PDA

View Full Version : attention omp roll cage owners.

brucer
18-12-09, 02:31 PM
hi guys, needing some info on a omp 6point bolt in cage, do they fit with a dash and a headling?

have enquired with yb racing and even though they advertise them for gte/gsi models they arnt sure they fit with a sunroof:tard: . they said if i removed the headlining it might fit. no help there.

omp only make one cage for the nova there isnt any chance of getting the cages mixed up.

any help is appreciated.

thanks

bruce

therealnovaboy
18-12-09, 03:25 PM
mine does. i have a mk 1 dash with no sun roof.its about an 3 quarters of an inch away from the dash on both sides. the roof bar sits snug to the roof with the head lineing in.

you could make it fit any way you want really. you could probably drop it down far enough to clear the sunroof.

turbo-boy
18-12-09, 03:31 PM
Get the grinder pal and shorten it a inch

brucer
18-12-09, 08:43 PM
Get the grinder pal and shorten it a inch

pmsl. i did that with my rear cage i got now, didnt mention to roll centre it was going in a car with a headlining.oops. think i cut inch and a half out.

thanks for the advice you 2.

deanwilko
18-12-09, 08:47 PM
hi mine is nice and tight on the roof lining and about half an inch from the dash. again none sunroof but i had an sr with half cage fitted straight in with sunroof no probs so dont see why it wouldnt

LEWI007
18-12-09, 09:00 PM
Make one out of rope like this.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/gallery/data/501/45gaznova4.jpg

brucer
18-12-09, 09:02 PM
haha. in a crash that would help pull the roof inwards.

Nick J
19-12-09, 11:34 AM
My nova has an omp 6 point cage in..... I didnt know this but according to the feature in this months total vauxhall the previous owner shortened the legs to accomodate use with the sunroof. Even with this done its sit very snug to the headlighning above the windscreen, And with use of the door bars they rub slightly on the interior door pockets and slightly on the bucket seat bolsters. You will probably get more of an idea having a look at my wip thread as Ive had it all out recently. Hope this helps.

Nick.

brucer
19-12-09, 02:34 PM
thanks nick, will have a look.