PDA

View Full Version : engine conversion

fordy0494
16-12-09, 01:09 PM
i currently have a mk2 1.4 sr rally car but feeling underpowered im looking to put a bigger lump in. does anyone know what my best bet is im looking to go to a minimum of 1.6 so will a gte engine bolt straight in? what parts will i need to buy etc? any better suggestions please tell me-im looking to get more power but with the least amount of work-ie dont want the worry of doing a big conversion like a c20 where you have to change pretty much everything..???

nova-taken
17-12-09, 05:06 PM
GTE/GSi lump, will bolt straight in mate, and as its a nova engine means minimal changes, and these lil engines can really shift a car with the right mods

fordy0494
17-12-09, 07:07 PM
so no modifications to engine mounts etc? take it id need the carb or ecu etc if im putting in a gte / gsi though? thanks for your help..

Nobby
18-12-09, 08:34 PM
use search pal

jimbob-mcgrew
18-12-09, 10:37 PM
physically the engine and box will go in with your current mounts, with a bit of luck the sr exhaust will clear the sump. if the engine comes with an f13 box, your driveshafts will switch too, not sure about the f15. youll have to wire in the ecu connections to your loom and sort out an injection petrol tank and or a fuel pump for the mpi, youll prob need the gte/gsi bottom rad hose too, or you can bodge a custom one with a piece of pipe between the hoses. errr.. theres probably a few more bits, but my brains fried at the mo so thats about as good as i can remember lol bout a 20 brake / 20 torque gain :thumb:

fordy0494
19-12-09, 05:59 PM
physically the engine and box will go in with your current mounts, with a bit of luck the sr exhaust will clear the sump. if the engine comes with an f13 box, your driveshafts will switch too, not sure about the f15. youll have to wire in the ecu connections to your loom and sort out an injection petrol tank and or a fuel pump for the mpi, youll prob need the gte/gsi bottom rad hose too, or you can bodge a custom one with a piece of pipe between the hoses. errr.. theres probably a few more bits, but my brains fried at the mo so thats about as good as i can remember lol bout a 20 brake / 20 torque gain :thumb:

cool. thanks for your help.