PDA

View Full Version : can copies of gm panels be made?

bazil
28-12-09, 02:58 PM
I bought an original GM rear floor and boot panel from brodie sri last year but what im thinking is, can a copy be made so it can be repoduced before i weld it into my GSI? These panels are rare now so if one could be copied others could buy them.

KSRY
28-12-09, 03:51 PM
You sure somewhere like Hadrian don't do them?

LEWI007
28-12-09, 03:59 PM
Would be nice to have reproductions made, then alot of novas could be saved.

Annie
28-12-09, 04:11 PM
you can get them remade but you will need a min order, My dad wanted some manta jacking points made up but you need a min order of 100.

something to look into in the future, get the club to put membership up a little or maybe ask members for small donations. rent a lock up & buy up remaining nova panals. You can then in the future club together & get panals made up in bulk to sell throu the club shop.

Andy
28-12-09, 04:15 PM
Its not "making" the panels what takes the time,its the "mould" if you like

Annie
28-12-09, 04:21 PM
Its not "making" the panels what takes the time,its the "mould" if you like

spot on :) thats what i was trying to say, thats why most places have a min order otherwise it wouldnt worth their time making the mould & it would cost £££'s just for afew panals. the more you have made the cheaper it is.

LEWI007
28-12-09, 04:27 PM
we should really all get together and get a mould made of each nova panel there is and start having them reproduced and sold on the PNG shop site.

loggyboy
28-12-09, 04:29 PM
To be fair, making a mould from an original panel to make a non original panel would be no differernt than buying a non original that already out there.

bazil
28-12-09, 04:35 PM
i think a ritual sacrafice of the most mint nova would be an idea, if you could remove chassis legs carefully then have them remanufactured id buy 100's of rear oneslol
most surface pannels are avalible but the important parts like rear floors pans and chassis legs are non existant:cry:

i want this panel to help others before its used and gone for good.

bazil
28-12-09, 04:37 PM
To be fair, making a mould from an original panel to make a non original panel would be no differernt than buying a non original that already out there.
well show me where i can get another full rear floor and boot panel and i'll have 2:thumb:

Annie
28-12-09, 04:46 PM
Good point but most of the sites that you can buy pattern nova panals from have have stopped making them or have limited stock left. Most mk1's & 2's are getting pretty rotten & being scrapped so the need for panals in say 5 years isnt going to be worth while for these companys to make.

5 years ago you could get most manta panals but now pretty hard to find now same thing will happen to nova panals, Be nice to have ready availble inner wings & rear spring mounts.

if the club bought 1 of every panal now & kept it in storage. it could be used for making pattern parts should the supplys of panals disapear in the future.

bazil
28-12-09, 04:55 PM
Tis What I Was Sort Of Thinking.

bazil
30-12-09, 04:54 PM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/lol%20pics/PC300062.jpg

This is what i want copied before i use it, How many others could use a panel like this???

burgo
30-12-09, 04:57 PM
that fapping awesome bazil. id want one like that

bazil
30-12-09, 05:00 PM

aye is proper GM too, got it off brodie earlier this year, but i dont want to miss out on helping others but i really need to use it in my GSI, probly need one for my GTE aswell,

mayhem
30-12-09, 05:30 PM
Good point but most of the sites that you can buy pattern nova panals from have have stopped making them or have limited stock left. Most mk1's & 2's are getting pretty rotten & being scrapped so the need for panals in say 5 years isnt going to be worth while for these companys to make.

5 years ago you could get most manta panals but now pretty hard to find now same thing will happen to nova panals, Be nice to have ready availble inner wings & rear spring mounts.

if the club bought 1 of every panal now & kept it in storage. it could be used for making pattern parts should the supplys of panals disapear in the future.

almost every manta panel is still available. there is this german guy, dr. manta, he has everything, but it's not cheap.

Mike
30-12-09, 05:41 PM

eBay.de

Theres fapping loads on there.

bmw156
30-12-09, 05:59 PM
i suspect the costs are huge to make panels. and espically in that size.

and that panel is lovely, but most novas rot only in the boot corners so would it not make sense to make a panel which covered both of those parts. like a rear arch.

Bubba
30-12-09, 06:00 PM
fibreglass mould...knock out fibreglass panels?

bmw156
30-12-09, 06:07 PM
fibreglass mould...knock out fibreglass panels?

thats all good and well for the ones that are being made atm but you wouldnt want a FG floor or chassis leg.

and i thought about making FG panels for novas etc, but its a mater of space. bonnets and boots are big things. and i doubt after materials and labour flogging them for sub £100 your not going to be making much.

burgo
30-12-09, 06:08 PM
its all down to quantity martin. if you buy the materials by the truck load its obviously much cheaper and therefore a bigger profit margin

bmw156
30-12-09, 06:19 PM
its all down to quantity martin. if you buy the materials by the truck load its obviously much cheaper and therefore a bigger profit margin

i totally agree burgo :)

but then as i said its all down to space. because you have to store your truck load of goodies somewhere. and also as you will know, you have to have money in the first place to be buying your truck load lol.

burgo
30-12-09, 06:20 PM
i have space and money lol but **** that!!

bmw156
30-12-09, 06:23 PM
i have space and money lol but **** that!!

i totally agree, i can think of much better business propects to make money then fooking with fibreglass everyday lol. if i need one ill just buy one lol

Jack
30-12-09, 06:27 PM
Good point but most of the sites that you can buy pattern nova panals from have have stopped making them or have limited stock left.
Supply and demand. If there was the demand for Nova panels, they would be available. A few people on a web forum does not a demand make.

Good idea. So we'll put you down as the first to pay the increased £25,000 annual club membership fee then? lol

duick
30-12-09, 09:09 PM
aye is proper GM too, got it off brodie earlier this year,

And Brodie got it from me :d

and that panel is lovely, but most novas rot only in the boot corners
Right. As I would like to see how you change the complete floor lol

well show me where i can get another full rear floor and boot panel and i'll have 2
I can get you 10 lollol

bazil
30-12-09, 09:21 PM
And Brodie got it from me :d

Right. As I would like to see how you change the complete floor lol

I can get you 10 lollol

KOOL i'll have 2 and place a request for both front inner wing and 4 rear chassis legs oh and a rear panellol lol lol

seriously are these parts still available over there?

duick
30-12-09, 09:29 PM
There are a few boot floors left and plenty of rear panels.
Front inner wings including the turrets are also available.
Chassis legs are NLS for years

bazil
30-12-09, 09:35 PM
There are a few boot floors left and plenty of rear panels.
Front inner wings including the turrets are also available.
Chassis legs are NLS for years
how would i go about getting the inner wing as i need a pair to stop my 89 gte dying:cry:

LEWI007
30-12-09, 09:41 PM
I think you can buy every panel in germany even new doors.

But it means someone would have to go there and bring them back, if i ever go then i will.

But we really do need to reproduce these panels and save more novas from dying and save the hard work of welding bits of metal together instead of just putting a nice new panel in.

let_nova
30-12-09, 09:42 PM
i need a boot floor and inner wings, road trip bazil?

burgo
30-12-09, 09:44 PM
if anyone knows whats left then its duick

nova josh
30-12-09, 09:45 PM
road trips for parts are great done a few but get called mad for it go for it :)

bazil
30-12-09, 09:49 PM
i need a boot floor and inner wings, road trip bazil?
looks like it manlol

duick
31-12-09, 11:19 AM
how would i go about getting the inner wing as i need a pair

Easiest way is to do a trip to my colleague, who did the delivery trip with me, and pick the parts up.

I think you can buy every panel in germany even new doors
Nope, a few parts are NLS, even RH doors