PDA

View Full Version : info needed on e16se big valve heads

mowgli
27-12-09, 08:05 AM
i have been looking about at doing something like a blydenstein b head for my e16se. i have come to the conclusion that there really can't be much work involved for the overall cost of an exchange head... when the cost of new valves & seats are added up, even at trade prices, then machining & labour...

who has had a good look at one???

apart from a quick tidy up, is there much porting done???

do they use big block 8v valves??? as they are remarkably similar in size apart from the larger diameter

are they worth doing in terms of gains???

your comments are appreciated, apart from the usual shoite about fitting a redtop or a v6... i will never fit one or other to this car, it is too good to be modified in that way.

thanks

GRUNT 16V
27-12-09, 03:49 PM
I had a B+ head and to be honest there was not much porting at all there as a bit of reshaping in the throat part and a little in the valve floor area, There was alot of sandblasting going on in there . As for the valves they were something else very shiney sexy things pretty sure they were race valves, nothing that you can use from a std vauxhall (if you know what i mean) As for prformance ,after the 500 mile break in period that Bill B used to stick by!! it went like a bullet it was mental i was seeing cav sri's civics and such things off (A BIG SMILE FACTOR). But to be honest i got bored of it and valvered it which was mucho better!! if this helps then great
Thanks Grant

John
27-12-09, 04:03 PM
I have a 13 b+ head here, quite a lot of porting, bigger, waisted valves. I can photograph it for you mike?

mowgli
27-12-09, 04:12 PM
I have a 13 b+ head here, quite a lot of porting, bigger, waisted valves. I can photograph it for you mike?

that would be great