PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP insurance????

16xe_chris
28-12-09, 10:28 PM
Anyone know of or can tell me where i can get cheap insurance for my standard 1.6 nova lol

I only really need a temporary cover for about 4 weeks, so i can get tax and come to this nova meeting and put miles on the engine.

I phoned up the AA and because it's gone from a 1.2 to a 1.6 they won't touch it:confused:

Stuart
28-12-09, 10:29 PM
try the insurance forum...

most 'temporary' insurance wont let you buy road tax.

16xe_chris
28-12-09, 10:50 PM
try the insurance forum...

most 'temporary' insurance wont let you buy road tax.

lol lol i searched for insurance before starting this lol lol

Why won't they let you buy road tax?? this project is getting more expensive by the day:cry: , can anyone else buy me road tax?? i.e. Dealers or traders

16xe_chris
28-12-09, 11:10 PM
just got a price for £120 for 20 days!!!!!

wwmnw
28-12-09, 11:11 PM
just got a price for £120 for 20 days!!!!!

[Cockhead comment]Lol, I wont be paying much more than that for my tuned 1.6 over 12 months.[/Cockhead comment]

blue_peg_16v
28-12-09, 11:17 PM
if its a second car give hic a call they will do a classic pol my lets only £320 a year everything declaired but they only do year pols and no refund if you canx pol early, on the other hand if you go with a uki underwriten company eg directline churchill tesco you get a 14 day cooling off period so as long as you canx in the first 14 days you get a full refund, its consumer rights but since they have sacked me might as well share docs usualy come within 5 days so could tax come meet then canx and get all your money back

16xe_chris
28-12-09, 11:17 PM
[Cockhead comment]Lol, I wont be paying much more than that for my tuned 1.6 over 12 months.[/Cockhead comment]

Ha Ha who are you insure through:confused: can i billy bull **** them with 100years no claims discountlol

16xe_chris
28-12-09, 11:19 PM
if its a second car give hic a call they will do a classic pol my lets only £320 a year everything declaired but they only do year pols and no refund if you canx pol early, on the other hand if you go with a uki underwriten company eg directline churchill tesco you get a 14 day cooling off period so as long as you canx in the first 14 days you get a full refund, its consumer rights but since they have sacked me might as well share docs usualy come within 5 days so could tax come meet then canx and get all your money back

:thumb: :thumb: well worth looking into matey, cheers for that one :thumb:

wwmnw
28-12-09, 11:20 PM
Ha Ha who are you insure through:confused: can i billy bull **** them with 100years no claims discountlol

Flux, who else lol

bmw156
28-12-09, 11:21 PM

text typing!

blue_peg_16v
28-12-09, 11:52 PM
sorry not text typing its the abreveations i used to use at work a hard habit to get out of

Spudly
28-12-09, 11:56 PM
text typing!

No he aint typing he is just genuinely poo at spelling, i rag him for it all the time lol

blue_peg_16v
29-12-09, 12:08 AM
just because im ambidextrous and can type feck all with both hands lol

Bubba
29-12-09, 12:14 AM
i paid £130 for 8 weeks with flux

Stuart
29-12-09, 08:13 AM
Why won't they let you buy road tax??

because you might have a 12 month tax disc but then only one months insurance... OK you can overlap them with normal policies anyway but atleast with temp ones they try to cover their asses a bit

mowgli
29-12-09, 09:31 AM
i went thru confused.com & have a really cheap classic policy with performance direct

Jack
29-12-09, 08:09 PM
Anyone know of or can tell me where i can get cheap insurance for my standard 1.6 nova lol

I only really need a temporary cover for about 4 weeks, so i can get tax and come to this nova meeting and put miles on the engine.

I phoned up the AA and because it's gone from a 1.2 to a 1.6 they won't touch it:confused:
do you want to insure a standard car or a modified one? Figure out what you want first, then start looking...

I can get cheap insurance on a 1.6, thanks for asking :)

Annie
29-12-09, 09:08 PM
once when i bought a car I got my insurance with halifax then cancelled it, with most insurance companys you can cancel your insurance within 14days & get your money back :)

blue_peg_16v
29-12-09, 11:09 PM
once when i bought a car I got my insurance with halifax then cancelled it, with most insurance companys you can cancel your insurance within 14days & get your money back :)

some now charge an admin fee due to the amount of times this has been done to discourage it as the police are having problems with the certificates as people have been keeping them, the ones i put up definatly have no admin fee for canceling but i know others dont charge too