PDA

View Full Version : ENEM cams in 1.2

Nova_Tek
25-12-09, 12:45 PM
Would the ENEM cam fit into a 1.2 carb? I know the 1.3SR cam gives a decent gain on the 1.2 carb, so the ENEM cam should give further improvement.

The headgasket will be done soon and I will most likely get this done with a very good friend who is a bit of a pro (recently fully rebuilt his LET) so whilst the engine was in bits I thought I'd do a couple cheap easy mods to help make it bit more fun, port & polish, cam upgrade, maybe skim the head and upgrade the manifold, until I decide to source and fit a LET within a few month after.

Nova_Tek
25-12-09, 02:38 PM
Anyone?

Forgot to mention that the carb would be upgraded and a polished inlet too would be done but need to know if the ENEM would work.

dan23
25-12-09, 09:18 PM
dont se why it wouldnt work just check that the distrubter drive fits the cam but iirc 1.2 an 1.3 have the same black distruboter so you should be fine

however the standard 1.4 cam has the highest lift of them all but you would need the distrubutor to make it work

enem found in early astras

Nova_Tek
25-12-09, 09:27 PM
I know about the 1.4 but I don't want to do any unnecessary changes and it's really a cheap power upgrade till the LET is sorted, too much hassle chaging the distributor drive etc and more cost would be involved. IIRC the 1.3 SR cam is said to give up to 5bhp increase. The ENEM cam gave the 'sport' engine a 5bhp increase so we are looking at anything between 5 - 10 bhp, this obviously is an estimate and all depends on other variable but still its a decent upgrade.

Nova_Tek
26-12-09, 12:01 AM
Quick question, how many degrees was the ENEM upgrade cam for the 1.3 Sport engine?