PDA

View Full Version : no sparx on xe engine

johnny_turbo
19-12-09, 12:50 AM
not getting a sparx through coil but there is volts there, everything is wired up as same as the diagram on here. tried a diff coil but thats the same i no that works as we took it of my mates car.

any help would be appreciated

john

AlexW
19-12-09, 08:28 AM
Havnt got the wires around the wrong way or somthing? Cant see what it can be if the wiring and coil are ok?!

yayoboy
19-12-09, 12:30 PM
check that you are taking the live from the ignition correctly, it can be decieving as one appears live at ignition but drops of when you crank, you need the one that stays live on crank hth

loggyboy
19-12-09, 12:40 PM
check that you are taking the live from the ignition correctly, it can be decieving as one appears live at ignition but drops of when you crank, you need the one that stays live on crank hth

As the above, must be a cranking accesory live (should black wire somewhere around the loom near the brake servo)

johnny_turbo
19-12-09, 06:12 PM
cheers can any one tell me which wire i have got to wire that black wire up to

john

yayoboy
19-12-09, 06:20 PM
if its the original xe management loom, then the black wire of it needs to go to the black wire on the nova which is live when cranking, best bet is to use a multimeter on the ignition wires to check which one retains the voltage, what nova loom is it? gte gsi?

johnny_turbo
19-12-09, 06:24 PM
the nova loom is a 1.2 carb model

yayoboy
21-12-09, 05:47 PM
then you will also have to run a cable to the fuel pump red/blue on the xe loom

johnny_turbo
21-12-09, 10:42 PM
ive already done that mate