PDA

View Full Version : Immobilised V6 Probs

DAN-F
16-12-09, 01:08 PM
just fitted a v6 from an m reg cavalier cdx auto, into my astra van. I wired it up this morning and i cant even get a click from the fuel relay, no life at all, think it may be immobilised. does anyone know how yo tell? is there a different ecu or something?

Jack
16-12-09, 01:35 PM
Dumb question but I have to ask. Has it got the immobiliser ring plugged into the loom?

AlanH
16-12-09, 01:35 PM
whats the code on your ECU? be 2 letters on on a sticker on the face of it. easiest way is to buy a non immobilised ecu, did the wiring on my pals v6 converted mk3 astra for him and thats how we did it, they're easy to get hold of and v cheap

Jack
16-12-09, 01:38 PM
Just had a thought, the Cav V6's were non-immobilised weren't they? I'm sure one flavour of the V6 didn't have an immobiliser and thought it was the cav...

DAN-F
16-12-09, 02:38 PM
i have a non immobilsed ecu from a calibra in my nova, ive tried that still nothing, ive had a little check and i dont think it is immobilised its coded PN which is non immobilised,
the wiring is how i removed it from the cav i took it out all still plugged up only thing i un plugged were the plugs at the ecu end the battery and ign lives and theres one red plug at the end right next to the afm which is unplugged and im not sure where it goes

Ben
16-12-09, 02:53 PM
tbh probably something very simple like a missed ign wire or similar, if you are using a ecu in two cars and both are un immobilised and one works and other doesnt it is not an immobliliser issue,.

DAN-F
16-12-09, 03:06 PM
i know now its not an immobiliser issue just cant for life of me work out whats wrong,
does anyone know what the red plug near the afm is for?
and just to put my mind at ease where is the ign live? ive got it about a foot before the coil end

Jack
16-12-09, 05:35 PM
I have a feeling red plugs were knock sensors on mine. Two pin plug? Should have two of them on the loom, one for the front bank, one for the rear.

I wonder if Lee still has the board that he taped the loom to when he was sorting mine out, think he basically traced it out in pen and noted down what each item was.

DAN-F
16-12-09, 06:16 PM
I think your right theres two red two pin plugs one ont the gearbox side and the other on the opposite it connects to a wire coming out under the rear head, ill check tomorow now
my heads cooked atm its the second engine ive put in the van in as many days lol first was knackered