PDA

View Full Version : Music Rant

RickW
24-12-09, 11:01 AM
Just thought id have a bit of a rant about music!

Seeing how it’s the last day at work before Christmas we have music on. I have created the play list and tried to keep a widespread choice but there is a girl here who seems to have the worst taste ever.

I understand its each to their own but it amazes me that someone who is 27 has never heard Led Zeppelins music…or know what band john lennon was in. But yet can tell you the entire history of cascada! It saddens me that this is how it is nowadays. No one with talent gets recognized but if you get someone to “lay a sample” over some old tune you get world recognition!

Rant over

Richard

wwmnw
24-12-09, 11:13 AM
I agree, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV6R0I2oHKY

Jon_nova1
24-12-09, 11:15 AM
come on rage against the machine!

pikey1986
24-12-09, 11:23 AM
music isnt what it used to be, its mostly digitally enhanced crap

wwmnw
24-12-09, 11:24 AM
:cry: RATM are crap, I've never been a fan of their stuff.

NathanPrince
24-12-09, 11:25 AM
How can you not know the Led?

pikey1986
24-12-09, 11:30 AM
RATM have done a couple of good songs but nothing to rant about, Jonny Cash now he made good music:thumb:

vaughanmc
24-12-09, 11:36 AM
Sex Pistols!!! Megaaa :)

NathanPrince
24-12-09, 11:37 AM
GnR, before Axl ruined it. =[ I still hate you Axl!

pikey1986
24-12-09, 11:39 AM
GnR have made some absolute classics altho slashes new band velvet revolver dont sound too bad

Stuart
24-12-09, 11:40 AM
I know of led Zep, and stuff that norven monkey lennon did but to me its crap/dull.

not a huge fan of cascada though lol

more of a late 80's early 90's kinda guy :) (except dance music which peaked at about 1999/2000)

vaughanmc
24-12-09, 11:43 AM
17 year old and I'm a big big fan of early Oasis, The Jam, Paul Weller, Blur, Pulp, James, Ocean Colour Scene, U2

Also like some dance/trance, house, techno and some old skool hardcore (Ultrasonic, Dye Witness etc)

Not into this 50 Cent sort of music, definately not for me!

NathanPrince
24-12-09, 11:44 AM
Oh you mean you don't like "Smoke weed everyday, bang chicks, smoke more weed F**K F**K motherf**ker? How could you not?? =/

vaughanmc
24-12-09, 11:45 AM
lol Not into that s*it at all mate no

Pop music as well is very annoying

RickW
24-12-09, 11:45 AM
lets just say they are winging because im playing supergrass, beatles, white stripes. I wouldnt mind but they are asking for cascada, beyonce and dj infitity??? god knows haha

I like to please everyone but its wrong that they dont understand that a song should be written about something. Im in miami beach and no other words does not constitute a song!

vaughanmc
24-12-09, 11:47 AM
Nice choice mate, I like Supergrass and the White Stripes as well

NathanPrince
24-12-09, 11:47 AM
More of a rock person myself, Hendrix, GnR, etc. Also instrumental rock too. Don't like this whole gay boy band shoite all over the place, and this "dubstep" sh*t which is horrific and makes no sense what-so-ever.

RickW
24-12-09, 11:48 AM
vaughan you have the same choice in music as me but im trying to choose music thats to both tastes but its so hard when i get asked for black eyed peas or rhianna

Jon_nova1
24-12-09, 11:51 AM
GnR are classics, never once bought one of thier songs, but no-one can say they've never heard sweet child o' mine playing in thier local lol

hc coupe
24-12-09, 11:52 AM
It saddens me that this is how it is nowadays.

Ehhhhh ?

I feel your pain with the majority of Pop songs (as they all seem like a mass kareoki ordeal to me)

However this year as had some really good (and for the most part, unique) artest/ Music.

Heavy Young Heathens
The Bloody Beetroots
Florence + The Machine
The Antlers
The Big Pink
The Very Best
Monsters of Folk
Them Crooked Vultures
Jason Lytle (debut solo album)
Dan Auerbach (debut solo album)
Mumford & Sons
oh yeah : Susan Boyle :thumb:

hc

RickW
24-12-09, 11:55 AM
this is the thing....its not that people have their own taste...each to their own but when you havent heard of some of the most influential people in music by the time your in your late 20's then there is something seriously wrong.

Im passionate about music...real music made from the bedrooms or basements by genius song writers. Jeff Buckley, John Lennon, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Page & Plant.

you can hate their music but you cant say its ****. These guys influenced the world!

LoonTim
24-12-09, 12:08 PM
I'm 18 and I agree with most of whats been said on here.
I don't get the point of Dance/Dubstep etc except for if its really loud, really late and in a club...
Liking Vaughans music, sounds like my dads CD collectionlol Love it.
My brother plays bass so all I've heard for the last 3 years is the red hot chili peppers:cool:

As for new music: Florence, Jamie T, Frank Turner, Arctic monkeys, Them crooked vultures:thumb:

hc coupe
24-12-09, 12:16 PM
Not sure if something is seriously wrong.

I have never taken the time to sit down and read some of the biggest named books in the world... I wish I had the time too, but sadly

(I see where your coming from , as I'm a huge music fan. I find it seriously wrong, when people Don a RAMONES t-shirt, yet know utter bolx about the music/era...ect ect)

Sloth
24-12-09, 12:42 PM
the clash.

nuff said.