PDA

View Full Version : just treated myself to a jasper :)

burgo
14-12-09, 08:16 PM
that is all. cant wait for it to turn up

Richie_B
14-12-09, 09:00 PM
To a carrot? :chin

burgo
14-12-09, 09:20 PM
errrr no

Bobminda
14-12-09, 09:21 PM
To a conran ?

burgo
14-12-09, 09:23 PM
you what

Mike
XBox Elite Jasper by any chance?

Bobminda
Jasper conran ? The designer ?

Lee
14-12-09, 09:24 PM
Is 'Having a Jasper' a new euphemism i should know about?

Fester
Sweeet (http://capn-jaspers.co.uk/menu.htm)

burgo
XBox Elite Jasper by any chance?you sir ave earned some rep. damnit must spread the love

Mike
14-12-09, 09:26 PM
you sir ave earned some rep. damnit must spread the love

LOL only though that as thats what Ive got here :d

How much you get it for? You can get them for £125 + delivery if you shop around :)

Bobminda
14-12-09, 09:26 PM
you sir ave earned some rep. damnit must spread the love

Oh

By now the new Xbox 360 you buy will be built around a chipset known as “Jasper.”
Jasper 360s feature a redesigned motherboard with 65-nanometer graphics and processing chips. The cooler running, less power-hungry sum-of-parts is meant to make the infamous Red Ring of Dead a thing of the past.

Mike
14-12-09, 09:27 PM
Oh

By now the new Xbox 360 you buy will be built around a chipset known as “Jasper.”
Jasper 360s feature a redesigned motherboard with 65-nanometer graphics and processing chips. The cooler running, less power-hungry sum-of-parts is meant to make the infamous Red Ring of Dead a thing of the past.

3 year warranty on them. There 150 watt, not 175 like the older models. There also very quite compared to an older Elite model :thumb:

Bobminda
14-12-09, 09:28 PM
3 year warranty on them. There 150 watt, not 175 like the older models.

But was does that mean ?

Mine was the original xbox bought on the day of realise and that was alsogiven a extended 3year warentee due to the overheating

Lee
14-12-09, 09:30 PM
Good luck to you all you Xboxers :) I genuinely hope they have finally got it right.

burgo
14-12-09, 09:31 PM
i got it for £130 mike. missed one for £100 :( never mind

Mike
But was does that mean ?

Mine was the original xbox bought on the day of realise and that was alsogiven a extended 3year warentee due to the overheating

Dunno, ill tell you if i ever have to send either of mine back lol

Mike
i got it for £130 mike. missed one for £100 :( never mind

Not a bad price thought chap, that brand new??

burgo
14-12-09, 09:32 PM
Good luck to you all you Xboxers :) I genuinely hope they have finally got it right.judging by the extend of modifications they have done it seems to have. i read that in the 7 months the jaspers have been out they havnt had a problem with them :d

Mike
14-12-09, 09:32 PM
judging by the extend of modifications they have done it seems to have. i read that in the 7 months the jaspers have been out they havnt had a problem with them :d

Oh goody gumdrops :d

EDIT: Dont know if youve looked in google, but some american guys took a couple apart an found out that they also seem have to 512mb internal memory as oppose to 256mb

Bobminda
14-12-09, 09:33 PM
Not a bad price thought chap, that brand new??

That is good....is that a elite ? cant be surely ??

Mike
14-12-09, 09:34 PM
That is good....is that a elite ? cant be surely ??

Elite indeed. Well its true chap, I have one sitting here right next to me.

burgo
14-12-09, 09:34 PM
Not a bad price thought chap, that brand new??yep brand spanker. cant wait for it to turn up now

Lee
14-12-09, 09:35 PM
judging by the extend of modifications they have done it seems to have. i read that in the 7 months the jaspers have been out they havnt had a problem with them :d

Good. :d Does make me wonder though why its taken them so bloody long!! They always had a 'it doesn't work, but feck it, we'll carry on selling it' attitude which really fecked me off (as you can tell by me taking any oppertunity to slag it off lol) but if they are finally taking your money for a product that isn't flawed, then fair play :)

burgo
14-12-09, 09:36 PM
yes i did read about the internal memory aswell. i like how microsoft did it but didnt announce it lol

Mike
14-12-09, 09:36 PM
yep brand spanker. cant wait for it to turn up now

Top bloke :) there a good peice of kit, make sure you use the Elite power brick thou, its lower wattage then every other current XBox power brick avaliable, this is why there allegedly more reliable as the Jaspers are lower wattage :thumb: (amongst other things...)

Yeah, they done it on the sly with the memory lol never announced it to anyone.

burgo
14-12-09, 09:38 PM
yep i knows that and it comes with it :)

Package contain :
- Xbox 360 Elite HDMI (jasper) console
- Power brick and plug (power brick 150W)
- AV component Cable
- Scart adapter
- Enthernet Cable
- Orginal Box

Mike
14-12-09, 09:39 PM
yep i knows that and it comes with it :)

Package contain :
- Xbox 360 Elite HDMI (jasper) console
- Power brick and plug (power brick 150W)
- AV component Cable
- Scart adapter
- Enthernet Cable
- Orginal Box

Same package as mine. I never opted for the HD as ive got a 60 gigger here thats virtually empty lol

Lee
14-12-09, 09:40 PM
Does it still come with an HD DVD player?

burgo
14-12-09, 09:41 PM
Does it still come with an HD DVD player?yep :) and the latest disk drive is spose to be quieter the the old ones aswell

Benn
14-12-09, 09:42 PM
Sweeet (http://capn-jaspers.co.uk/menu.htm)

HALF A YARD OF HOT DOG - 3-85
Half A Yard (45.7 cms) of French Bread with Two Jumbo Pork Sausages,

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mike
14-12-09, 09:43 PM
yep :) and the latest disk drive is spose to be quieter the the old ones aswell

It is, ive compared :) My Elite is sitting above my premium, an the Elite is far quiter then the Premium, even though my premium was new last November.

Benn
14-12-09, 09:47 PM
Do you not save the game to the hdd to save the disc spinning all the time? That way there's no noise.

Lee
14-12-09, 09:48 PM
yep :) and the latest disk drive is spose to be quieter the the old ones aswell

Are the games HD DVD based?

burgo
14-12-09, 09:49 PM
Do you not save the game to the hdd to save the disc spinning all the time? That way there's no noise.im not sure if thats possible. i know forza 3 comes on two disks, one disk you have to save to the hard drive

Mike
14-12-09, 09:50 PM

Hmmm pass, this is where my techno geek knowledge runs out :(

I bought a gold plated HDMI cable via eBay for £2.95 lol works a fapping treat for a cheap POS lol

burgo
14-12-09, 09:50 PM
Are the games HD DVD based?judging by the quality of forza on me brothers HD tv compared to my normal tv i would say so

Mike
14-12-09, 09:51 PM
Do you not save the game to the hdd to save the disc spinning all the time? That way there's no noise.

You can do Benn, but its take AGES!! And even if you do, you still need to put the disc in to load/start the game.

I tried it when i had epic problems with a certain game i bought that my other console refuses to play, i though about doing just this but couldnt get it to read long enough to copy the files :(

Lee
14-12-09, 09:53 PM
The only reason I ask is if they're NOT HD DVD based games, why would they keep a drive which is now an obsolete format, and not bolt a blue-ray drive on it?

But if the games ARE in HD DVD format, that explains it :)

Mike
14-12-09, 09:54 PM
Lee, just reading the case for Halo ODST, it says:

HDTV/720P/1080i/1080p

So, high resoloution??

EDIT; If there potentially obselete format drives, that means they'll be cheap to buy up in bulk thought, so maxing the profit by using cheaper components??

There defiently not Blu Ray compatible :(

Whatever they are, for there current price there well worth the money I think. The games can be gotten cheap enough & obviously there a DVD/CD player & you can even rig them up to your computer & use them as an external HD like the original XBox's :)

Richie_B
14-12-09, 10:02 PM
To a conran ?

lol

Dar
14-12-09, 10:17 PM

The 360 HD DVD Drive was an external add on drive. The 360 internal drive is a DVD drive. Thats only to store the games on. The platform will output HD because it's rendered output and dosen't come from the disc directly.

It matters not what the game data is stored on, as long as there is enough space for it.

Stuart
14-12-09, 10:19 PM
staying with the external drive was rather shrewd... given that one format was to die, why take the real gamble and fit one or tother to the console.

Just hope they bring a BR drive out soonish :)

Ben
14-12-09, 10:54 PM
Xbox's are GAF!

PS3 FTW

burgo
15-12-09, 12:28 AM
shut up ben, no one cares for what you have to say

Ben
15-12-09, 12:35 AM
hippy

burgo
15-12-09, 12:45 AM
lmfao

Lee
15-12-09, 11:47 AM
The 360 HD DVD Drive was an external add on drive. The 360 internal drive is a DVD drive. Thats only to store the games on. The platform will output HD because it's rendered output and dosen't come from the disc directly.

It matters not what the game data is stored on, as long as there is enough space for it.
In that case Im surprised that they didn't stick BR drives in them as they can read normal DVD's with ease. Makes me wonder whether Microsoft have another console up their sleeves.

Edit. Ben +100 :)

MK999
15-12-09, 11:58 AM
I like how they announce this amazing 65nm process as revolutionary and cool running yada yada when all the new PC graphics card are 55nm at least, and 45nm is the latest 'good' tech lol

Just googled it and the latest intel i7's are on 45nm, and they're working on 32 currently expected out soon. 65nm has been around since 2006 lol

PS3 is on 45nm tech currently with the new slim model :p

edit: PS3 was on 65nm tech at it's release in 2005/2006, before intel/amd started using it apparently

L14MNP
15-12-09, 12:03 PM
Consoles have come on leaps and bounds. For dedicated gaming/movie only machines they are awesome now IMO. Think how much more a PC has to be able to do.

lol @ the 360/PS3 debate still raging on.
360 will always triumph. Better selection of games. Far superior online capabilities. Cheap as chips. Who cares about the RROD when you can pick up older Elites for as little as £30, fix them and get a good 6 months out of them if you CBA to pay new prices.
Jaspers have solved it's only vice too.

What will PS3 fan boys have to moan about now? lolEnjoy PS World and growing old awaiting GT5. lol

Ben
15-12-09, 12:09 PM
The PS3 wins just by not having the most ridiculos gay controller! graphics are better and i dont like all these war reinactment **** games, if i wanted to shoot someone i would buy a gun.

Lee
15-12-09, 12:11 PM
Better selection of games. Can't argue with that, but then that was always going to happen as more people bought an xbox because it was cheaper. Please go to point 3 :)

Far superior online capabilities. Bullsh*t. And we dont have to pay either :p

Cheap as chips. Pay peanuts, get monkeys :d

Who cares about the RROD when you can pick up older Elites for as little as £30, fix them and get a good 6 months out of them if you CBA to pay new prices. Dont worry, its normal for an xbox owner to think its great that the console can be picked up cheap because it always breaks. Bill Gates is awesome at brainwashes like that lol

Jaspers have solved it's only vice too.

As i said, for the sake of the consumer, I hope you're right.

burgo
15-12-09, 12:25 PM
ben you have to have girly faggot hands for a ps3. when i tried to play my mates for anything more than 20mins my hands ached like fook!!

i seriously cant wait for the next generation of consoles

Welsh Dan
15-12-09, 12:29 PM
My hands fail at using PS2/3 Controllers.

burgo
15-12-09, 12:31 PM
My hands fail at using PS2/3 Controllers.

in that case, you are a man

Lee
15-12-09, 12:35 PM
i seriously cant wait for the next generation of consoles

I heard a rumour they are in the middle of a new racing game where its all real time video footage. its taking them an age as every possible scenario has to be played out. Apparently some poor fooker has driven this circuit about eleventy million times lol

burgo
15-12-09, 12:44 PM
that would be crazy. i think its gonna be more focused on virtual reality. like having a camera ontop of the tv that sees your movements. for instance a game like call of duty, you would actually have to crouch, lie down etc.

L14MNP
15-12-09, 12:46 PM
The wireless PS3 controller is too light as well as being gayingly small.
Why don't they have the rumble pack built in now?

Mike
15-12-09, 12:52 PM
My hands used to hurt after playing a playstation for more then about half hour aswell.

This RROD melarky, i only ever hear it happening to poeple who spend just about every waking hour playing there box's?

L14MNP
15-12-09, 12:55 PM
I have to agree with that too. 18 hour a day COD freaks and even then it takes an age to occur.
You would probs melt the PS3 if there was enough on there to entertain the human mind for as long, and your hands didn't go into cramp. lol

Mike
15-12-09, 12:59 PM
If i had my way I'd have both consoles though, as for the XBox/360 debate, they both have plus & minus points kinda thing. But the decieding factor has got to be the price of them now i think.

L14MNP
15-12-09, 01:01 PM
If i had my way I'd have both consoles though, as for the XBox/360 debate, they both have plus & minus points kinda thing. But the decieding factor has got to be the price of them now i think.
lol @ Microsoft Vs. Microsoft

I'd agree they both have their merits but the 360 wins by a country mile for me. I was just thinking the other week how much my mates PS3 looks like a top loading video recorder. big clumsy thing.
Singstar FTW, but then so is Lips. lol

Mike
15-12-09, 01:02 PM
Doh, just realised the stupidist mistake ever lol lol

Price wise i dont think you can wrong with an XBox nowadays really, unless your an 18hour a day COD slag lol

L14MNP
15-12-09, 01:04 PM
A happy end to a thread. :)

Close it before the anti-MS brigade arrive (one of which is the only person that can close a thread lol)

Mike
15-12-09, 01:07 PM
A happy end to a thread. :)

XBox360's are superior to PS3's :p

Now its the end.

Oh. P.s, Mike for president!

L14MNP
15-12-09, 01:08 PM
President of the United Kingodom of states? :O

Mike
15-12-09, 01:10 PM
I would have said Priminister but it sounds very camp....

L14MNP
15-12-09, 01:11 PM
Minster FM also sounds gay. I hear ya. lol

We will become the USK or some sh1t of Tony get's into Europe. :(

Mike
15-12-09, 01:18 PM
Aye something like Limpbizkit lol

Anyway, im off to play my non generic, non specific, not microsoft branded games console that is no way shape or form related to any previoius consoles mentioned in this thread.

The all new........

"Sony three hundred & sixty three box!"

L14MNP
15-12-09, 01:20 PM
Limpdiksh!t :(

"If my day keeps goin' this way I just might break your fcukin' face tonight" :)

Have fun, see you in 18hrs. lol

burgo
15-12-09, 02:27 PM
i want my new one now!!! :( best turn up tomorrow

Ben
15-12-09, 02:32 PM
lol at me having girly hands, now you know that aint true mr burgo lol

Mike
15-12-09, 04:39 PM
Have fun, see you in 18hrs. lol

Just turned it off lol

Dar
15-12-09, 07:19 PM
I have all the consoles. The one that gets used the least is the 360. I play on my iPod Touch more than I use the 360. It's not a bad console it's just not as useful as the rest of them.

I best qualify that.
The PS3 is great for the BBC iPlayer, the internet and all the other little apps like VidZone as well as awesome games.
The Wii is great for parties and winding up Limpy. As well as the awesome Ninty games.
The 360 has some great games, but I prefer to get them on the PS3.
The iPod Touch is great for when your bored and your out somewhere.

Lee
15-12-09, 08:09 PM
LMFAO @ the only arguement that Liam has against a PS3 is that his big ape like hands cant handle the precision of a PS3 controller. An Xbox controller looks like John Merricks face. FACT. And it still doesn't manage to incorporate a sixaxis system, probably because most Xbox users dont have the strength in their arms to use such a system due to the amount of time they've had to hold a phone to their ear whilst on hold to the warranty help line ordering their eleventh useless machine :)

And another big LOL at the usual statement that 'oh its only people who use their machines for 18 hours who melt their consoles' ffs, get a grip. If i bought a car, and someone said 'oh they only blow up if you drive them constantly for 18 hours' I would draw the conclusion that the car was useless. Why does the xbox escape such a critisism?

But as I said before, I hope they have finally sorted it out, although I have a suspicion it will just be the biggest turd polishing operation the world has ever seen.

That is all :)

burgo
15-12-09, 09:27 PM
meh haters :P

Mazz
16-12-09, 10:30 AM
I do love my xbox, but only because its modified. And when it RROD'd it was only on for 2 minutes maximum :(