PDA

View Full Version : Standard startr or not?

Damo
12-12-09, 10:19 PM
Guys do you use the standard starter on an xe or do you use another off a different engine sure ive read summat like that before also do you mount the engine on the top 2 bolt holes or the bottom 2 on the drivers mount thanks.

Steve
12-12-09, 10:20 PM
Top two bolt holes mate and never heard that one about another starter??? standards ones are fine. :thumb:

Damo
12-12-09, 10:25 PM
Top two bolt holes mate and never heard that one about another starter??? standards ones are fine. :thumb:

Yea sure ive read that the starter solenoid sticks out toomuch and you need to change it for an early 2.0seh one iirc.

Steve
12-12-09, 10:34 PM
Hmm first ive heard of it but then again I haven't got an XE ive got the SEH lol I wouldn't have thought it would really be in the way though.

Lee H
12-12-09, 10:37 PM
Yea sure ive read that the starter solenoid sticks out toomuch and you need to change it for an early 2.0seh one iirc.

You read wrong, standard starter fits fine.

Damo
12-12-09, 10:40 PM
You read wrong, standard starter fits fine.

Oh right must have sorry for wasting your time guys lol least it saved me from any more expense also is it possible to run the multi vee bottom pulley or does it require major body mods.

Steve
12-12-09, 10:44 PM
Mine was rusted on so we grinded the power steering pulley off!! But yeah it will be in the way otherwise

Damo
12-12-09, 10:51 PM
Mine was rusted on so we grinded the power steering pulley off!! But yeah it will be in the way otherwise

Reason behind the question is ive got a single vee pulley like you say with the outer vee angle ground off lol off my mate but he said somebody told him that because he had ground it off it caused his crank to spit the bigend bearings but i think the oil pick up starved the engine off oil as the oil light was flashing earlier in the night on tick over but went out when revved but he had already dont 20k plus miles without a problem.

Damo
12-12-09, 10:51 PM
P.S sorry for the essay lol.

Steve
12-12-09, 10:52 PM
I think your right lol Can't see how that pulley would cause all that damage, mines been fine for over a year

EDIT- I think you need some punctuation as I read it 3 times till it made sense! lol lol

Damo
12-12-09, 10:55 PM
I think your right lol Can't see how that pulley would cause all that damage, mines been fine for over a year

EDIT- I think you need some punctuation as I read it 3 times till it made sense! lol lol

lol i know i bloody useless when it comes to that.:tard:

Jon_nova1
13-12-09, 12:40 AM
you don't have to grind the bottom pulley, I never bothered when i first did mine, it was very close though, i later cut off half of the outer V