PDA

View Full Version : cashing tax in

Rich
14-12-09, 04:46 PM
Had a couple of monhts left on my nova when i broke it for parts, so went to the post office got the form, posted it off.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get anything back?

L14MNP
14-12-09, 04:47 PM
About the same as a log book IME. Anything from 1-3/4 weeks I'd say mate.

2drloon
14-12-09, 04:47 PM
was a few weeks for mine but roya mail+christmas=FAIL

MK999
14-12-09, 04:49 PM
About the same as a log book IME. Anything from 1-3/4 weeks I'd say mate.

DVLA, replace that with years lol

L14MNP
14-12-09, 04:56 PM
Probably lol. Royal Fail too :(

Local DVLA office FTW.

Rich
14-12-09, 05:04 PM
been about 4/5 weeks now i think. dvla are useless though, they have sent my logbook back twice.. trying to tell them its scrapped..

MK999
14-12-09, 05:08 PM
been about 4/5 weeks now i think. dvla are useless though, they have sent my logbook back twice.. trying to tell them its scrapped..

When I did the engine change on mine, I got a request for proof of changes, a log book with no changes on it, one that says 15,981CC, then finally a correct one. By this time I'd had the car about 5 months, and decided to reshell it, so I sent the tax change back with a sorn/tax refund, they sent my cheque back and said they'd sort it out without changing the tax (DVLA error in my favour, collect the difference between 5 months tax at 1.2 and 5 months at 1550+) and finally got my tax cheque thing through friday or saturday, all in all around 6 months to sort 2 forms lol

let_nova
14-12-09, 05:33 PM
i got my logbook in 16 days

Dave.
15-12-09, 02:37 AM
When i applied for the logbook for my nova, i had to take it to be checked out as it had a Screp Marker agaisnt it, i then had to apply for a logbook, send money in and wait for it

From the day i bought it.. it took 2 years lol
From the day i applied for a logbook, it took a week :)

Rich
29-12-09, 10:40 PM
Once again the dvla are a complete waste of time. Thanking you again for your help money grabbing ******** :)

All i got was a letter stating they were unable to process for one of the following 5 reasons.

1. Not enough tax left to issue a refund (was over 2 months, wouldnt be now though..)
2. I didnt give a reason for claiming tax back (i wanted some of my money back because i wouldnt be using the car maybe?)

Cant remember the others, but they also failed to sent the tax disc back so complete waste of time. Ive also received my logbook back twice, first time the recovery bloke took the logbook to scrap, second time i sent it off as scrap!

floydy13
30-12-09, 10:03 PM
about 1 month mate, then you got to go back to the post office to cash it in!!