PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get cheap insurance for a NOVA SR 1.3 ?

simplesimon
25-03-03, 10:48 AM
I have a Nova SR 1.3 and I'm only 17 (18 next month (April) :cry: ) Everywhere I look for insurance, the prices are too high so I was wondering do any of you guys recommned and insurance groups I should give a ring? I really want to start driving my Nova :roll:

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help

Yours
Simon

Anton
25-03-03, 10:49 AM
Liverpool Victoria
CIS aka the co-op
Tesco

mikeoxford
25-03-03, 11:10 AM
Liverpool Victoria
CIS aka the co-op
Tesco

CIS tek the pi$$ BIG STYLE

liverpool vic is dirt cheap, THE cheapest car insurer ive found for 2 years, rang around both times.

tesco are competivie also, but not as friendly with modifications like liverpool vic.

GTE-RACER
25-03-03, 11:39 AM
lol...don't go with TESCO grrrrr, i've had loadsa probs with them...My insurance started on Jan 1st got a niiice quote off them, rang up and paid...,3 weeks later they write 2 me asking for proof of my NCB, (fair enuff) I send them the old insurance stuff. 2Weeks later i get a fone call from them telling me if i don't send them proof of my NCB my car won't b covered...grrrr...I send the stuff again but recorded post this time..,same happens, but this time i have proof that they have it. They admit 2 loooosing my paperwork twice and take my word 4 my NCB. All goes quiet for abit...Last monday i get another letter telling me that my alarm isn't good enuff, (wtf it's a Cat1 alarm/immob) they want me 2 go and get it inspected 2 prove i have the alarm fitted (which will cost me grrr)....Ive really had enuff of them now, feckin to55ers....who knows what they'll come up with next lol

dikharvey
25-03-03, 01:19 PM
doa pass plus http://www.passplus.org.uk/ and then go to swinton. I was quoted about ?950 after doing this course as a new driver on a 1.3SR. Take a look. http://www.swinton.co.uk

Snowface
25-03-03, 01:41 PM
i did the pass pleus. You get a 1/3 of your insurance staight off. (Only on your own policy).

Will
25-03-03, 06:02 PM
i did pass plus it cost me ?15 and i saved ?280 on my insurance :P

Ben (lurk75)
25-03-03, 06:09 PM
Try adrian flux i cant beat them.

simplesimon
25-03-03, 07:44 PM
Thank you everybody for all the help, I have got in touch with Liverpool Victoria and they seem reasonably cheap and I also got in touch with Swinton but they do not insure modified cars :(

Maybe Liverpool Victoria is the one I am going to choose, but please tell me more ins. companies which are cheap, I still want to shop around for the cheapest deal.

NB: I will be adding my photos of my car in the next few days as I have just recently bought it.

Thank you

Cara
25-03-03, 07:54 PM
DO NOT go with tesco its bin 4weeks sine my accident and its only just started the whole process

simplesimon
25-03-03, 07:57 PM
Thanks, I will stay well away from Tesco everyone saying it is crap, so thanks btw nice car cara ashame it is not a Nova :roll:

hutton
25-03-03, 10:46 PM
tesco are overated,CIS are quite good and apparently dont up your insurance for body modifications(dont quote me on that though) but id go 4 liverpool victoria, i know some one who was paying 1500 TPFT on a 1.2 5 door nova with alloys, hes now with liverpool victoria paying 940 fully comp and alloys didnt bump up the insurance 1 bit, and hes 17!
go for liverpool victoria mate

tetley
04-04-03, 04:01 PM
Try Adrian Flux as already mentioned or even elephant, they are excellent

wisewood
04-04-03, 04:08 PM
General Chat forum.. Novaload.net link post at the top.

BIG list of insurance companies to try mate.

Tilly saved hundreds on it

Tilly
04-04-03, 05:34 PM
Thank you everybody for all the help, I have got in touch with Liverpool Victoria and they seem reasonably cheap and I also got in touch with Swinton but they do not insure modified cars :(

Maybe Liverpool Victoria is the one I am going to choose, but please tell me more ins. companies which are cheap, I still want to shop around for the cheapest deal.

NB: I will be adding my photos of my car in the next few days as I have just recently bought it.

Thank you

There is a special bit at the top of the page that wisewood did click on insurance companies theres a MASSIVE long list try them all