PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Servo mounting plate - traps water

Iain
29-12-09, 01:37 PM
Suggestions for how to overcome this issue? Water seems to sit in a puddle just here:

http://iainel.co.uk/images/forums/CorsaServo.JPG

I've filed out two grooves (pictured) to try and stop water sitting in the dished part of the bracing, but it's creating a puddle between the mount and the tray which isn't ideal.

Count Vaux Alot
29-12-09, 01:44 PM
Is the gap to large to fill with silicone sealer?

AlexW
29-12-09, 01:51 PM
Fill it like i said.

Iain
29-12-09, 02:24 PM
I guess I could fill it with seam sealer/silicone sealer but I was wondering if anybody had a 'nicer' solution.

Plating over it seems overkill and would let all the water run in to the strengthening plate which is probably going to hold water as it is!

tom reid
29-12-09, 08:09 PM
Fill the channel with seam sealer, by the time you make your mind up with an alternative, It'll have rusted awaylol

Graeme
29-12-09, 08:12 PM
I have to seal 25mm gaps on badly measured shop fronts in work, that'd be my solution as its easy and light

sparkie1401
29-12-09, 08:12 PM
unlucky

i hate it when u do stuff and then realise another issue has arisen!

how long would it take to re do and remove the lip, then you get it how you want it as i get the idea you dont like the "fill it with sealent " option

Nova_Tek
29-12-09, 08:13 PM
I'd say seam sealer and try to channel the water so it runs towards the drainage holes.

Iain
29-12-09, 08:53 PM
Can't redo it Sparkie, it's thoroughly welded to the battery tray!

Ok I'll cram it fill of seam sealer lol

dan23
29-12-09, 09:27 PM
find a scrap corsa cut out part of the bulkhead with servo hole in
weld it in place on the nova
there will be one large hole for the servo an four for the bolts no need for the plate any more
if the bulkhead needs strenghtening can it be strenghted from the inside

Iain
29-12-09, 10:12 PM
Cheers Dan, I'd do that if it wasn't welded in already!

I think I'll grind off the lip on the right and smooth it off with seam sealer, and create a few more drainholes on the right!