PDA

View Full Version : Pretty peed off!

Ben
15-12-09, 12:09 AM
Right well kind of following on from the dilemma thread the other day...

Travelled back to the uk through the night thursday/friday to go for a job interview on friday, went in spoke to the guy and got on very well, he said he was very pleased as i am perfect for the job and as far as he was concerned the job was mine.

So travelled back to belguim Sunday ready for work today, got a phone call today and they cannot offer me the position as there is no position avalible, i was fooking fuming as why have i wasted over £500 and drove 750miles wasting my time.

Spoke to a mate of mine who works there and he has had the boss chatting to him who is also very very peed off, a guy in there inspection dept requested a transfer 4 weeks ago for a different job, they said subject to finding a replacement he could move, so today they informed him they had hired someone so pack your desk and he has said no i dont want to move now!

Apprently according to my mate his boss is in a foul mood and feeling very guilty and is trying to do everything to get the waster to shift as he does not want me to find a different job. But this doesnt help me i am now £500+ out of pocket a week before xmas after applying for a job that wasnt even there.

****ers!

That is all!

daverobson
15-12-09, 12:14 AM
=/ sh1t

Sloth
15-12-09, 12:23 AM
there is a case for a tribunal if you can be bothered.....

wwmnw
15-12-09, 12:48 AM
Bad **** man, here have a cyber hug http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/lostboy_014/huggin-pop.gif

Stuart
15-12-09, 01:38 PM
there is a case for a tribunal if you can be bothered.....

not really no... its only been "my mate says there is a job" rather than then offering you the job then pulling it at the last second (which tbh they can do anyway)

You can ask for the to atleast meet you halfway on the expenses front, afterall its the polite thing to do and will help grease the wheels to get you back again if need be etc

MattBrown
15-12-09, 01:51 PM
I doubt you will get anything, as if you lived next to the company and walked there?

Its not there fault you wanted to travel £500 worth for an interview?

Would you also want them to pay out if you hadn't been succesful?

craig green
15-12-09, 02:08 PM
I've known people to be shown the door when retracting a resignation. (too late!)

Ben
15-12-09, 02:34 PM
not really no... its only been "my mate says there is a job" rather than then offering you the job then pulling it at the last second (which tbh they can do anyway)

No the job was advertised (can show you the advert still) and i had a proper interview after submitting my cv, just happens to be that my mate works there so get the inside line as well.

Stuart
15-12-09, 05:57 PM
No the job was advertised (can show you the advert still) and i had a proper interview after submitting my cv, just happens to be that my mate works there so get the inside line as well.

I know, but you get the idea... they arent obliged to give you a job etc blah blah.

I got paid for fuel to drive to Brum for an interview a few years back, Always worth asking, they can only say no lol