PDA

View Full Version : HH Fast Road Plating Kit

Nova_Tek
29-12-09, 05:12 PM
What is it? Subsitute for the other strengthening kit for fast road Novas, or something completely irrelevant?

http://www.hh-ms.com/database/index.php?SelCategoryID=5&SelModelID=14&SelSubCategoryID=4

:thumb:

Nova_Tek
29-12-09, 08:11 PM
Anyone know?

Stuart
29-12-09, 08:13 PM
probably the same kit as the normal one just without the sump guard threaded bits lol

Nova_Tek
29-12-09, 08:15 PM
lol perfect. Seriously though, I'm guessing its a strengthening kit without specific rally plates and probably the sump one too. If anyone knows for sure then I can buy it as its half the frikken price!

mowgli
29-12-09, 08:45 PM
ring them up and ask them just what it is

Nova_Tek
29-12-09, 09:29 PM
That is plan B if no one knows fo' sho'. Thought I'd try my luck as there are some fairly knowledgable people on here ;)

brucer
29-12-09, 10:05 PM
That is plan B if no one knows fo' sho'. Thought I'd try my luck as there are some fairly knowledgable people on here ;)

Sometimes.lol

SR-Rally
29-12-09, 10:17 PM
I can pop down and ask harry if u want? Won't be able to till Monday or Tuesday though

Nova_Tek
30-12-09, 05:12 PM
Well I was gonna ring him in the new year (week begining 4th Jan). If you are passing and could do that for me mate then mega rep coming your way. Otherwise I'll just give him a bell.

Cheers SR-Rally :thumb:

bazil
30-12-09, 05:26 PM
i think i got mine from PRO-TEC, or walden in aberdeen, they dont do nova stuff at walden anymore, but i did take templates of all the plates before fitting them:) :)

SR-Rally
04-01-10, 04:11 PM
The rally one comes with sump guard mounts and plates to go on back axel which protect from gravel damage etc. If your using kit for road car get the road kit. Unless you take it on forestry every night. Hope this helps fella.

Nova_Tek
04-01-10, 04:21 PM
Mate your are a diamond, thanks for asking in person. You have +rep :thumb:

Sounds like I'll be buying the Fast Road Kit as the car won't be used for rallying.

Thanks again

SR-Rally
04-01-10, 05:38 PM
its alright :) harry said your getting 90% of the kit, so fast road is better value for money.

Nova_Tek
05-01-10, 11:08 AM
Well yeah of course man, almost half the price then the full kit. Anyone know how to order bits from HH? They don't seem to have a online shop. Is it a case of find part number and ring up?

Thanks again SR-Rally

SR-Rally
05-01-10, 11:14 AM
Yeah just give one the girls ring in the office, or ask to speak to jess and say you want to order road plating kit for nova that ben enquired about :thumb: she's hockleys daughter so will no what your on about. Their pretty helpfull and will find part number on their system.

Stuart
05-01-10, 01:58 PM
tbh most novas dont 'NEED' the plating kit at all, just a damn good seam weld and you are away with a strong bay. If of course the bay is like swiss cheese then yeah fit it.

Nova_Tek
05-01-10, 03:31 PM
The bay is literally mint even the battery tray is rust free and so is the chassis. Stitch welding will be done when it gets sent to the bodyshop and when I'm there I might aswell add the plating too I thought.

craig green
05-01-10, 03:40 PM
Put the plates on, you wont regret it.
I had an HH kit for mine before the copies were available, though I was aware of the walden kit I think.

I still have the beam mount plates & sump guard mounts in the shed!!