PDA

View Full Version : gaz coilovers?

yayoboy
14-12-09, 08:44 PM
hi all about to buy the gha kit for my nova, the short body type. i know about the possible rear mod i might have to do with a hammer but other than that is it a bolt on jobby? im using 15" cav sri fanblades, 195/45/15 tyres. will they catch the shocks? or will i have to get adjustable top mounts? also will i have to 'turret' the rear, and how do i do it? pics? cheers, sean

AlexW
14-12-09, 08:47 PM
No need to turret anything really. Adjustable top mounts arne needed but your correct the camber slighty that way. If you go for top mounts tell gaz, as the thread needs to be extended.

yayoboy
14-12-09, 08:54 PM
thanks for reply, i dont think ill ever want to go to the depths of adjusting the camber if i dont have to and everything clears and doesnt rub..

AlexW
14-12-09, 08:56 PM
Doubt much will rub, Fanblades should be fine.

Your see increased tyre wear and poor handling if you dont correct the massive camber, as its so low.

Remember to get the tracking done too once its lowerd.

yayoboy
15-12-09, 12:50 AM
so should i get the top mounts then or would camber bolts do, i dont really fancy changing tyres all the time due 2 camber being out

AlexW
15-12-09, 01:01 AM
Camber bolts should sort it, but if its not enough your need top mounts. I reckon it will be fine though.