PDA

View Full Version : few ?

DEE'S NOVA
25-03-03, 12:41 PM
i've noticed the my nova(girlfriend) spark plugs keep getting drowned with petrol so i need to clean them up all the time as it won't start why is this is this a probllem or is it cause it's just sitting in the drive not getting turned over?

what is the fireing order for gtes as i nedd to get the timing done as i removed the leads and did'nt take note which one goes where :oops:

when i tried to start it it would'nt till i planted my foot on the accelerater and it was good farting and no power and soon as i took me foot off it died

MattyWoo
25-03-03, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure it'll be your timing. Cos i thought it was the mixture and got that set up properly then it carried on. Had the timing sorted as well it was lik 9 degrees out or something and that sorted it all out. :)
Matt

Snowface
25-03-03, 02:37 PM
firing order is 1-3-2-4 or 1-3-4-2. darn. its in the haynes. its the same on all novas i'm pretty sure.

ade
25-03-03, 10:49 PM
if plugs are connected in wrong order and you try n turn engine the engine will flood - hence plugs getting wet with petrol. Until you get the plug order right it'll keep doing it.

Or was it doing it before hand?

Overfueling...

mikeoxford
26-03-03, 12:35 AM
firing order is 1-3-2-4 or 1-3-4-2. darn. its in the haynes. its the same on all novas i'm pretty sure.

1 litre OHV engines

have different order to any

1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.6 etc etc 8v OHC engine as the dizzys turn opposite ways!

DEE'S NOVA
26-03-03, 09:53 AM
hers is a 1.6 and ade it was doing it b4 flooding the sparks i mean