PDA

View Full Version : I'm having no luck

wwmnw
27-12-09, 12:55 PM
A stone hit the windscreen the other day and cracked it, steering is still funky til I get paid and fix it, brakes are still a bit sketchy (stops fine but pedal travels) exhaust is blowing from where the mid section joins the back section. Starting to wish I never bought a Nova :cry:

burgo
27-12-09, 12:57 PM
A stone hit the windscreen the other day and cracked it, steering is still funky til I get paid and fix it, brakes are still a bit sketchy (stops fine but pedal travels) exhaust is blowing from where the mid section joins the back section. Starting to wish I never bought a Nova :cry:

wash your bludy mouth out

wwmnw
27-12-09, 12:59 PM
I've had nothing but problems with is so far, I knew it wouldn't be perfect and easy when I bought one, but all these problems? Granted the steering is my own fault for being a cock but :cry:

Bubba
27-12-09, 01:00 PM
is that not the point of a car? to draw the stress away from women

Iain
27-12-09, 01:01 PM
If you do handbrake turns and hit a kerb it's gonna bend something in most cars, also if it's a large enough stone it'd probably take out any windscreen, so it's not the Nova's fault.

wwmnw
Lol, I'm sure I said something similar not long ago. I've been single too long so a woman would take my mind of things (til the nagging starts) lol

burgo
if you had a car with no charactor you would get bored of it

wwmnw
27-12-09, 01:02 PM
If you do handbrake turns and hit a kerb it's gonna bend something in most cars, also if it's a large enough stone it'd probably take out any windscreen, so it's not the Nova's fault.

Hence why I'm having no luck.

wwmnw
27-12-09, 01:03 PM
if you had a car with no charactor you would get bored of it

Dunno about that, I've driven a 1.9 CTDi Vectra estate and liked it lol

AlexW
27-12-09, 01:04 PM
Whats a nova?

burgo
27-12-09, 01:04 PM
Dunno about that, I've driven a 1.9 CTDi Vectra estate and liked it lolive driven lots of cars and liked driving them but need a nova in my life, or three lol

wwmnw
27-12-09, 01:08 PM
I think its my turn to say I'm sick of them and considering selling it, but its not worth £300 and I would want more than that for it, maybe I'll be happy when its finished and looking good and performing well, at least I hope so as I've spent a fair bit already.

mayhem
27-12-09, 01:42 PM
stop crying.

new windscreen is about 60 euro's (without placing), new steering arm is about 40 euro, brake parts are cheap...

when you're killing a draper spec'd c20let, then you may cry.

Jack
27-12-09, 04:02 PM
^ lol

Get a heated windscreen in there :d

John
27-12-09, 04:07 PM

Tbf you could have these problems with any car! what's a second hand screen gonna cost? £20 and half an hour of your time to fit?
Hope you have deep pockets if you want a cdti vectra!

Angus Closier
27-12-09, 04:59 PM
Lets face it, better a nova windscreen and not somthing that costs loads to replace! the steering was kinda your fault, but if you had done it in another car once again it would be much more expensive to replace!
You think you have had it bad, we have had 5 punchers in a week (not just me the family) we don't have any cars to drive atm no one is open!!

mrT
27-12-09, 07:13 PM
well i think you need to fix all the problems properly on it then it,ll be fine,windscreen is a 10 minute job,brake set up is as basic as it gets to fix,once youve got all the probs sorted it,ll be fine,had my nova for years,only stuff i replaced was wiper blades,one cv joint and brake pads,never let me down once,would of kept it if it wasnt for the rust underneath

blue_peg_16v
27-12-09, 07:57 PM
there not problems the vans head gasket went the other day and the loon has started missing and i still havent finished the engine swap on the vectra :cry:

wwmnw
27-12-09, 11:31 PM
The kind of car it has happened to me in isn't relevant to my post, the fact I'm having **** luck is, as for a heated windscreen, I'm really tempted, been eyeing them links up people have been posting in the heated windscreen thread for those who want to buy on their own, they're not cheap but it would save having to wait ages for the heaters to sort the window out.

Jack
28-12-09, 10:15 AM
If you have the cash, its worth doing.

wwmnw
28-12-09, 10:19 AM
True, but I don't have the cash lol I'm a low earner so do what I can when I can.