PDA

View Full Version : strip out

nova302
26-03-03, 03:51 PM
Just wondering wit u guys reckon.

I got a nova 1.2i u know 45bhp 4speed box etc.
Just an idea but if i stripped it out like anything that doesn't get used gets taken out.
And then superchipped it would it make the car pretty quick due to weight loss and extra bhp or wouldn't it be worth the hassle. Has anybody done this?
Cheers[/swf]

Ben (lurk75)
26-03-03, 04:03 PM
By stripping out everything that is non essential you can lose over 10% over all weight.

I am not sure if they do a chip for a 1.2 but there is plenty you can do, you want to speak to CP or MC as they were planning a project on this very theory. look in the FAQ's in this forum and there is an article on it there.

Most people would say put a bigger engine in but you can achive some gains by simple mods.

I have just stripped my interior right out, i even removed the sound deadining tar off the floors, i am uploading some pics either tonight or tommorow so keep an eye out for them.

Ste_Nova
26-03-03, 04:44 PM
no superchip for the 1.2i

Aragorn
26-03-03, 08:52 PM
nope but removing all the restrictive parts for parts from normal cars (like the SR) will help the power no-end

SR-camshaft, SRi exhaust manifold and dowpipe, GTE center section, and your current back box and maybe an injector upgrade from a 1400 SPi should see a nice little power increase

what u MUST remember with this engine tho

MAKE SURE the lambda probe is connected when tuning it, or the ECU will run a default mapping for the 1200 and will lean out due to all your mods and you'll smoke your engine

niel is running a 1600 with the 1200 SPi gear and its all working fine - mostly because he left all the required sensors connected as he should :D

mikeoxford
26-03-03, 10:20 PM
i got an SR exhaust system you can have..............

Aragorn
26-03-03, 10:52 PM
:o

didnt u read what i said !!

if he fits an SR exhaust and dumps the lambda im giving it a few weeks before it goes bang

and SRi exhaust is what he needs coupled with a GTE center section

Ben (lurk75)
26-03-03, 11:00 PM
you just cant educate some people!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikeoxford
26-03-03, 11:04 PM
:o

didnt u read what i said !!

if he fits an SR exhaust and dumps the lambda im giving it a few weeks before it goes bang

and SRi exhaust is what he needs coupled with a GTE center section

i didnt say anything of the opposite

all i said was

i got an SR exhaust system you can have..............

:lol:

nova302
28-03-03, 12:39 AM
ok cheers for help i'll have alook around for them bits and get sum bits stripped out