PDA

View Full Version : Corsa c20xe

benton101
21-12-09, 05:27 PM
my mate has got him self a civic type R not the new style but the style down from it (the better one imo still jap scrap) and he says he cant wait to race me and beat me in it as he was gutted because he failed in his 1.6 vtec (jordon shape) he says it will have 230bhp by the time i race him, but my c20xe has 170bhp, but he is still conviced after me telling him it only ways 900kg, and his civic is 1500kg anyways, so power to wait ratio is clearly in my favour so i think my corsa will sail by him. any thoughts on this?

Pistol Pete
21-12-09, 05:31 PM
lol age old question this one!

Power to weight, no idea. As for 230bhp in the Civic...whats he having done? They are around 200 standard IIRC??

TBH, would be pretty close at a guess.

therealnovaboy
21-12-09, 05:34 PM
if vtec kicks in it could open up a black hole and turn the universe inside out. and all 2litre corsas so not really much of a race. so ive heard anyway. vtec is sick.

Lee H
21-12-09, 05:40 PM
Sure a CTR isn't that heavy and a Corsa isn't that light.

Civic would beat it I think, my XE Nova only just beat the Civics and that was lighter than a Corsa.

benton101
21-12-09, 05:46 PM
yeh 200bhp standard.
welli dont know what he is doing, it could just be a spoof but but im just taking the figures he his giving me, as im not worried
i think i will be lighter when i race him as im polycarbing windows and sunroof

if vtec kicks in it could open up a black hole and turn the universe inside out. and all 2litre corsas so not really much of a race. so ive heard anyway. vtec is sick. its pulling at least 600kgs with only 60bhp more to pull it vtec doesnt just open up and produce 100 billion million bhp
he cant drive either so it has to be a straight line :mad: 2 more advantages on my side, after 2nd il just have to keep my eye on the finish line and wait on him with his pitifull jap scrap :cool: lol

power to wait. 230/1.5 =153.3... (1.5 = 1500kg)
170/0.9 =188.8... (0.9 = 900kg)
speaks for its self i think.
how much torque to red tops have as it think them civics only have 170 pft i thought red tops have 170 as well but i was told 180 standard.

Lee H
21-12-09, 05:55 PM
XE is only about 145 lb/ft torque.

Sloth
21-12-09, 06:04 PM
ive seen a 173bhp proven 950kg corsa xe race a box stock civic type r (the same shape as your on about) and it abused the face of the civic.

mayhem
21-12-09, 06:05 PM
yeah, but he has vtec, so when youre trying to find 3rd, he's pulling away in 2nd.

200+hp honda, must be a b18b in there?

this guessing game is nice, but driver makes the difference, you can beat an ferrari if it's youre 465yr old grandfather behind the wheel...

Sloth
21-12-09, 06:10 PM
yeah, but he has vtec, so when youre trying to find 3rd, he's pulling away in 2nd. err nope he ran out of steam at 140mph, we kept going untill 157, and that was on a gps sat nav.

200+hp honda, must be a b18b in there? a20 code engine.

this guessing game is nice, but driver makes the difference, you can beat an ferrari if it's youre 465yr old grandfather behind the wheel...
two experienced drivers, both do trackdays drag racing etc...

Spudly
21-12-09, 06:14 PM
My mate had a 55 plate CTR which had a trust exhaust system and an airfilter from an S2000, my nova XE was running a powercap, an F28, leda coilovers and yokohama A539 tyres and the civic handed my ass to me everytime we had a traffic light grand prix and anytime we went down the motorway too!

Rickardo
21-12-09, 06:18 PM
My mate had a 55 plate CTR which had a trust exhaust system and an airfilter from an S2000, my nova XE was running a powercap, an F28, leda coilovers and yokohama A539 tyres and the civic handed my ass to me everytime we had a traffic light grand prix and anytime we went down the motorway too!

Thats because you were driving Spud. lol

Type R FTW. :thumb:

Jack
21-12-09, 06:20 PM
The breadvan CTR?

http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/honda_images/honda_civic_type_r_02_08_05.jpg

CTR = 197bhp in 1204Kg = 1636bhp/ton
Corsa XE = 150bhp in 950Kg = 157bhp/ton

Manufacturer figures for a stock CTR is to do the quarter mile in 15.2 at 96mph

Plug
21-12-09, 06:23 PM
the rice rocket will piss over your corsa IMO

mayhem
21-12-09, 06:23 PM

okay, i was thinking of older type honda's., those new ones look sh!t.

Rich
21-12-09, 06:25 PM
My old nova was stripped with 2 bucket seats, carpets and dash. redtop with maxnex manifold and matching 2.25" system, it used to rip type r's a new one all day long.

Corsas are heavierand gayer though.

Nobby
21-12-09, 06:55 PM
I raced a mate one night in his Civic TypeR in the belmont with a standard C20XEand i wiped the floor with him a C20XEshould have it all day long unless you cant drive!

Spudly
21-12-09, 06:58 PM
Thats because you were driving Spud. lol

Type R FTW. :thumb:

Cheey sod i knows how to pedal thankyou verily much :p

And yes Jack it was the breadbin type-R, i quite like them actually and after working for a Honda mainstealers for a few years i really like them!

Nobby
21-12-09, 06:59 PM
quite like them actually and after working for a Honda mainstealers for a few years i really like them!

You gimp!! Request immediate ban on spud please :d

Spudly
21-12-09, 07:02 PM
Why, theyre pretty competent cars off the shelf and have good toys for what they are and theyre damn reliable too:thumb:

Lee H
21-12-09, 07:03 PM
I raced a mate one night in his Civic TypeR in the belmont with a standard C20XEand i wiped the floor with him a C20XEshould have it all day long unless you cant drive!

I obviously can't drive then and must have fluked my 1/4 mile time in said Nova.

Lee H
21-12-09, 07:05 PM
Cheey sod i knows how to pedal thankyou verily much :p

And yes Jack it was the breadbin type-R, i quite like them actually and after working for a Honda mainstealers for a few years i really like them!

I keep looking at them and getting tempted with one. They hold there money so well though so obviously a crap car :roll:

Bubba
21-12-09, 07:07 PM
all this talk of japcrap makes baby jesus mad

Spudly
21-12-09, 07:10 PM
I keep looking at them and getting tempted with one. They hold there money so well though so obviously a crap car :roll:

We had one in for a service and the plum techy apprentice didnt tighten up the sump nut properly, the guy drove to london in it and noticed a rattly noise in it when he got there, drove all the way back and brought it in, they spotted the lack of sump plug and oil, thought oh well its gonna be a warranty job for a new short motor for it so we will fill it back up and see what it sounds like anyway, this they did and it ran perfectly and as the car was a lease car the guy said fcuk it ill take it back as it is cos its not mine:eek:

Still on the road now with same engine apparently:thumb:

Nobby
21-12-09, 07:18 PM
I obviously can't drive then and must have fluked my 1/4 mile time in said Nova.

Just speaking from my own experience pal:thumb:

Bubba
21-12-09, 07:19 PM
i remember my mate turbo'd his b16 ek civic and didnt do the sump plug up...it last the grand total of 45mins before the whole lot went POP...oh how we had a giggle

Rexy
21-12-09, 07:21 PM
I apparenlty had my **** handed to me by a corsa xe in traffic... lol Even after telling the lad i was on .5bar as it had a acctuator problem.

So If a corsa XE can dick an EVO your going to Slay the civic PMSL :P

Corsa xe's are like nova xe's the fastest things on the planet nothing can touch them not even gravity itself.

Lee H
21-12-09, 07:21 PM
Just speaking from my own experience pal:thumb:

The guy you raced must not be able to drive, the ones I raced ran 14.6 and 14.8 1/4's repectively. :d

Rickardo
21-12-09, 07:23 PM
I apparenlty had my **** handed to me by a corsa xe in traffic... lol Even after telling the lad i was on .5bar as it had a acctuator problem.

So If a corsa XE can dick an EVO your going to Slay the civic PMSL :P

Corsa xe's are like nova xe's the fastest things on the planet nothing can touch them not even gravity itself.

lol lol.

Lee H
21-12-09, 07:24 PM
My Corsa XE is well fast, what about yours Rickardo? :cry:

Rexy
21-12-09, 07:26 PM
What the kid hasnt mentioned to his mates was the fact that mr chris, with the clio who also drives like an absolute prick at times absolutly twooted said corsa lol...

Owning these cars is a pain, you get Beat by everything.

Rickardo
21-12-09, 07:28 PM
My Corsa XE is well fast, what about yours Rickardo? :cry:

Mine is rapid.. It will out drag anything. All i can see in my rear view is Rexy crying in his Evo trying to keep up. lol

Rexy
21-12-09, 07:34 PM
LMFBO, you knows it clart!

Rexy
21-12-09, 07:35 PM
Becareful mr rick... i'll set the clio on you!

Spudly

Thats hardly a threat given your history with clios is it lol

Rickardo

:cry: :cry: :cry: . NOT THE CLIO

lol

benton101
21-12-09, 07:36 PM
them civics surely weigh more than 1200kg.

my corsa is strippd with two buckets inside and dash basically all sound deadening is out stripped back to metal engine bay as well, soon to be poly carbed as well. so im maybe speakin 850kgs as im sitting at 910kg just know running a newly rebuilt bottom end redtop with a BTB manifold, full stainless 2.25" pipercross exhaust, cams, power cap, k&n filter and an F20box i think around 170bhp. his is a bottom of the range type R running as said 197Bhp supposidly away to be 230bhp.

imo im not convinced it will be be pulling away, and abyone is on here deffending jap scrap should be selling any vauxhall part they own and not appear on this site lol lol

JAP IS SCRAP!!!!!!!!!!
and FRENCH IS SOFT
VAUXHALL ALL THE WAY
all in favour

Lee H
21-12-09, 07:38 PM
and abyone is on here deffending jap scrap should be selling any vauxhall part they own and not appear on this site lol lol

JAP IS SCRAP!!!!!!!!!!
all in favour

What if I own Jap and Vauxhall :confused: Or is that not allowed? lol

Rickardo
21-12-09, 07:39 PM
My Xe corsa is stripped, 2 seats, dash and harnesses and it's Gash with a capital G..

My opinion. :)

Spudly
21-12-09, 07:40 PM
What if I own Jap and Vauxhall :confused: Or is that not allowed? lol

I do, Izuzu engine (jap) in my cav (vauxhall) id have a CTR anyday, theyre good cars so mr benton can get a spoon and eat my a**e lol

benton101
21-12-09, 07:42 PM
you can own what ever you like mate but imo this being a vauxhall nova people should be giving me ways and means of beating jap haha

Spudly
21-12-09, 07:44 PM
Fit a let:thumb:

There you go :p

Rickardo
21-12-09, 07:45 PM
Ram him off the road, you'll beat him then...

To the hospital that is. :)

benton101
21-12-09, 07:45 PM
i also had a isuzu engine mk3 astra good car and engine unitll the ****in thing blew up on me, not saying you shouldnt have one, i would have one. but this is a vauxhall site so stick your jap up your ass and then i will drive my corsa into it haha

Rexy
21-12-09, 07:46 PM
lmfbo... ha ha ha. Dude, your a goon...

Rickardo
21-12-09, 07:48 PM
i also had a isuzu engine mk3 astra good car and engine unitll the ****in thing blew up on me, not saying you shouldnt have one, i have one. but this is a vauxhall site so stick your jap up your ass and then i will drive my corsa into it haha

lol lol. It's a Nova site, not a vauxhall site..

This isn't Corsasport dude. lol

benton101
21-12-09, 07:48 PM
fitting a let means turbo, that means different class from N/A models, i also prefer n/a to turbo for racing as they are more reliable imo. okay my bad for that slip up, but you must re think that appauling shout, not a vauxhall site who makes novas

Rexy
21-12-09, 07:49 PM
the term, STOP DIGGING. applies right here.

Spudly
21-12-09, 07:50 PM
i also had a isuzu engine mk3 astra good car and engine unitll the ****in thing blew up on me

You mean you stoved its head in and blew it up then, theyre bombproof tbf unless you run 30-40psi through them and yes you will get detonation but unless you had epic boost through it then youre just a plum who doesnt know how to thrash an engine safely:p

benton101
21-12-09, 07:53 PM
nope never touched the engine since i bought it apart from servicing. it didnt boil either, bottom end went on it.
how am i digging a hole for myself, im trying to beat jap and your sticking up for it.

Spudly
21-12-09, 07:56 PM
im trying to beat jap and your sticking up for it.

Not really were just trying to tell you its a better faster car and will beat you!

Ive never killed a bottom end on any of my cars so i fail to see how you do it, ive given death to most of my cars:d

Rickardo
21-12-09, 07:56 PM
nope never touched the engine since i bought it apart from servicing. it didnt boil either, bottom end went on it.
how am i digging a hole for myself, im trying to beat jap and your sticking up for it.

He will, he has an Evo. lol

He,we have a valid point as well. Every Xe on the planet will have 100,000 mile on it by now.

Vtec motor is legendary, if it was a seriously worked on xe it might stand a chance.

Rexy
21-12-09, 08:00 PM
**** yeah i am, Japs awesome lol. Im rolling in an evo 5 so JDM all the way.

The "if you dont own a nova/vauxhall" comment got me... what you think that once you sell your nova thats it... These ****ers are some of the best lads to chill, chat to at meets etc and most i class as very very good mates.

Rickardo
21-12-09, 08:02 PM
**** yeah i am, Japs awesome lol. Im rolling in an evo 5 so JDM all the way.

The "if you dont own a nova/vauxhall" comment got me... what you think that once you sell your nova thats it... These ****ers are some of the best lads to chill, chat to at meets etc and most i class as very very good mates.

As an X nova owner, i agree with Mr Rex on this one. :thumb:

Jack
21-12-09, 08:07 PM
them civics surely weigh more than 1200kg.
Not according to parkers

and abyone is on here deffending jap scrap should be selling any vauxhall part they own and not appear on this site lol lol

JAP IS SCRAP!!!!!!!!!!
and FRENCH IS SOFT
VAUXHALL ALL THE WAY
all in favour
I own an ST205 and a Nova. Since buying the former many years ago, there is no way in hell I'd not have a japanese car in my life. Sure Novas are fun cars, but I certainly would not have one as my sole primary car, let alone any other vauxhall. Not a chance.

adam c
21-12-09, 10:21 PM
I would say the CTR would have the edge over it(i own a CTR and have drove quite a few xe corsa's).Thats not a biased opinion btwlol

BUT id say a stripped xe nova would either be sat on its bumper or passing it quite easily..............sell your pap corsa and get a novalol

davidfox280585
22-12-09, 06:03 AM
to be fair the ctrs are a good strong reliable car,
but i drove one and was to say the least disapointed,
i can see why people buy them as they are a nice car but there not raw enough in my opinion!,
i passed many in my series 2 rst that was 220 at wheels and none could even get close to me,
in my opinion go for it its only a bit of fun!!!!!!

i have been in blue pegs saloon many year ago when it was an xe and was very impresed back then and have since drove a corsa xe and the corsa seemed lame to a nova,
good luck though let us know how you get on!!!!!!!!!!!

L14MNP
22-12-09, 02:01 PM
EP3 will ream you (having read only the initial post) colonyawn