PDA

View Full Version : Standard Engine on Conversion mounts!?!

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 11:24 AM
This will probably sound very odd but circumstances have changed somewhat (long story) and I'm trying to plan what to do and how.

Is it at all possible, without costing too much or needing much work, to prepare all the Nova mounts as you would if you were fitting a big block into it but to temporarily use a small block i.e 1.2 engine?

*Awaits someone to ask 'why?'

Jon_nova1
15-12-09, 11:27 AM
Guess it depends what kit you have, you might have to do something with the rear gearbox mount, the rest should be the same?

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 11:39 AM
Well the conversion will be a LET and F28 so I am actually thinking to do everything to the car, or what's possible, then put the 1.2 in it. A couple months down the line replace the 1.2 with the LET.

AlexW
15-12-09, 12:20 PM
Be better off just using the 1.2 mounts and prepping the LET mounts and then drop it in all at once.

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 12:27 PM
I have considered that too but plan to book the car for a re-spray early new year once the plates and stitch welding has been done. I don't really fancy having to then cut and weld mounts for it to need more paint.

Shaun
15-12-09, 12:28 PM
wouldnt work iirc with the f28 as you need to weld in the new mount on the pass side. therefore the original g/box mount wouldnt fit

AlexW
15-12-09, 12:30 PM
Oh course forgot about the F28 Mount.

Best way would be to make somthing.

Plug
15-12-09, 12:48 PM
or chuck an f28 on the 1.2 lol i dont know if it would work or not

Shaun
15-12-09, 12:52 PM
Best way would be to fit the c20let and f28 at a later date when your ready.

:d

The Simps
15-12-09, 01:12 PM
The drivers side engine mount is different when going big block as it lowers he engine down but you can easilly use a std bracket instead. The rear mount you just take out the spacers and bolt it up as normal. The front gearbox mount you will need to make up a mount that works with the f28 one. (not to hard if you can weld. Wouldn't need to be too beffy as its only 1.2 power.

Very dooable mate tbh.

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 09:24 PM
I know the drivers mount isnt going to cause an issue as it stays as it is. It was more the passenger mount that I was concerned about as thats a remove and reweld jobbie for the LET & F28 combo.

Not a welder but I'm sure I could find someone to knock something up. I would then need to find a way to mate the custom exhaust system to the 1.2 manifold, something like an adaptor to fit so that too is ready to take the LET. Any gen on type of power increase for a 12ST with a 3'' system? lol