PDA

View Full Version : K&N any point?

Anonymous
03-08-00, 11:03 PM
Has anyone here who has added a K&N air filter felt any difference in Acceleration>? also did ya tell your Insurance company or not? cos some people say they dont make any difference and that your insurance is void if you have one.

Cheers

Anonymous
03-08-00, 11:30 PM
Not sure about K&N performance, but as for insurance, do have a word with your insurers. My mate caused a bit of a pile up a while back, when the insurance found out about his K&N, the declared his policy void! leaving him to cope with the stress, and belive me there was a lot!!

Anonymous
03-08-00, 11:40 PM
yeah.. yikes... Think I will leave me standard filter in as insurance companies these days just laugh and put the phone down when ya tell them you have put a furry dice on the mirror let alone a K&N

Anonymous
04-08-00, 09:13 AM
K&N will not do to much on its own. It works better with an exhaust system. Think about it, you taking more air in to the car, you have to then get rid of it. The more you do to your engine, the more it will work.

If you put one on your car, it will give it a lovely sucking sound when you push down on the accelerator. If you have an performance exhaust it will produce a better sound from that to.

Putting one on, without tell the insurance co, it is always guna be a risk, but as long as it is only the air filer I think you could get away with it. As long as you keep the old air filter, you can swap them over it you crash.

Anonymous
05-08-00, 05:57 PM
ever thought about modifyed car insurance? my insurance only whent up ?60 for dropping a 1.4 sr engine with cam and filter in. it went up no more for adding everything else

dont modify ur car and not tell the insurance companys its not worth it (ask my brother ha ha ha ha)