PDA

View Full Version : Missing at ~ quarter throttle

matt_vaughan
28-12-09, 03:06 PM
I'm sure this has probably happened to someone before and I'm getting narked off with it now.

My car can be fine one min, then it'll completely miss/big hessitation on ~quarter throttle on a gentle push on the pedal.

Kaning it etc runs fine, there doesnt seem to be any less power really.

Only thing I can think is distributor or leads, but I cant remove the dizzy cause the bolts are mullered.

Anyone any ideas on this?

Thanks lads (and lasses :thumb:)

EDIT..........guess what...its a 1200 carb :D

Morton
28-12-09, 04:28 PM
i have the same problem same engine aswell:( ....im thinking that the points may be worn but im not sure either ....

matt_vaughan
28-12-09, 04:32 PM
I'm 95% sure its a leccy problem, can see it being carb, although it tends to do it a bit less with loads of choke, but think thats just coincidence.

I have a spare dizzy knocking around, just cant get my old one off cause someone's mullered the bolts on it.

AlanH
28-12-09, 04:45 PM
does it run a throttle position sensor (never messed about with spi engines) i'd be suspicious of that if its only at 1/4 throttle

matt_vaughan
28-12-09, 04:52 PM
EDIT..........guess what...its a 1200 carb :D

:thumb:

Copers
28-12-09, 05:04 PM
doubt its the carb mate, the early sr's ran with the same carb no problem, more likely dizzy, leads or plugs

matt_vaughan
27-01-10, 06:55 PM
dizzy was the problem, changed it, problem solved...for anyone having problem in future and finds this thread

mowgli
27-01-10, 07:38 PM
dizzy was the problem, changed it, problem solved...for anyone having problem in future:roll: and finds this thread

the dizzy wasn't the problem, the advance retard mechanism was the problem..... they have been crap for about the last 25 years.... every time i see one of these type of threads (sorry, i didn't see this one before) i tell people what to test on the dizzy.......