PDA

View Full Version : Remote Central Locking / Leccy Windows

vaughanmc
19-12-09, 02:31 PM
Can anyone recommend a remote central locking kit for a Nova ?

Also does any other window motors etc from another Vauxhall work in a Nova as Nova ones will be hard to source now ?

Cheers, Vaughan :thumb:

AlexW
19-12-09, 03:48 PM
Nova ones arnt hard to source at all. Nowt else will fit.

Get a alarm/imobliser with remote central locking. Your be better off with Nova motors rather than aftermarket joobies but it all works.

Jack
19-12-09, 04:31 PM
Your be better off with Nova motors rather than aftermarket joobies
Why? I'd rather trust some brand new solenoids than ~20 year old Vauxhall ones. Plus the aftermarket one will no doubt be cheaper than OEM stuff - I think my spare solenoid cost me about £2 from ebay.

AlexW
19-12-09, 05:37 PM
I found nova ones better than the **** aftermarket ones. Ive never changed a vauxhall central locking motor eather.

bmw156
19-12-09, 06:36 PM
i had a set on the nova i just sold. and they are pop riveted to the doors, as well as the leccy windows. i CBA to take it all out and start drillling holes in the ends of my doors for the wires. and also the inside frame for the pop rivets/screws. so i left them on the car and had it sold :)

AlexW
19-12-09, 06:41 PM
What does that have to do with what vaughan asked?

bmw156
19-12-09, 06:49 PM
because it might make him understand more what is involved in putting in the CL and EW before he goes ahead and buys them, if he didnt know. also what about other people who are reading this. it might fill in their knowledge as well.

so FOAD