PDA

View Full Version : repeaters

adam2472
26-03-03, 07:13 PM
ive fitted some clear oval side repeaters this afternoon.. had to modify the repeaters and the bulb holders. got em on in the end with alot of filling
and sore fingers :|
i used double sided tape to hold them on but there is still a small gap between the repeater and the wing.. if water gets in there will the tape peel of,, and there lookin like bit of a target for gettin thieved :( ne 1 got ne ideas what i can use to seal the gap??

Wiggie
26-03-03, 07:18 PM
take it back out,put a line of cilicone sealent round it and press it up, then if you wanna get it back out l8r in life then just used alittle bit of force...it comes off with out leaving a single mark!!!! luvly stuff!

good luck

Wigz

adam2472
26-03-03, 07:23 PM
ideal m8,, cheers for the quick reply.. im a little new to all dis moddin milarchy (only been drivin 2months).. ne specific type of silicone i shud look out for??..

Chris LR
26-03-03, 09:27 PM
Waterproofing stuff I'd say...... stuff used on UPVC Conservatrys....

What colour is your car?

If It's Black/White/Silver or Brown (?) you can get silicones to match, otherwise get some clear stuff.

?Marty?
27-03-03, 01:04 AM
alot of filling

Make sure you paint over any bare metal, as it'll rot your wing in no time.

Wiggie
27-03-03, 03:08 PM
(only been drivin 2months)

lol, im still 16 bud (hmph its frustrating!)

ade
27-03-03, 10:46 PM
PLEASE dont use silicone sealer - it'll peel in the winter and water will get in within months!

You can by foam based trim tape - its double sided and is about 3mm thick - has a waterproof foam centre - simply measure up the required amount, cut a hole for the part that slots into the wing - stick onto the back of the bulb unit, trim the edges and then stick onto car (remove backing tape 1st though obviously!)

And yes - please prime and spray the untreated area 1st. You should also run some sealer around the edges of the metal exposed on the area you filed back otherwise moisture will get in from behind the wing and rot it from the inside out!!!
:(