PDA

View Full Version : Info on Nova Sport C491MGB

dave2beetle
29-12-09, 03:46 PM
Hi,

My mate owned this car when its was only a few years old and is keen to find out if its still around.

DVLA says its not been taxed since Oct 1997 so not looking good. :(

Anyone know if it still exists?

Cheers,

Dave

vaughanmc
29-12-09, 09:20 PM
Not seen this one before - You any pictures ?

novacabrio
29-12-09, 10:51 PM
Contact DVLA and explain the situation about wanting to track it down they may offer some help as to if it has been scrapped or just apply for a log book then find the keeper via the previous keeper if you cant buy it once you've found it send log book back to DVLA saying you dont know why you got this etc etc

dave2beetle
29-12-09, 11:52 PM
Not seen this one before - You any pictures ?

It was pre digi camera mate but i'll see whats around. It was bought from Lows/Queens garage in Glasgow. 1st owner traded it pretty quick as he'd bought it for his wife and she couldn't handle it. My mate Dave was 2nd owner...he was 17 at the time. :eek:

It passed through a couple of folk we know then last seen, possibly out Paisley way.

He's 40 next birthday and we'd kinda like to buy it back for him if poss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dave ;)

dave2beetle
29-12-09, 11:54 PM
Contact DVLA and explain the situation about wanting to track it down they may offer some help as to if it has been scrapped or just apply for a log book then find the keeper via the previous keeper if you cant buy it once you've found it send log book back to DVLA saying you dont know why you got this etc etc

Thanks fella...might need to go down the log book route.

Cheers, Dave ;)

sport
30-12-09, 01:04 PM
It was pre digi camera mate but i'll see whats around. It was bought from Lows/Queens garage in Glasgow. 1st owner traded it pretty quick as he'd bought it for his wife and she couldn't handle it. My mate Dave was 2nd owner...he was 17 at the time. :eek:

It passed through a couple of folk we know then last seen, possibly out Paisley way.

He's 40 next birthday and we'd kinda like to buy it back for him if poss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Dave ;)

The only sport ive known of in paisley ended up reshelled and on a Dreg.

John
30-12-09, 01:14 PM
where's rich when you need him!

vaughanmc
30-12-09, 02:08 PM
One of the lecturers at my college class...His wife supposedly had a Sport and it was sold to a young boy but don't know what happened to it and I don't know the reg

I think he said he was from Dalmellington though (just outside Ayr)

dave2beetle
30-12-09, 09:14 PM

Still around? The one my mate heard of was laid up on a driveway for years. When he finally went to visit, it was gone. Almost certain it was his.

Mate's car had a plate on it prior to him buying it - something like 330 CBM - if that helps. Turns out he was a couple of years older when he had it and may have had a another owner or two.

Cheers, Dave :thumb:

nova josh
30-12-09, 09:55 PM
hope you find this car mate.

sport
30-12-09, 10:02 PM
Still around? The one my mate heard of was laid up on a driveway for years. When he finally went to visit, it was gone. Almost certain it was his.

Mate's car had a plate on it prior to him buying it - something like 330 CBM - if that helps. Turns out he was a couple of years older when he had it and may have had a another owner or two.

Cheers, Dave :thumb:

Went up to Nairn, had a couple of owners cant think who had it before the chap who reshelled it.
Was owned at one point by an ambulance driver iirc.
Where abouts are you and your mate from?

dave2beetle
30-12-09, 10:05 PM
hope you find this car mate.

Thanks mate. Appreciate its a long shot, but gotta be worth a try.

He owns a car bodyshop now...so even if its a wreck, he'd defo take it on.

Cheers, Dave

dave2beetle
30-12-09, 10:10 PM
Went up to Nairn, had a couple of owners cant think who had it before the chap who reshelled it.
Was owned at one point by an ambulance driver iirc.
Where abouts are you and your mate from?

Southside of Glasgow. Early 90's there was three of them kicking around here - albeit at least one was a rep.

Dave's car was mint. Sold it to a guy in Newton Mearns then lost track of it after that.

sport
30-12-09, 10:14 PM
Southside of Glasgow. Early 90's there was three of them kicking around here - albeit at least one was a rep.

Dave's car was mint. Sold it to a guy in Newton Mearns then lost track of it after that.

The sport im thinking of spent most of its life in paisley never new of any more in the area.

grooge
30-12-09, 10:22 PM
my dad knew of a guy years ago that had one in glasgow, owned a construction company i believe. unsure if it was real or replica though.
no idea of the plate either so I'm no help really. just thought I'd add a wee bit of info

nova josh
03-01-10, 01:03 PM
any look with this car as of yet??

dave2beetle
04-01-10, 12:03 PM
No luck as yet, but appreciate the interest.

May go down the route of applying for logbook and contacting the owner that way. Will be worth the £25 or whatever it costs...as he's a real good mate.

Cheers, Dave

vaughanmc
04-01-10, 12:03 PM
Go for it mate, could be out there in hiding in quite good nick :)

dave2beetle
04-01-10, 06:20 PM
Done! Thats the V62 form in the post to Swansea.

Next post from me might be from my jail cell when i get done for trying to gain a vehicle by fraudulent purposes lol

I'll keep you posted. And thanks again for the interest.

Cheers,

Dave

sport
04-01-10, 06:51 PM

Next post from me might be from my jail cell when i get done for trying to gain a vehicle by fraudulent purposes lol

Cheers,

Dave

Good on you for trying anyway.

novalovingned
04-01-10, 06:58 PM
Good on you for trying anyway.

+1

I wish i had mates that done this sort of thing for me lol

novacabrio
04-01-10, 07:20 PM
Nice one, maybe I should delete where I suggsted it lol, out of interest has anyone done an HPI check on this to check for scrap marker?

Derick-Sport
04-01-10, 09:50 PM
good luck with finding this one mate real shame if this cant be found

Richie_B
04-01-10, 10:17 PM
The info on the DVLA page should give an indication wheter it's still around (SORN) or scrapped by the dates

EDIT: re-read you saying 1997 and checked and looks like it's not SORN...?!

dave2beetle
04-01-10, 10:49 PM
The info on the DVLA page should give an indication wheter it's still around (SORN) or scrapped by the dates

EDIT: re-read you saying 1997 and checked and looks like it's not SORN...?!

DVLA enquiry i made online makes reference to liability date as Oct 1997. Did a similar enquiry for an old beetle i've got stored(which is sorn'd) and the date appears to relate to when its next due tax.

Liability date for my bug is historical too...so looks like it doesnt recognise sorn.

Cheers,

Dave

bazil
04-01-10, 10:54 PM
do a check on F879 MGD
my gte nova not dead but out of tax before sorn came in. ive still got her at my workshop but they say shes dead.
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/pics/PC300069.jpg

dave2beetle
19-01-10, 07:42 PM

Cheers,

Dave

Update:

Hit a bit of a wall with DVLA. They want the chassis number in addition to registration number....which clearly i don't have.

Could probably get it from an HPI check but dont really want to dig myself in any deeper. Shame really....i'd love to have found it.

Short of asking a bent copper to do a vehicle check, i'm running out of options.

Cheers for now,

Dave

novacabrio
19-01-10, 07:47 PM
DO IT!! Do the HPI be a shame not to do it and then always wonder what if

elgan
19-01-10, 07:50 PM
dont they contact the current name on the v5 before issuing a new v5 upon application?

Spudly
19-01-10, 07:53 PM
Update:

Hit a bit of a wall with DVLA. They want the chassis number in addition to registration number....which clearly i don't have.

If you dont mind waiting till next week when im back at work i should be able to get you chassis number bud:thumb:

DAFTJOHN
19-01-10, 07:55 PM
I went to view a sport in Linwood think in 98 or 99 and it had been parked up for at least a year. When I got there a fella from England had said he'd posted a cheque to secure the car and I missed out....£250 quid and it was all there too:eek:

dave2beetle
19-01-10, 09:05 PM
dont they contact the current name on the v5 before issuing a new v5 upon application?

Think they do mate...if they don't respond, it get issued. I'm kinda hoping it drops under the radar.

Appreciate if it was one of the cars (non vauxhall unfortunately) that i've got stored, i'd probably be a bit p*ssed off but a chance worth taking i think.

Whats the worst that can happen?? I lose £25?

Cheers, Dave

vaughanmc
19-01-10, 09:06 PM
If you do an HPI and give them the reg it could potentially be like you going to buy the car would it not ?

dave2beetle
19-01-10, 09:07 PM
If you dont mind waiting till next week when im back at work i should be able to get you chassis number bud:thumb:

Would appreciate that mate. Happy to wait. Maybe you can pm me with it.

Cheers, Dave

dave2beetle
19-01-10, 09:10 PM
I went to view a sport in Linwood think in 98 or 99 and it had been parked up for at least a year. When I got there a fella from England had said he'd posted a cheque to secure the car and I missed out....£250 quid and it was all there too:eek:

£250 for a complete sport DJ....**** the bed!! Bargain of the century - irrespective of condition.

Don't think it was my mates though....last seen a bit later than that.

Cheers, Dave

dave2beetle
19-01-10, 09:16 PM
If you do an HPI and give them the reg it could potentially be like you going to buy the car would it not ?

The HPI part aint the prob...its digging myself deeper in with the DVLA which is making me slightly nervous.

The way i see it though is, a V5 makes you the registered keeper of the car not the owner. Owner can be someone completely different, so dont think i'm incriminating myself too much.

We'll wait and see.......

Cheers, Dave

novacabrio
20-01-10, 08:44 PM
edit. wrong topic durrrr

dave2beetle
31-01-10, 03:50 PM
Would appreciate that mate. Happy to wait. Maybe you can pm me with it.

Cheers, Dave

Any joy with the chassis number Spudly?

Cheers, Dave

Spudly
31-01-10, 03:58 PM
Any joy with the chassis number Spudly?

Cheers, Dave

Not as yet bud ive not had chance to get on our parts computer but ive not forgotten you, ill see if i can get hold of it tomorrow for you:thumb:

dave2beetle
03-02-10, 08:01 PM
Top man Spudly - appreciate your help.

Back to DVLA i go. Will keep you all posted.

Cheers, Dave ;)

blue_peg_16v
03-02-10, 08:21 PM
id say the hpi check is saffer than the dvla

dave2beetle
03-02-10, 09:50 PM
id say the hpi check is saffer than the dvla

Hpi ain't gonna tell me the registered keepers details tho. Need that info to take this any further.

Cheers, Dave

blue_peg_16v
03-02-10, 09:53 PM
will show if its registered as scrap though so no need to go to dvla if scraped

dave2beetle
03-02-10, 10:16 PM
Still shows on DVLA vehicle enquiry website when you enter the details. If it was scrapped surely it wouldnt appear or would make mention of it?

Cheers, Dave

SR Kyle
03-02-10, 11:46 PM
ill look on comuter at work for chassis number for you tomorow bud

Curtoise
04-02-10, 02:53 AM
wow this is awsome lol i really hope you find this car! i wish i had mates like you lol

dave2beetle
04-02-10, 06:50 AM
ill look on comuter at work for chassis number for you tomorow bud

Got it mate...thanks to Spudly.

Cheers anyway, Dave ;)

dave2beetle
04-02-10, 06:51 AM
wow this is awsome lol i really hope you find this car! i wish i had mates like you lol

Thanks mate. Keep you posted.

Cheers, Dave ;)

dave2beetle
13-02-10, 12:41 PM
Look what arrived in the post today :thumb:

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp269/dave2beetle/100_0813.jpg

Still showing car as Paisley based, so plan to chap the guy's door either this weekend or next.

Cheers, Dave

muzzy
13-02-10, 12:48 PM
Just had a read through, going well so far since you have an address. Fingers crossed you get a result after all this!

Plug
13-02-10, 12:48 PM
congratz mate you found the car.

Be sure to take pictures off the car when you pop down to see if he will sell.

whats the bets on it being a fibreglass monster lol :)

Hope it all goes well

Damo
13-02-10, 01:31 PM
Yea get some pics up mate if he has it even if he dosnt want to sell:thumb: .

Keif
13-02-10, 02:03 PM
Cool, nice to see another Sport being located.

Pics are a must.

L33 LEG
13-02-10, 03:38 PM
lol @ getting the logbook. fair play to you for doing all of this, hopefully will be good news when you see the current owner. hopefully he wont kick up a fuss with you for trying to nick his car or something Lol!

sport
13-02-10, 04:56 PM
Still showing car as Paisley based, so plan to chap the guy's door either this weekend or next.

Cheers, Dave

Dave this is very intresting as im from Paisley and have never heard of any sports round this way in along time.

You have pm.

Connor
13-02-10, 04:59 PM
Congrats dave for tracking the sport down
Gone to great lengths to help your mate
hope all goes well :thumb:

kc_08
13-02-10, 05:20 PM
EPIC lol! good luck mate hope you get it back in one piece, there was a blue nova in my local tesco the other day mk2 with mk1 gte bumpers and spoiler,cav expression wheels with 1.2 badges on it, but i tried to find out more via dvla and the cars not even on there database, so been trying to work it out. anyone know why? seems abit fishy to me. looked like a proper sweet car aswell

dave2beetle
13-02-10, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the messages of support guys.

I'm not convinced the car is going to be there when we pitch up...but, at the same time, owner must be sorning it each year which makes me think its not a dead end.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers, Dave ;)

novacabrio
13-02-10, 05:40 PM
Cant wait for the update!!

bazil
13-02-10, 05:42 PM
I'm paisley too and the only sport I know is sport's, I wonder who has it?

wilson_sri
13-02-10, 06:10 PM
Your a brave man chapping a strangers door in Paisley :lol:

Good luck, really hope you find this!

bazil
13-02-10, 10:24 PM
lol +1^

davie300zx
16-02-10, 10:26 PM
hi guys it sure is exciting as i'm daves mate that owned the car all those years ago. lets hope its still there . thanks for all your input . dave is off on holiday now back next week so need to wait till 27th to see if its there. what a car in its day. left a good few so called hot hatches standin.

Paul
16-02-10, 11:15 PM
Oh, i was expecting a reply to say if it was there ro not, good luck!

Oh and you have a good mate lol

bmw156
16-02-10, 11:38 PM
the suspense is killing me :D

squirrel-designs
16-02-10, 11:50 PM
good thread really hope its there for you. will keep my eye on this thread

NOV4_SPORT
17-02-10, 02:40 PM
hope it goes well mate.

iain

davie300zx
17-02-10, 10:01 PM
Oh, i was expecting a reply to say if it was there ro not, good luck!

Oh and you have a good mate lol
ye he is a good mate . we do daft things for each other. both our good ladies think we are both bonkers.

Mazz
17-02-10, 10:10 PM
Just read though the thread :) Will be nice if you find it..

boyle_46
18-02-10, 05:14 AM
dude cmon , we need an update :d youve got nearly the whole site in suspence lol would be nice to see your friend get it back ,regards Nathan .

NovaLad
18-02-10, 05:44 AM
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! LOL...
Good thread! lol

davie300zx
22-02-10, 08:56 PM
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! LOL...
Good thread! lol

dave sent me a text from holiday to say he drove past the address before he left to have a look , no car to see but there is a garage at the bottom of the driveway. hopefully tucked up in there , will need to wait till saturday and hope somebody is home to try and find out......turns out its the same address that i knew it was at about 16 years ago . no change of keeper . the other dave.

vaughanmc
22-02-10, 08:56 PM
Oh nice one! Hopefully it's in there or even if the ID lives on :)

bazil
22-02-10, 08:59 PM
go on give me the address and i'll have a sneaky peak tonight lol im very local lol

the suspence is worse than and eastenders weekend cliffhanger lol

muzzy
22-02-10, 09:00 PM
This is getting exciting lol

Keif
22-02-10, 09:02 PM
the suspence is worse than and eastenders weekend cliffhanger lol

I hope the end is better and not so much of a let down tho. lol

novacabrio
22-02-10, 09:05 PM
WILL SOMEONE JUST GO AND KNOCK ON THE BLOOMIN DOOR PLEASE I CANT WAIT MUCH LONGER

and yes I did meen to shout

muzzy
22-02-10, 09:06 PM
WILL SOMEONE JUST GO AND KNOCK ON THE BLOOMIN DOOR PLEASE I CANT WAIT MUCH LONGER

and yes I did meen to shout

Calm down lol

novacabrio
22-02-10, 09:10 PM
Calm down lol

NO!

:thumb: lol

muzzy
22-02-10, 09:12 PM
^^^^ Lunatic

lol

edited also below

bazil
22-02-10, 09:12 PM
IM IN PAISLEY!!! GIVE ME THE ADDRESS lol

davie300zx
23-02-10, 10:44 PM
Cant Do That , You'll Spoil It For Us .

novacabrio
23-02-10, 10:50 PM
Well hurry up dave and dave

Danny s-p
23-02-10, 11:20 PM
i hope it there for you mate

bazil
26-02-10, 10:04 PM
hi guys it sure is exciting as i'm daves mate that owned the car all those years ago. lets hope its still there . thanks for all your input . dave is off on holiday now back next week so need to wait till 27th to see if its there. what a car in its day. left a good few so called hot hatches standin.

eek its nearly the 27th lol

Jon_nova1
26-02-10, 11:33 PM
wow, only just spotted this, guess i haven't got to wait too long lol

Richie_B
27-02-10, 01:35 PM
Fair play for the efforts you're going to for your pal. Seem to be getting a lot of encouragement off here although tbf would people be so encouraging if it was their car that you'd applied for the logbook for?!

And since you knew the owner 16 years ago and it's been off the road for 13, then maybe that would've been the easier place to start.

Good luck in trying to buy it back though.

Danny s-p
27-02-10, 10:00 PM
have you been to see it yet and is it there

bazil
27-02-10, 10:09 PM
have you been to see it yet and is it there

depending on the postcode in paisley we may never find out lol or hear from dave again lol

muzzy
27-02-10, 11:50 PM
I want to know!

Danny s-p
27-02-10, 11:52 PM
^^^ same lol. hope he get it so there another back on the road

dave2beetle
06-03-10, 11:56 PM
Looks like tomorrow is the day! :eek:

Lets hope we get a favourable outcome.

Cheers, Dave

muzzy
07-03-10, 12:25 AM
Good luck, hope its a good result

Dave.
07-03-10, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the messages of support guys.

I'm not convinced the car is going to be there when we pitch up...but, at the same time, owner must be sorning it each year which makes me think its not a dead end.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers, Dave ;)

Not trying to "Burst the bubble" or anything, but when a car is SORN'ed, the DVLA check shows this

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/x_novadose_x/sorn.jpg

It says "SORN not due"

Most probabley find that he was the last owner back in '97 or whenever it was last taxed, scrapped it, sent the logbook into DVLA as scrapped, and the poor sport was no more

Then when youve applied for a logbook, due to their being no current keeper, your automatically issued with one

You never know, it couldve been tucked up in his garage/barn for 12 years without being SORN'ed, however he wouldve been fined every year, but we can only hope :d

AlexW
07-03-10, 01:11 AM
Wrong dave, 97 was before the SORN came in iirc, Cars declared off the road before then, wouldnt show up as nowt afaik

Dave.
07-03-10, 01:16 AM
Wrong dave, 97 was before the SORN came in iirc, Cars declared off the road before then, wouldnt show up as nowt afaik

Ahh, didnt know that lol
But at the same time, once a car is scrapped, it also becomes "Unlicence'd" and simply stays that way untill it drops off the system

Hopefully it is tucked away in the garage, and not with the other 80% of Novas in the sky :(

dj_wudgey
07-03-10, 10:49 AM
i also hope its not gone be a shame if it is!!

dave2beetle
07-03-10, 06:32 PM

Sport, looks like you were right.

The two Dave's pitched up at the last known registered keeper's today and met with the guys dad. Real decent fella...but couldn't remember his son owning a white nova - until we mentioned it would have sounded throaty.

Next thing he's on the phone to his son who was very enthusiastic about us being there. Thats where the good news stops....

Unfortunately car was heavily rear ended by a taxi in the early/mid 90's and written off. Guy took the car back as part of the insurance payout and it was sold on complete/damaged in the Paisley area. Its understood that the car got re-shelled and the owner later moved away.

On the plus side, discussions are now ongoing with regards to building a 're-creation' in memory of Dave's Sport. The previous registered keeper is happy for us to have the logbook given the connection with the car...so watch this space.

Thanks to all for the support offered so far. Just a shame we couldn't come back with a better result or photos.

Think we've found a mk1 shell but it goes without saying that if anyone has any Sport related parts to help with the build, we'd be more than happy to hear from you.

Other Dave is 40 next April so having it built by then is the aim.

Cheers, Dave :)

AlexW
07-03-10, 06:33 PM
Thats a shame.

vaughanmc
07-03-10, 06:34 PM
I can't wait to see this taking shape - You going to be building a Sport replica and using that reg plate on it ?

Mazz
07-03-10, 06:35 PM
Real shame it wasn't there :( Maybe it wasn't meant to be..

Edd
07-03-10, 06:38 PM
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

Think you will need lots of good luck in finding Sport parts.

sport
07-03-10, 10:08 PM
Sport, looks like you were right.

The two Dave's pitched up at the last known registered keeper's today and met with the guys dad. Real decent fella...but couldn't remember his son owning a white nova - until we mentioned it would have sounded throaty.

Next thing he's on the phone to his son who was very enthusiastic about us being there. Thats where the good news stops....

Unfortunately car was heavily rear ended by a taxi in the early/mid 90's and written off. Guy took the car back as part of the insurance payout and it was sold on complete/damaged in the Paisley area. Its understood that the car got re-shelled and the owner later moved away.

On the plus side, discussions are now ongoing with regards to building a 're-creation' in memory of Dave's Sport. The previous registered keeper is happy for us to have the logbook given the connection with the car...so watch this space.

Thanks to all for the support offered so far. Just a shame we couldn't come back with a better result or photos.

Think we've found a mk1 shell but it goes without saying that if anyone has any Sport related parts to help with the build, we'd be more than happy to hear from you.

Other Dave is 40 next April so having it built by then is the aim.

Cheers, Dave :)

Dave you have pm.

muzzy
07-03-10, 10:09 PM
Shame it wasn't there but at least the father & son were decent about it and you are planning on re-creating it.

dave2beetle
05-06-12, 11:13 AM
Went outside today and look what i found

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp269/dave2beetle/100_1447.jpg

Still need to source an interior (willing to p/ex existing rainbow sr one)

Sport decal on boot needs moving downwards and source/fit original boot badges, but beginning to look the part.

Cheers,

Dave

Spudly
05-06-12, 11:17 AM
Errr, how on earth have you managed that, please tell me youre just using the written off sports registration as show plates, as if youve just slapped them on and plan on using it on the road using that reg, you do know thats ringing dont you?

Not trying to piss on your bonfire btw, just pointing out that there is a massive legal can of worms you 'appear' to be tin opening, and it could result in you losing the car!

L33 LEG
05-06-12, 11:40 AM
Just re-read this thread. Im pretty sure that plate will just be on as a show plate, hopefully anyway or else that's seriously illegal lol

Was a shame to hear about the write off in the 90s but at least you know what happened. Good to see the father and son really helping you out :)

dave2beetle
05-06-12, 11:59 AM
Haha, knew that would cause a bit of 'sport'...but you are both correct, show plates only. Its actually this;

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp269/dave2beetle/100_1446.jpg

Sport rep that i picked up from N.I the other week.

All being well, it will be at Crail on sunday along with other Dave's broon mk1 which is being fitted with a redtop as we speak.

Anyone fancy a run up on sunday? The more the merrier. :)

Cheers,

Dave

Spudly
05-06-12, 12:09 PM
Cool, sorry if i came across like i was having a pop at you, just after all the searching about youve done trying to find the orginal car and such, it would be such a waste to have it impounded and or crushed if you used it on the road with the sport plates on!

sport
05-06-12, 12:09 PM
Whats on this Sunday at Crail might Swing round.

dave2beetle
05-06-12, 12:27 PM
Just a regular day as far as i know.

We're going up saturday night, camping nearby, few beers, etc.

Cheers,

Dave

Edd
05-06-12, 12:31 PM
More pics of the Sport rep please

dave2beetle
06-06-12, 10:35 PM
n/side

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp269/dave2beetle/irishsportnearside.jpg

o/side

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp269/dave2beetle/irishsportoffside.jpg

front

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp269/dave2beetle/irishsportfront.jpg

Bumper flashes and white trim stripe being added at weekend. Also early mirrors to replace box ones and possibly oz rims to replace sr alloys..although i'm growing to like them. Remind me of a sport that kicked about Glasgow back in the day.

It appears to have later doors and early decals or other way round judging by fit at handle. Not too fussed, still looks presentable enough.

marc69
06-06-12, 10:47 PM
It looks great already.

Tony M
07-06-12, 12:48 AM
I just read through the whole thread and the suspence was killing me as I was reading through it lol

Shame that you couldn't find the original car but glad that you didn't give up on the whole idea. Hope you get it finished mate, wish I had mates that did that kind of stuff for me lol

+Rep.

dave2beetle
28-07-12, 09:48 PM
Should prob start a new thread for this, but anyhoo a long overdue update on the Sport rep....

Parts haul of 'sport' bits has been rather fruitful.

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp269/dave2beetle/100_1521.jpg

This included a mate down south picking up 2 front seats for me (ebay win) and cant thank other Dave enough for donating all his base model brown bits. He's going down a different route with his car now, so swapped all my grey - less the seats that Ewan G bought - for his brown. Dave is also responsible for the bumper flashes...he has a bodyshop in EK and turns out top drawer finishes. PM me if you want his number.

Just shy of a back seat...so if you have one kicking around or know of one, PM me. It would finish off a nice sport replica.

Oh, and it'll be going onto a 'C' reg as soon as DVLA get their act together.

Cheers,

Dave

sport
29-07-12, 02:14 PM
Nice collection of parts there Dave, on the subject of the back seat you might be easier sourcing the 60/40 split SR rear seat and getting it trimed onto a single back seat.

NOV4_SPORT
29-07-12, 02:36 PM
Looking good mate good bit of progress and parts collection

Iain

dave2beetle
29-07-12, 09:54 PM
Thanks guys, most parts now fitted.

Wouldn't be adverse to SR rear seat - being a rep, I can't afford to be too fussy. Will keep an eye out for either.

Cheers,

Dave

EwanG
30-07-12, 10:12 PM
Hey Dave. Its good to see you got the front seats you were after. I hope you can find some rears.:thumb:

dave2beetle
31-07-12, 10:07 PM
Hey Dave. Its good to see you got the front seats you were after. I hope you can find some rears.:thumb:

Thanks mate.

Yeah, keeping an eye out but i'll run with no rear for time being if need be.

Need to get a Crail date before the year slips away...

Cheers,

Dave

cheshiresport
31-07-12, 11:39 PM
God i still miss my old sport. Nice little story this one

sport
02-08-12, 09:24 PM
Dave if you fancy a wee road trip check this out

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?187806-Saturday-drive-2nd-sat-in-august

sport
02-08-12, 09:25 PM

Buy yourself another one mate :thumb:

Novasport
02-08-12, 09:52 PM

Hello stranger, how's things? Get yerself another bought ;)

cheshiresport
17-08-12, 10:20 AM
Hey Rich, would love the idea of owning another Sport but not the hassle of re doing a car nearly 30 years old. Has my old one shown up anywhere yet finished do you know?

sport
17-08-12, 02:54 PM
Last i heard of your old one in came to Scotland and never seen of again.

Novasport
17-08-12, 06:49 PM
Hey Rich, would love the idea of owning another Sport but not the hassle of re doing a car nearly 30 years old. Has my old one shown up anywhere yet finished do you know?

MIGHT know of a nice tidy one possibly coming up for sale soon. Bodywork is all done afaik. You still got my mobile number?

NOVA13SPORT
21-08-12, 07:45 AM
Last i heard of your old one in came to Scotland and never seen of again.

It's now in ni , getting sorted out , not spoke to the owner yet but he is a friend of a mates friend
saw it as I was driving past his house and it's looking good

sport
21-08-12, 07:44 PM
It's now in ni , getting sorted out , not spoke to the owner yet but he is a friend of a mates friend
saw it as I was driving past his house and it's looking good

Good to hear its getting sorted, any recent pics of it?

dave2beetle
09-01-13, 12:34 PM

Finally got sorted with an sr rear. Worth the wait, its in good nick.

Pretty much had to buy a full interior to get it but worked out easier for the seller that way.

So...i'm about to list spare front seats, front door cards and bare dash in parts f/s for anyone who's interested in them. Not brilliant condition so not asking much for them - but no doubt of use to someone.

Will post pics of car when i get the rear seat fitted. Its on a C reg now too so looking the part.

Cheers,

Dave

sport
09-01-13, 06:56 PM
Dave start a wip thread.