PDA

View Full Version : weber 32/34 poblems

mel1
26-03-03, 11:55 PM
I've just fitted a 32/34 weber carb to a 1400cc nova.it gave me good improvment on old 2e3 its runing okay on slow idle, mixture has been set with a gas anerlizer.timings all set correct, but somthing still not right its still a bit ruff some flatt spots now and agian.could eny one tell me whot size jets are need or maybe just dirt in carb eny ideas

Will
27-03-03, 12:20 AM
i get that on the odd occasion, its a nova wot do u expect! :P

mikeoxford
27-03-03, 10:41 AM
it jetted right............?

rgv_stu
27-03-03, 11:16 AM
yeah its jetting by the sounds of it

the weber sizes that they fit seem to be a bit out. when i had that carb will has now , i got it off a tuned 1300.
on that it had been rollin roaded and all the jets were smaller than the weber recomended size. and on that 1300 it really flew.

i put the standard weber sizes back in when i fitted it to my 1400 and i was getting flat spots etc.

just needs a rollin road setup i reckon

mel1
27-03-03, 09:35 PM
cheers for the advice, i got the carb out of the scrap yard it came off a astra club not sure what size engine it was luckly it came with all the conversion kit all i did was put the t peice in the fuel line. the only thing i did,nt do was cleen it.enyway it only cost me 25 quid so im still quids in,al clean the carb in side and out see how it goes

mikeoxford
27-03-03, 10:57 PM
cheers for the advice, i got the carb out of the scrap yard it came off a astra club not sure what size engine it was luckly it came with all the conversion kit all i did was put the t peice in the fuel line. the only thing i did,nt do was cleen it.enyway it only cost me 25 quid so im still quids in,al clean the carb in side and out see how it goes

nice one

it will be jetted wrong tho i wud of thought

rgv_stu
28-03-03, 09:10 AM
jetting wont be that far out

even if it came off a 2.0 it aint that bad.

my mates golf is running on a weber we fitted from a 2.0 audi and we aint changed no jets and it runs well

mikeoxford
28-03-03, 11:01 AM
off the top of your head do you know how to adjust 32 34?

im running one temporary, need to adjust the fuelling

rgv_stu
28-03-03, 11:37 AM
what you adjusting mike?
idle mix is at the back right hand side in carb base
idle speed is left hand side throttle stop.
fast idle is on the throttle lever pushing againtst choke

what do you need to do?

mikeoxford
28-03-03, 11:43 AM
well TBH im unsure

i know my way round a perburg carb (just about) and set of 40s like the back of my hand - ive had to the way they were playing up!

on my 32 34, which TBH is only a temporary measure

anyway

i know it is lean

as it WAS on a 1.4

erm, when i turn the ignition off, it runs over a bit like preignition but as far as im concered it is timed accurately.

i need to get a strobe on it obviously but i think its fine.

i fitted a spare choke i had lying about, and if i pull the choke lever out a lil bit, its fine and dosent run over.

i need it jetting and tuning correctly.

just want to get it running ok(ish)

as i think my previous engine troubles were from a badly setup mixture / leaneness or richness.

causing overheating probs in the cylinder bores and pistoins

rgv_stu
28-03-03, 12:44 PM
find out what jets you got in it first

might just need a bigger idle/progression jet to sort it out

the idle should be a 55 in a 1300 and 60 in a 1400 iirc

rip em all out and give me a list
primary- idle,main,air corrector,emulsion tube
secondry- idle,main,air corrector,emulsion tube

mel1
28-03-03, 04:54 PM
i took the jets out off my carb and both where 165 must be way to big

rgv_stu
28-03-03, 07:42 PM
that sounds about rite for an air corrector :)
thats on the end where the screwdriver goes
other end when you take it out is the main jet
the bit between is the emulsion tube
the 2 smaller jet assemblys are the idle/progression jets

mel1
29-03-03, 04:56 PM
thanks for the help, oops thawt the screw end was the main jet well it is on bikes enyway. no my way around tuning motorbikes better.but there you go im lurning as i go, bestway to get to know cars is on a nova i think,lots of fun and cheep