PDA

View Full Version : shocks fecked?

Will
25-03-03, 01:02 PM
Right briefly as i can and to try and put it into words that make sense here goes:

I run 60mm springs, the rear is stiff but the front shocks are crappy, they were designed for 30mm springs :oops: neway lately ive been riving along and on full lock a get an occasional slight knocking noise :? i think the shocks have had it, they werent really desinged for these springs and ive been driving with them this way since June!! and for a year b4 that on 30mm springs.

Time for new shocks or is it summit else as well / instead??

Cheers

rgv_stu
25-03-03, 01:10 PM
probably track rod end or balljoint imo

CHIN
25-03-03, 01:56 PM
if ur running on 60mm springs ordinary shocks wont be worth a fcuk in no time, try and see if u can get a good set of gte or gsi shocks from the scrappies, they shouldn't cost to much but make sure the seals aren't covered in oil or there probably scrap

MattyWoo
25-03-03, 04:09 PM
He just said they arent standard shocks mate. He brought them with his 30mm springs.

CP
25-03-03, 09:02 PM
knocking noise on full lock = CV joints worn?usually worse if you accelerate on full lock

Shocks make a clunk noise when you drive over holes in the road - also may see leaking fluid down the side of them?
Ball joint is general knocking. Check by jacking up and wiggling wheel in and out with hands top and bottom of tyre