PDA

View Full Version : 1.5l 3cyl

Jack
20-12-09, 01:42 AM
Took the spark plugs on the nove out earlier to see if any oil had spooged its way down there since the new gaskets. Plugged the front bank back in but forgot the rear.

Cue annoyance at 7pm when I tried to start the fcuking thing. Mind you, sounded wikkidy bo running on the front 3 only, and could probably still out drag a 1.2 lol

L14MNP
20-12-09, 01:43 AM
eBay Scooby mod FTW. Also works on 4cyl engines. PP the monies and I will email you with instructions on how to do this!

Hayley
20-12-09, 01:45 AM
So i might of had a shot of beating you in my likkle beast then.

(If i was trying that is) :d

Lee
20-12-09, 01:46 AM
eBay Scooby mod FTW. Also works on 4cyl engines. PP the monies and I will email you with instructions on how to do this!

I thought the scooby burble was caused by unequal manifold pipes?

Jack
20-12-09, 01:48 AM
So i might of had a shot of beating you in my likkle beast then.

(If i was trying that is) :d
If you'd left as soon as I turned the key, I'd have had time to push the nova out the way, get the celica out the garage, go indoors for a poo, have a cup of tea, warm the celica up (without using aforementioned poo or tea), depart and STILL make it to yours before you.

L14MNP
20-12-09, 01:52 AM
I thought the scooby burble was caused by unequal manifold pipes?
Not at all. They're a standard 4cy layout with one HT lead disconnected. Honest they come from the total JDM factory like that and everything.

'This noise can be had on your Nova'

^Seriously, how long until some sh!t like that appears on the jewBay? :roll:

As for the unequal runners, that's why the old ones sound the business, as we know. Especially the B4? quad cam, TT Legacys. :)

Hayley
20-12-09, 01:53 AM
If you'd left as soon as I turned the key, I'd have had time to push the nova out the way, get the celica out the garage, go indoors for a poo, have a cup of tea, warm the celica up (without using aforementioned poo or tea), depart and STILL make it to yours before you.

oh, would there be someone waiting outside to pick you up in a car that wouldnt fall apart before you got to quicksilver rab then? well thats just cheating :p

burgo
20-12-09, 01:53 AM
I thought the scooby burble was caused by unequal manifold pipes?indeed it is. i found a diagram of how to plumb up boxer engines to make them sound normal.

Jack
20-12-09, 01:55 AM
oh, would there be someone waiting outside to pick you up in a car that wouldnt fall apart before you got to quicksilver rab then? well thats just cheating :p
Its ok, the fig8 thats about the explode is on the passenger side. Please remember to catch the wheel as the suspension collapses and the NSF wheel bursts through the passenger footwell into your face. I'd hate to have to order a replacement one all the way from the states :p

Hayley
20-12-09, 01:56 AM
Its ok, the fig8 thats about the explode is on the passenger side. Please remember to catch the wheel as the suspension collapses and the NSF wheel bursts through the passenger footwell into your face. I'd hate to have to order a replacement one all the way from the states :p

oh yeah sure.. dont worry bout my face or anything!! lol

Spudly
20-12-09, 02:00 AM

He wuvs you hun dont worry bout it, dont tell him i told you though so shusshhh lol

Lee
20-12-09, 02:02 AM
I really must go to bed because im seeing innuendo and euphemisms fecking everywhere!

ANd I wouldnt worry Hayles, if the aforementioned happens, the engine will probably dismount and burst through the windscreen squashing Jacks face against the B pillar :)

Jack
20-12-09, 02:23 AM
Nah the fig8 is celica; and that engine is the most solid thing in the car lol

As for the nova, i don't think that wheel bearing will last much longer. Its making a lovely grinding noise :-(

Hayley
20-12-09, 02:38 AM

As for the nova, i don't think that wheel bearing will last much longer. Its making a lovely grinding noise :-(

well just let me know if you dont want to dice with death in either of your cars and ill make sure to wave as I drive past you waiting at a bus stop :p

Lee
20-12-09, 12:41 PM

After christmas bring it over and we'll swap a hub with the loonaque's :)

blue_peg_16v
20-12-09, 08:56 PM

your other orifices will still be working you just wont be able to talk lol