PDA

View Full Version : air filter/induction kit?? for C20XE in nova

Grey
24-12-09, 02:50 PM
hello any advice would be Great! basically after a induction kit not botherd about price but my problem to my mind is the room of haveing one and sucking in nice kool air?:confused:

i originaly had a shabby induction kit on there wich proberly cost pennys then had a bmc induction kit but really was very tight under bonnet and also had a lame piece of flexi pipe comeing from bottom grille in gsi front bumper wich i think is useless so i sold it to a friend! i didnt really have any issues with the shabby one as i went to courtenay with vx-online back in november 2008 wich was then featured in feb issue this year (the one with the 1000bhp yellow menaro on front page) and my nova got star car running 169.1 bhp:d !

its been off the road for a year now and have rebuilt another c20xe wich i picked up for £100 and have spent near enough a £1000 on it so it will be good!! i hope!! soooo any ideas? please dont say throttle bodies lol maybe one day! THANKS!

craig green
24-12-09, 03:28 PM
You really cant do much better than an airbox on an XE. Likewise a new paper filter element every few months will be best.

If it has to be a cone, the jap scene Apexi ones are said to be the best.

Grey
25-12-09, 02:49 PM
You really cant do much better than an airbox on an XE. Likewise a new paper filter element every few months will be best.

any idea where to get them from mate? Any ideas? Thanks? Ill try to begin with fitting airbox off my astra mk3 gsi. With the apexi one any ideas haveing it fitting properly and a nice air feed?

Cheers. happy xmas by the way

Adam
25-12-09, 03:10 PM
Ive got an enclosed filter on mine, like a BMC

Jack
25-12-09, 03:22 PM
I have an Apexi on my GT4, its good. Not sure how well it would perform on a GM motor though