PDA

View Full Version : Chris astly motorsport

Dirtydog1
11-12-09, 09:17 PM
Has anyone had any problems recieving parts?:(

im still waiting for a rear gearbox spacer kit to arrive, its been weeks!
i need it to complete a job for a customer too :(

the guy ordered a v6 conversion mount kit, only the mount showed up, the guy that bought the kit says its impossible to get hold of him on the phone and when he manages it, he says that chris doesnt seem to know where the spacer kit is or when he will recieve it? its starting to piss me off now because im trying to earn a living and ive had to borrow a mount from another car to finish this corsa off. grrrr :mad:

Benn
11-12-09, 09:24 PM
I've had a long delay this time. But every time i ring i get thru and he trys to help (doesn't allways tho )

Dirtydog1
11-12-09, 09:31 PM
aparently he isnt very helpful, or sure of anything lol maybe the guy who bought the kit is a rude c*nt on the phone lol, i sent him an email now to see if he will help me out as its me in the **** now not the guy. i finished his car so he is all happy now. i just want to finish up the last conversion of the year and eat mince pies! :)

Benn
11-12-09, 09:33 PM
Its easier to ring him you'll get thru quicker. He's helpful but not much gets done (i've found this time)

novaboyopr
11-12-09, 10:10 PM
my mate used him for a few 2.0l bits and ending up waiting nearly 3 months everytime he rang him it was another excuse.

personally wouldnt use him these days, would rather pay more from places like lmf and get it when it should be.

Hobbit
11-12-09, 10:58 PM
Don't bitch too much guys or he'll set his mrs on you...

michael squeak
11-12-09, 11:02 PM
ive never had a problem :D allways next day delivery:thumb: to the man i say...

i have heard not so long back he is moving units or somethin as there was a thread on here a while ago

L33 LEG
12-12-09, 12:47 AM
Don't bitch too much guys or he'll set his mrs on you...

lol i saw that thread, i would of gone mad at her if i was him for doing that.

brainsnova
12-12-09, 02:09 AM
lol i saw that thread, i would of gone mad at her if i was him for doing that.

that was epic lol

Leeboo
12-12-09, 03:00 AM
I ordered a couple of small bits from him (almost) 2 weeks ago, haven't got them yet.

I've heard he can be slow, but if I don't recieve the bits soon, I won't be happy, as it is stopping me from getting a car back on the road.

I won't bad mouth him as I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, I just hope the parts arrive soon.

mayhem
12-12-09, 08:35 AM
me and some mates orderd from him about 18 months ago, and the package arrived within one week after payment :) so thats very good concidering international postage to the netherlands.
only 1 pack of arp rodbolts was missing, so emailed him, and he responded very fast and kind, saying that he would post it the same week.

it still needs to arrive.. emailed him a few times after that, but never got a response.

pikey1986
12-12-09, 08:51 AM
i have heard not so long back he is moving units or somethin as there was a thread on here a while ago

he's moved his business to cornwall

andy_017
12-12-09, 09:12 AM
Ive only used him a couple of times and delivery was very quick and he was very helpful!

Rich
12-12-09, 03:28 PM
Title needs to be changed to 'Not another Chris Astley Thread'

He always answers the phone never had a problem getting through, things take a while when he doesnt have them in stock ive found if he has them in stock hes usually good on delivery.

Best to phone him, im sure hes got rear mounts spacers in stock, its probably one his most popular sales!

Iain
12-12-09, 03:33 PM
The main issue is lack of communication IMO - I don't mind having a delay on deliveries but being told wouldn't hurt!

Dirtydog1
12-12-09, 05:22 PM
Title needs to be changed to 'Not another Chris Astley Thread'

He always answers the phone never had a problem getting through, things take a while when he doesnt have them in stock ive found if he has them in stock hes usually good on delivery.

Best to phone him, im sure hes got rear mounts spacers in stock, its probably one his most popular sales!

i know thats what i thought mate, they are common as muck but its taken 3 weeks now! he doesnt answer the phone to they guy who ordered it, but if you ring from a landline he answers, apparently he is full of excuses when he does finally get through. becoming a pain in the **** now!

alan b
12-12-09, 06:19 PM
waiting over a month now for a plating kit.

pie
12-12-09, 06:24 PM
im still waiting for a power cap off him :(

its been a month now like

Benn
12-12-09, 09:47 PM
Have you rung him?^

discoinferno
12-12-09, 11:22 PM
dont send emails he wont reply, just pick the phone up and dial the number i ve spent thousands with him over the years and everytime i ring he answers the phone! most parts arrive when stated as well, he works on his own though i have spoken to his wife a few times and she does get him to call you back! i would use him again no questions! the products he sells are of high quality and a decent price! the only problem ive had is on parts he does not make, he is not to blame its his suppliers!

just ring the man! if he dont answer keep trying you will get through to him!

Pistol Pete
12-12-09, 11:25 PM
I have to agree with the 2 posts above. I have never ordered any parts BUT if/when i do i will ring him and confirm what is in stock and get a rough delivery time. Email FTL. Like Bob Hoskins used to say: its good to talk!!

alan b
14-12-09, 05:27 PM
everytime i ring he answers the phone!

bull**** man, ive been trying to ring him all day today and friday. and no answer. must have rang 20 times today. the fone calls are gona end up costing a fortune for me. im forced to open a paypal dispute with him now. and last monday he said he'd fone me back asap. he never did, still hasnt.

Rich
14-12-09, 05:58 PM
hes not open sundays...

edit. its not sunday... lol

Benn
14-12-09, 06:05 PM
Well after almost 3months, my hoses have arrived and are right.

Leeboo
14-12-09, 06:44 PM
Hearing stories like that are worrying me!

I thought a 2.0 mount kit would have been something that would have been in stock and sent promptly.

Benn
14-12-09, 07:22 PM
I ordered a drivers side mount and it came with in two days.

Richie_B
14-12-09, 07:35 PM
What's the story about his missus???

Dirtydog1
14-12-09, 09:00 PM
Hearing stories like that are worrying me!

I thought a 2.0 mount kit would have been something that would have been in stock and sent promptly.

still waiting and getting ****ing fed up now! by this friday its been 1 month for a frickin rear gearbox spacer! the place is a joke. awnsers the phone my ****, ive tried and tried and tried. useless never using him again

Benn
14-12-09, 09:40 PM
That's one thing i give him, he does always pick up, once or twice got the bt not home thing tho.

alan b
14-12-09, 09:53 PM
That's one thing i give him, he does always pick up, once or twice got the bt not home thing tho.

not recently last 3 weeks he would barely answer the fione. and im being charged for international calls.

novacabrio
14-12-09, 10:18 PM
does Chris ever post on here still? I have never used him and from what I have read I never will. Not a great way to run a business

Lee
15-12-09, 11:51 AM
does Chris ever post on here still? I have never used him and from what I have read I never will. Not a great way to run a business

Not for a long time, last post was from his wife who used the excuse that he has a family, and thats why he cant keep up with orders.

Everyone at LMF must be single and live in the warehouse :d

pie
15-12-09, 12:07 PM
well i got thro to him this morning and got refunded for my power cap and induction pipe

he said he had trouble with the post ?

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 12:09 PM
There seems to be mixed feelings regarding Chris, some say good some say bad. Kinda left sitting on the fence with this one. I will need to have all my conversion parts asap when I order them but reading these comments has actually put me in quite a bit of concern.

Where else can you get all conversion mounts/spacers and stregnthening kits?

pie
15-12-09, 01:32 PM
as nova tek said is there any where else you can buy this kinda stuff from?

Stuart
15-12-09, 01:35 PM
try LMF, I do believe members get a discount too :)

pie
15-12-09, 02:16 PM
cheers stuart :)

MattBrown
15-12-09, 02:24 PM
Not for a long time, last post was from his wife who used the excuse that he has a family, and thats why he cant keep up with orders.

Running your own busines is priority, family etc come second, when my dad was doing powder coating, he basically lived in the unit, working his day job and in the unit!

If he wants to make a business work he needs to get it sorted, as Its easy to get a bad reputation, but hard to get a good one:thumb:

alan b
15-12-09, 05:05 PM
right i rang this morning an got thruogh got totaly fukcing fobbed off again so have now had to open a paypal claim to get my money back. ive just tried ringing for the last hour and no answer. i will never buy anything off him again nor will ever recommend him to anyone.

matthew172
15-12-09, 06:44 PM
so he is shat then?

turbo-boy
15-12-09, 06:48 PM
hello there i have a same problem with him, i ordered a strenghtening kit about a month ago still not here and can get him on his phoned have phoned about 40 times,also i have orderd arp con rod bolts and there the same story,his service is bad at the moment and i thought he was the one to buy parts of

Benn
15-12-09, 07:35 PM

I used Lmf yesterday, talked to Steve as ive dealt with him before and the order couldn't have gone any smoother. Total legend.

Lee
15-12-09, 07:59 PM
I used Lmf yesterday, talked to Steve as ive dealt with him before and the order couldn't have gone any smoother. Total legend.

Did you use your discount? :)

Leeboo
15-12-09, 08:39 PM
I got an e-mail about 2 days after I made an order saying 'processing'. I sent email a few days after, politely asking how long delivery should take. Got no reply.

Its two weeks since I ordered, and its still 'processing' as far as I know :wtf: .

I don't think I'd have the patience to start that whole ringing and ringing crap, so if it doesn't arrive before christmas I will have to look into a refund.

Dirtydog1
15-12-09, 08:43 PM
we tried ringing again this morning, no awnser. the guy is a jerk, he wont have a business left if he doesnt start posting parts he has sold. its a piss take, im stuck with a customers car with no rear mount. looks like im going o have to make my own.

NEVER USE CHRIS ASTLY MOTORSPORT unless you are willing to wait a year

novalovingned
15-12-09, 09:13 PM
Not a very good write up atall. Its certainly put me off using him.

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 09:16 PM
If LMF do strengthening plates, strut top plates, F28 mounts and big block mounts then it's all good. If not then I'm screwed basically.

dj_wudgey
15-12-09, 09:45 PM
i think everyone's had a problem with these they allways arrive though!!!

mowgli
15-12-09, 09:48 PM
maybe its time for png to start sourcing their own stuff direct from fabricators/manufacturers.....

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 09:54 PM
What he ^ said.

Benn, did you use the discount code? If so what is it? I tried it out today on LMF and it didn't accept.

Leeboo
15-12-09, 10:00 PM
they allways arrive though!!!

Thats all well and good but very slow service can mean problems for the customer. Dirtydog1 for example.

And I have a Nova taking up valuable space in my (quite small) garage, with a bloody engine lying on the floor too, it can't be fitted until my parts arrive.

As a result, I get guff from parents, as they also use the garage.

Also as another result, my mate still hasn't got his engine crane back, which he kindly lent to me.

See how the problems pass on to other people?

I know its 'only' been two weeks for me so far, but even thats too long IMO. And I'm not expecting the parts anytime soon after hearing other people's stories.

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 10:16 PM
Sometimes things can go wrong and even the best web sites can make a hash of things, mistakes happen, public holidays get in the way, postal strike etc.

Chris has had some great reviews with his service, parts and skills but like Leeboo said sometimes somethings can be unacceptable. I'd say a full week i.e 5 working days to be a satisfactory time limit for something to be depatched and delivered and there shouldn't be any reason, apart from the above, for it to take any longer then that once an item has been paid.

What helps problems smooth out is communications. If somehting happens and the customer is notified then problems can be resolved and the customer won't mind actually waiting a bit longer. When there is poor communication then things can go downhill fast.

I personally don't know Chris' current situation and maybe there's a perfectly good explanation as to why he is encountering problems but many people seem to be unhappy. I'm pretty sure there are many members off PNG that would need to use Chris's services in the future. Such a shame that he is having difficulty at the moment. :(

bmw156
15-12-09, 10:24 PM
maybe its time for png to start sourcing their own stuff direct from fabricators/manufacturers.....

easier said then done IMO.

i doubt very much PNG has enough money/space to be buying large bulks of engine mounts and other parts.

alan b
15-12-09, 10:40 PM
he's been telling me for four weeks that he's waiting to hear back from his supplier for his plating kit. to be fair. if a supplier to a busy business was that late with a delivery theyd be shot. i told him a need this before christmas and now looks like i wont.

by the way hh-ms stock plating kits. there 66 pounds and do next day all over england and two days delivered to ireland. im going with them now. once i get refunded from chris.

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 10:49 PM
That's only £3 more then CAM. Sounds like a plan.

Where can one buy the strut top plates? LMF doesn't list them.

[EDIT] My bad HH does them :thumb:

Lee
15-12-09, 11:04 PM
Such a shame that he is having difficulty at the moment. :(

The thing is, threads like this pop up all the time, its not like its a slow patch. Ive spoken to Chris a lot myself in the past regarding the clubs affiliation with him, and I can also vouch that he is a decent bloke, and I know for a fact he's not out to screw anyone over.

But the fact of the matter is, and I know this as I run my own business, is that you need to be on the ball 100%. We obviously dont know his personal circumstances, but at the end of the day, you either want to build a strong reputation or you don't. If you do, then you have to make sure you please most of the people most of the time, not some of the people some of the time.

Lee
15-12-09, 11:08 PM
Oh, and RE Mowgli's post, I would absolutely LOVE the PNG to become like the MG owners club, and actually run a Nova spares shop full time, but as things stand compared to that lot, we dont have anywhere near the following, and we definately dont have enough Beards! Even our mascot beard has recently fallen out and been auctioned off!

Once the beard has grown back, and we have well in excess of 1000 active members, then we might be in a position to start meddling in stuff like that :)

bmw156
15-12-09, 11:11 PM
how many active members do we have atm lee?

EDIT: Threads: 130,118, Posts: 1,378,785, Members: 57,618, Active Members: 3,405

Hobbit
15-12-09, 11:12 PM
Benn, did you use the discount code? If so what is it? I tried it out today on LMF and it didn't accept.

pm'd

Lee
15-12-09, 11:15 PM
What he ^ said.

DId you register on their site, as it wont accept if you dont.

Hobbit
15-12-09, 11:17 PM
DId you register on their site, as it wont accept if you dont.

the code is wrong on the discount page, i did put a thread up about it in club chat :)

Nova_Tek
15-12-09, 11:17 PM
The thing is, threads like this pop up all the time, its not like its a slow patch. Ive spoken to Chris a lot myself in the past regarding the clubs affiliation with him, and I can also vouch that he is a decent bloke, and I know for a fact he's not out to screw anyone over.

But the fact of the matter is, and I know this as I run my own business, is that you need to be on the ball 100%. We obviously dont know his personal circumstances, but at the end of the day, you either want to build a strong reputation or you don't. If you do, then you have to make sure you please most of the people most of the time, not some of the people some of the time.

Never knew this was a more of a re-occuring issue with CAM as I have come acorss this sort of thread regarding his business only recently. But I totally agree mate, you need to be satisfying customers all the time. I personally couldn't live with myself if I was constantly letting people down especially if I was lucky enough to be affiliated with such a site with a good potential of customers, but that's just he way I am.

It is a shame like I said as I now, like a few other emember on here, have to go hunt for conversion parts from a couple different sites rather then getting everything I need from one place and contributing to a small business.

Lee
15-12-09, 11:34 PM
the code is wrong on the discount page, i did put a thread up about it in club chat :)

PM me with stuff like that, i can easily miss a thread :)

In fact, can you PM me the correct code LOL!

Hobbit
15-12-09, 11:37 PM
PM me with stuff like that, i can easily miss a thread :)

In fact, can you PM me the correct code LOL!

Done :thumb:

Lee
15-12-09, 11:40 PM
Discounts page edited :)

Angus Closier
16-12-09, 12:50 AM
It took me about 4-5 months to get my 2l conversion mounts and drive shafts from him and every time I got the same answer, he told me it would be with me by then end of the week. I don't like getting lied to, I'm not saying he was bulling me all the time just he could have said it wasnt going to be at the end of the week. I know if you try and please everyone you will please no one but he kind of lets his business down. He could do very well for himself. I think its too much for him to do on his own but too little to justify another person.
Because of my experiences I wont be using him again due to the fact I dont have the time he expects me to wait. There are other larger companies that will get me what I want when I want it.

Dirtydog1
16-12-09, 11:03 AM
It took me about 4-5 months to get my 2l conversion mounts and drive shafts from him and every time I got the same answer, he told me it would be with me by then end of the week. I don't like getting lied to, I'm not saying he was bulling me all the time just he could have said it wasnt going to be at the end of the week. I know if you try and please everyone you will please no one but he kind of lets his business down. He could do very well for himself. I think its too much for him to do on his own but too little to justify another person.
Because of my experiences I wont be using him again due to the fact I dont have the time he expects me to wait. There are other larger companies that will get me what I want when I want it.

well coming up for 3 weeks now, may be a month haha, for a simple rear spacer plate kit, still not answering the phone, ive emailed, left answer phone messages etc etc. i think the guy that ordered the kit is going to try and get some money back as we recieved the v6 mount but not the rest of the bits.

we had to ring the guy everyday to get the v6 mount delivered he never sounded very sure on the phone. i think he actually ignores our calls now as he must recognise the numbers.

well at this rate he will be out of business, a shame but when you are self employed you have to put the hours in! he should employ a young lad to do the packing or something????? maybe speed things up? wouldnt cost him much either.

Dirtydog1
16-12-09, 11:08 AM
suprise suprise just rang AGAIN......it rang three times then straight to answer phone. my blood is boiling now :@

Mazz
16-12-09, 11:09 AM
Its a real shame threads like this keep appearing on here, as imo, if he sorted this problem out, he would get a lot a business from people doing engine conversions...

Nova_Tek
16-12-09, 11:10 AM
If I was running this business and I realised, which he should have done by now, that my business isn't running efficiently I would get one person to help me out. Like you said someone to pack and send the items or someone to chase up suppliers and email customers with order updates. He seems to have his family involved when he isn' around so they take messages etc but in my eyes he needs one extra person to man the phones/emails during working hours who can answer questions.

Dirtydog1
16-12-09, 11:12 AM
thats true mate, but at the mo we are paying him for parts that dont exist! may as well swallow your money and **** it out down the toilet.

ive got a customer waiting for his car, im self employed too so its giving me a bad name. im forced to make my own mounts now which will take up valueable time....time i dont have this close to xmas.

Nova_Tek
16-12-09, 11:18 AM
Understandable mate, there's always a knock on effect when these sorta things happen. Like I said before it's difficult to keep everyone satisfied but that's just how it is when running a business. I could never be fully pleased with myself if I kept people waiting. I don't like keeping people waiting even when doing them a favour lol

Angus Closier
16-12-09, 12:57 PM
I'm fairly sure when I rang (one of the hundreds of times) that he had someone on the phones...however I might be wrong/could be a mate of his. I think the reason he is not getting help is he can justify it, however he needs it. It came up in the last thread on png about him. TBH its his business and we cant run it but by the looks of things he has lost a few customers like me for instance. I was going to get all the bits I would need from him but after my first experience its certainly going to be my last.
BTW I'm not slagging him off just in case someone jumps down my throat I'm just explaining what happened to me!

Nova_Tek
16-12-09, 01:07 PM
I don't think anyone is 'slagging' him of tbh as I know for sure that there are people who have had massive help/advise and good service from him.

Angus Closier
16-12-09, 01:20 PM
Yeah I know but just wanted to cover my own Ass just in case someone has a go at me! He helped me allot before I brought anything but as soon as money changed hands he was not bothered had no time for me!

Bainy_Boy_Sri
16-12-09, 01:25 PM
a got parts took weeks and weeks wouldnt use him again

mayhem
16-12-09, 02:58 PM
i hope he gets this sorted. he has an international reputation for his parts (his name is mentioned a lot here in holland), but he also has the same 'delivery reputation' as in the UK...

Ben
16-12-09, 03:11 PM
link to wife attacking customer thread please.

Hobbit
16-12-09, 03:12 PM
had a look a few days back but i think it got deleted :(

RickW
16-12-09, 03:13 PM
he is a good lad....he was only round th ecorner from me and i made frequent visits. always helpful even when i bought things.

He has recently relocated down south so im sure the upheaval would of played havoc on postage and orders etc. He will always honour the purchase or give a refund so id say stick with him. Once he is back up and running it will run smoother im sure.

Hobbit
16-12-09, 03:17 PM
^ But if he let customers know that there wouldnt be a problem

Nova_Tek
16-12-09, 03:18 PM

WTF did I miss?

mayhem
16-12-09, 03:20 PM
iirc it was in the seller feedback section

Hobbit
16-12-09, 03:25 PM
Oh yes, i've been looking in traders...

RickW
16-12-09, 03:27 PM
Yea communication is a problem but that’s what you get when you don’t hire someone to help you out!

The only delay I got was for my Ashley exhaust and to be honest that was because of the supplier being slow and not Chris.

Oh and if anyone needs engine mounts for an XE I have brand new sets for sale powder coated black….and I post straight away haha

alan b
16-12-09, 05:54 PM
chris got on to me today and gave me a refund. said that he hadnt heard back from suppliers.

L14MNP
16-12-09, 05:57 PM
His missus seems fit.
http://www.strangeasianews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/money-bath-picture.jpg

mayhem
16-12-09, 06:26 PM
if that's the case ^^ i wouldnt post either (A)

Angus Closier
16-12-09, 08:20 PM
Im sorry but when I first used him he was in no way shape or form 'moving' he was just slow end of story....I have no need to be a loyal customer as I can get what I want when I want other places and he will lose business from this all. he really needs to sort it out.

Angus Closier
16-12-09, 08:23 PM
The only delay I got was for my Ashley exhaust and to be honest that was because of the supplier being slow and not Chris.

Yeah I'm sure it is the supplier being slow, but you cant run a business like that! Im not bothered about the supplier. I got a email telling me it would be there in a week and it was not there. AT then end of the day he is selling things he has not got, it does not work if your supplier is sh*T

turbo-boy
16-12-09, 09:28 PM
i got throught to him today ,now he says i wont get my stuff until next year maybe

Nova_Tek
16-12-09, 09:32 PM
I have no need to be a loyal customer as I can get what I want when I want other places

Dude any info would be great. I'M trying to source parts for the conversion so far found a couple bits at HH and a couple more at LMF but there are a few bits missing :(

Angus Closier
16-12-09, 10:39 PM
What do you need fella and I find out where I got it.

Nova_Tek
16-12-09, 10:49 PM
Will let you know asap mate, having net issues at the mo. Will PM you with some details :thumb:

L14MNP
16-12-09, 10:53 PM
if that's the case ^^ i wouldnt post either (A)
Too right man. lol
bit harsh her bathing in all your monies though. :(

Lee H
16-12-09, 11:23 PM
I have spent a lot of money on parts from Chris and have never had a problem, stuff always been here within two days with no chasing up needed. I must just be lucky for once!

Sloth
16-12-09, 11:29 PM
ive had good service from him on 3 occasions, but that was 1-2 years ago. btw, there used to be an ad in tv from a company in sheffield that did conversion kits for 300. i rang and asked about quality, steel, etc and was told, " we supply chris astley, and we never have a bust shaft or owt" if i find the ad ill post the number. they did all the plating kits etc aswell.
oh and reco prop will make you a shaft to your design for £100. if you bulk order the price goes down. gte 22 spline group buy?

Nova_Tek
16-12-09, 11:35 PM
Sloth, find that ad asap!

Sloth
16-12-09, 11:44 PM
Sloth, find that ad asap!

here you go:

01142 561459

:thumb:

Nova_Tek
16-12-09, 11:49 PM
Cheers Sloth, what's the name of the company?

Sloth
16-12-09, 11:55 PM
the ad reads:

nova and corsa conversion kits

corsa kit £350
nova kit £300

our kits are the strongest available

kit includes continual width shafts, motorsport hubs, engine mounts, gearbox spacer, roll bar blocks and all fixings.
also plating kits.

no name given im afraid.

bmw156
16-12-09, 11:56 PM
there are people atm selling kits on ebay for about 300 ill link ya

2 second search

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-NOVA-2-0-ENGINE-CONVERSION-MOUNT-KIT-C20XE-LET_W0QQitemZ360210883054QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53de3de1ee

Nova_Tek
17-12-09, 12:05 AM
Cheers lads will have a look see when my net connection feels better. Not really after the hubs and shafts tbh but maybe giving them a ring may rove useful. :thumb:

Ben
17-12-09, 11:40 AM
oh and reco prop will make you a shaft to your design for £100. if you bulk order the price goes down. gte 22 spline group buy?

Well know surely you would be better off just having it machined to standard bigblock inner fitment and nova outer fitment if it was that easy so then can just run standard cv's both sides.

Dirtydog1
17-12-09, 04:43 PM
Yea communication is a problem but that’s what you get when you don’t hire someone to help you out!

Oh and if anyone needs engine mounts for an XE I have brand new sets for sale powder coated black….and I post straight away haha

how much for just the rear 3 hole spacer plate mate? il send astly the invoice after ive paid you. fed up waiting for that slow mo-fo

RickW
17-12-09, 04:46 PM
how much for just the rear 3 hole spacer plate mate? il send astly the invoice after ive paid you. fed up waiting for that slow mo-fo

You want the 3 plates and the spacer tube for the gearbox? £15 posted

Dirtydog1
17-12-09, 04:58 PM

sweet, i shall take them off your hands! pm me with your email and i shall paypal you some cash money :thumb:

Dirtydog1
10-01-10, 12:25 AM

do you have this mount for sale still????? you never replied.:(

still waiting for chris 'no parts' astly could be an eternity! :mad:

John
10-01-10, 08:47 AM
Well know surely you would be better off just having it machined to standard bigblock inner fitment and nova outer fitment if it was that easy so then can just run standard cv's both sides.

Exactly, why not have some shafts "made" that take xe inners and standard outers?

Jon_nova1
10-01-10, 09:12 AM
I've got the engine mount and rear gearbox mount to fit an xe along with extended bolts.

novarally
10-01-10, 09:20 AM
I have front and rear engine mounts for the XE conversion.

Please e-mail;

colinesmith@aol.com

Dirtydog1
10-01-10, 10:54 AM
i only need the rear spacer as i had to lend it to a customers car i was building.the v6 mount arrived but not the rest of the kit. astly is a joke.
im just looking to replace the spacer plate i had so i can build my v6 nova. :(

mayhem
10-01-10, 01:25 PM
Exactly, why not have some shafts "made" that take xe inners and standard outers?

the dutch mtech used to have them, the snapped all the time, it got so bad he stopped making them. nova outer, XE inner, sleeved together.

Benn
10-01-10, 03:33 PM
What John means is get some machined in a one piece.

I ran custom made shafts for about 4 years. Xe inner with a nova outer. All machined.

mayhem
10-01-10, 03:50 PM
machined shafts arent available here :( i'm running german 1piece shaft and have a astley shaft as a spare.

found it :d

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124272

Leeboo
14-01-10, 01:02 PM
Anyone got their parts yet? My order from 1st December 09 is still 'processing'. :mad: Getting seriously ****ed off.

Tried ringing there but no answer, my Nova is still taking up valuable space in the garage as a result.

mowgli
14-01-10, 04:57 PM
PEOPLE Buy the stuff elsewhere if you aren't getting the service. that's what happens in the rest of the world.

Iain
14-01-10, 05:08 PM
My story is the same as everybody else. 5-6 weeks without a single email or phonecall to tell me where the parts were. Got through twice and was happy he was making progress, until I tried ringing to cancel where I couldn't get through for a whole week.

Ended up starting a Paypal dispute where he responded in less than a day and refunded me the money. I suggest you do the same if you can.

turbo-boy
14-01-10, 05:51 PM
i ordered my strenghting kit on the 1st november 2009 and still not got it and its a complete joke i will never buy of him again ever.

mowgli
14-01-10, 06:33 PM
i ordered my strenghting kit on the 1st november 2009 and still not got it and its a complete joke i will never buy of him again ever.

get a refund & then get it off Harry Hockley or similar.

he will get the message quite soon

Andy
14-01-10, 08:32 PM
I was waiting on the outcome of these outstanding orders as i need to order conversion parts etc.
But i'll take my custom elsewhere

Leeboo
15-01-10, 04:21 PM
PEOPLE Buy the stuff elsewhere if you aren't getting the service. that's what happens in the rest of the world.

I need my money back if I'm not going to get the parts. Looks like I will have to do the same as iainel.

I always thought Chris Astley Motorsport was one of the top places for this stuff, I thought wrong - its a disaster

Dirtydog1
19-01-10, 09:01 PM
still no reply, never awnsers the phone, still waiting to get hold of him for a re-fund.
like i said, id not use him again for sure. il be going elsewhere. shame realy.

Edd
19-01-10, 09:02 PM
Really surprised this bloke has a buisness tbh,

LOADS of bad feedback.

Sloth
19-01-10, 11:20 PM
i did hear from a mate that he'd stopped taking orders, and had shut?????

The Simps
19-01-10, 11:55 PM
he's still trading. its my understanding he's had to source another supplier to cut the spacers.

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 09:31 AM
Good morning all,

Don't really know were to start with the pages of comments on here, some are justified and some are the usual suspects jumping on the band wagon being keyboard warriors picking fault with everything.

To set the record straight i do not fob people off, tell them something to get them off the phone or any other variation implying i bull **** people, im always straight but as some people have mentioned i am indded the middle man between you the customer and my suppliers for a lot of the instances on here, I make very few parts myself, and what i do make i rely on components from supplier to assemble various products.

Lately has seen several problems in the supply of some of my biggest selling products which i will outline the problems with those i know about and its that part of your order then you know what the delay is. Anything else then please drop me a message.

1, Rear mount spacer kits, i have been waiting on the plates from my previous supplier back in lancashire since around the time of my move back in november, i have been given so many broken promises i have commisioned a new local company to the work which will be completed and back from powder coating next tuesday.

2, Nova chassis plating kits, they come from same company as above problem, these are being redrawn as we speak and should follow within a week of the above.

3, Powercaps- I buy these direct from a manufacturer in germany and havent been getting a reply to emails lately, I have given a sample to a Uk based casting company for a price on tooling/products and will update people as/when i have an update.

4, Motorsport driveshafts - These used to be bought from a supplier in sheffield but he became increasingly difficult to deal with very slow turn around times on order, increase in prices and requesting larger batches each time to be making him unfeesable and unreliable. I have commisioned a new company to supplier driveshafts to me, who have completed drawings, machined the shafts(just) and now sent them to be heat treated. The new shafts are of a far superior spec to the old shafts and are coinsidentially using the same design/materials/maching/hardening spec as Cav touring cars and Maclaren F2.

5, Nova tie rod brackets, I have been waiting from a machine shop for the small turn component which holds the bearing within the bracket, these have been on order since mid october and i wont be using them again, i have a delivery due later this week and will be welding them up over the weekend and dispatching to anyone with an outstanding order.

This is not many products im having problems with but it does effect a large amount of orders which i apologise for.

Next, some people complain of getting no answer on the phone which i apologise for if this affected you. I work alone which some are aware of and sourting new suppliers for all the above parts and general running of the business does mean i have been travelling about a lot being unable to answer a phone when im not there.

Approx 2 weeks ago i installed a live chat module on my website, if anybody has any problems please feel free to use this, if it says offline you can still use this to leave me a message.

Also any emails sent between the January the 3rd and the 10th may not have got to me, the raid network on my websites hosts server went down causing a loss of website and emails which took us 5 days to sort out but had been intermittent since about christmas as the server kept crashing. We are now on a faster more stable server so back to normal again.

I do value my business and although it may not appear so in this thread i have a very large number of returning customers and the company is continuing to grow steadily through the recession.

If you have a problem please click on the below chat button to help resolve any problems,

http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.com/livezilla/image.php?id=03 (http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.com/livezilla/livezilla.php)
Click Image to Start Chat

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 09:51 AM
i did hear from a mate that he'd stopped taking orders, and had shut?????

Far from it mate, If you could please advise all we are here to stay:thumb:

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 09:52 AM
he's still trading. its my understanding he's had to source another supplier to cut the spacers.

Indeed mate, tried calling you this morning! Progress on your nove looks good:cool:

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 09:54 AM
i only need the rear spacer as i had to lend it to a customers car i was building.the v6 mount arrived but not the rest of the kit. astly is a joke.
im just looking to replace the spacer plate i had so i can build my v6 nova. :(

Will be with you middle of next week:thumb:

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 09:56 AM
What John means is get some machined in a one piece.

I ran custom made shafts for about 4 years. Xe inner with a nova outer. All machined.

It simply doesnt work no matter how you manufacture the shaft, the smallest part of the shaft would be the weakest point i.e. the circlip groove on the smaller outer cv, a properly designed shaft should have the whole length of the shaft machined to a smaller diameter than the size of the circlip groove allowing the shaft to act like spring and absorb shock and prevent breakages

Stuart
20-01-10, 10:05 AM
best give Lee a shout for your trader status ;)

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 10:05 AM
Anyone got their parts yet? My order from 1st December 09 is still 'processing'. :mad: Getting seriously ****ed off.

Tried ringing there but no answer, my Nova is still taking up valuable space in the garage as a result.

You have email:)

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 10:08 AM
get a refund & then get it off Harry Hockley or similar.

he will get the message quite soon

What message is that?:confused:

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 10:11 AM
ive had good service from him on 3 occasions, but that was 1-2 years ago. btw, there used to be an ad in tv from a company in sheffield that did conversion kits for 300. i rang and asked about quality, steel, etc and was told, " we supply chris astley, and we never have a bust shaft or owt" if i find the ad ill post the number. they did all the plating kits etc aswell.

This is who used to make my shafts, No longer use him as he wasnt reliable and doesn't do mounts any more, have had a few breakages of his shafts also because of the inadequate machining.

The Simps
20-01-10, 10:15 AM
Glad you replied here Chris, out and about at the mo so will give you a bell later mate.

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 10:16 AM
I have spent a lot of money on parts from Chris and have never had a problem, stuff always been here within two days with no chasing up needed. I must just be lucky for once!

Your not lucky mate, just not one of the unfortunate few suffering from my temporary supply problem. If people really think im so bad how have i managed to supply goods for 8428 invoices as of this morning in 4 years with only a handfull of problems.

mowgli
20-01-10, 10:21 AM
What message is that?:confused:

chris, i have been in and associated with the parts trade for the last 20 odd years....I have worked for little companies & multi nationals, and quite simply, supplying the goods is the best thing, and if you are having trouble with supply, communicating with the customer is the next best thing.

people have been having loads of communication trouble from you. in the current economic climate, being busy is brilliant, but i think that you could take on a trainee/apprentice for a surprisingly small outlay, and then it frees up your time a bit to sort out suppliers. even flying to the german supplier on ryanair for the day could be an option.

getting sales is very important, but not losing them is just as important

i am not trying to call you names, i have never met you, but I know just how hard being a sole trader really is. you can get too busy to do so many things to the standard that you want to & that gets frustrating for all

mike

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 10:30 AM
Cheers Mike, To be honest my time has been redirected to sourcing new suppliers recently but now most is sorted i really dont need help just to cover the occasional times i pop out.

Chris

Stuart
20-01-10, 10:55 AM
given the hooooj unemployment in kernow, you could get someone in for less than Nike pay the kids in the far east lol

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 11:21 AM
BUt its finding someone thats half decent or all i have is a human answering machine.

Sloth
20-01-10, 12:16 PM
chris, if you contact your local jobcentre they will be more than happy to help, and wioll match candidates so you dont get a mong. also the govt help fund apprenticeships. again ask the jobcentre. ;)

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 05:32 PM
Glad to hear from you Chris, it seems to be that suppliers are the ones letting you/us down, as mentioned by some of the members that know you that bit better.

Because the time to start and finish my conversion is tight and rather limited then for me any delay in getting parts would mean the conversion would be put on hold hence my concern.

I have always planned to grab all the parts from you as everything I need is available from one place.

If I order parts like LET mounts, spacers and F28 mounts, what would be the timeframe of the parts arriving to me?

Sloth
20-01-10, 05:39 PM
chris, ive read this and other threads and tbh got confused. can you still get big block inner nova outer conversion shafts? if so price via pm mate, ta.

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 05:44 PM
Glad to hear from you Chris, it seems to be that suppliers are the ones letting you/us down, as mentioned by some of the members that know you that bit better.

Because the time to start and finish my conversion is tight and rather limited then for me any delay in getting parts would mean the conversion would be put on hold hence my concern.

I have always planned to grab all the parts from you as everything I need is available from one place.

If I order parts like LET mounts, spacers and F28 mounts, what would be the timeframe of the parts arriving to me?

Hi mate, I have loads of block mounts, f28 mounts in stock, rear spacers will be with me early next week, so i can supply everything you need by thursday/friday with you next week.:thumb:

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 05:46 PM
chris, ive read this and other threads and tbh got confused. can you still get big block inner nova outer conversion shafts? if so price via pm mate, ta.

I have never done a shaft that uses the original nova outer and big block inner, only what we call the motorsport shaft which uses big block inner and outer cv joints. By its nature a tapered shaft is only going to break as the hole shaft is thicker than the circlip groove on the small outer cv joint and will create a weak point for the shaft to shear off like a carrot.

Nova_Tek
20-01-10, 05:48 PM
Hi mate, I have loads of block mounts, f28 mounts in stock, rear spacers will be with me early next week, so i can supply everything you need by thursday/friday with you next week.:thumb:

Ok mate, nice to hear that. I will get back to you soon as I know what's gonna be done. :thumb:

Mike
20-01-10, 05:55 PM
BUt its finding someone thats half decent or all i have is a human answering machine.

You also need some one who is car literate.

No good trying to explian to some 17 year old noob that your after "that metal plate you weld in for an F28 box" they wont have a clue lol lol lol

mayhem
20-01-10, 06:02 PM
I have never done a shaft that uses the original nova outer and big block inner, only what we call the motorsport shaft which uses big block inner and outer cv joints. By its nature a tapered shaft is only going to break as the hole shaft is thicker than the circlip groove on the small outer cv joint and will create a weak point for the shaft to shear off like a carrot.

Mtech.nl had those shafts a few years ago.. the snapped all the time, it got so bad he stopped making/selling them.

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 06:02 PM
You also need some one who is car literate.

No good trying to explian to some 17 year old noob that your after "that metal plate you weld in for an F28 box" they wont have a clue lol lol lol
Exactly my thoughts. There a waste of space most the time. :roll:

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 06:03 PM
Mtech.nl had those shafts a few years ago.. the snapped all the time, it got so bad he stopped making/selling them.

I know mate, thats why i wont even entertain the idea. If your going to spend good money on shafts you might aswell do it right.

mayhem
20-01-10, 06:05 PM
true. mtech.nl only has welded shafts, that's why you get loads of dutch guy's ordering youre shafts lol we dont have any 1piece shafts overhere.

Sloth
20-01-10, 06:15 PM
ah i see.
/goes off to your website.

btw will you post to australia? :D

Leeboo
20-01-10, 06:53 PM
You have email:)

Got your e-mail, appreciated. At least we know you are on the case now.

Benn
20-01-10, 06:56 PM
It simply doesnt work no matter how you manufacture the shaft, the smallest part of the shaft would be the weakest point i.e. the circlip groove on the smaller outer cv, a properly designed shaft should have the whole length of the shaft machined to a smaller diameter than the size of the circlip groove allowing the shaft to act like spring and absorb shock and prevent breakages

haha that's just where both broke, on the circlip grove.

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 10:22 PM
ah i see.
/goes off to your website.

btw will you post to australia? :D

Will post anywere mate, cant get costly if large/heavy though.

Chris Astley
20-01-10, 10:24 PM
true. mtech.nl only has welded shafts, that's why you get loads of dutch guy's ordering youre shafts lol we dont have any 1piece shafts overhere.

I send a lot of stuff to the netherlands and germany.

Dirtydog1
23-01-10, 06:12 PM
cheers for the reply, now we know, after nearly 2 months of waiting why the rear spacer hasn't arrived.

just a shame i ****ing made one now!!!!!!!!

vx kev
03-02-10, 02:20 PM
A mate of mines ordered a V6 Corsa mount last Monday 25th Jan, paid for with credit card online. Not received it yet and starting to panic now as we have the car booked in for Monday 8th Feb to do the Conversion. He has tried phoning etc. but gets no answer :confused:

MattBrown
03-02-10, 02:29 PM
A mate of mines ordered a V6 Corsa mount last Monday 25th Jan, paid for with credit card online. Not received it yet and starting to panic now as we have the car booked in for Monday 8th Feb to do the Conversion. He has tried phoning etc. but gets no answer :confused:

If I was you I would unbook, and get onto hockley or lmf vauxhall!

Or, Speak to Stupot, as he does something to do with conversions:thumb:

nova 2L 16V
03-02-10, 02:35 PM
my mate is still waiting for engine mounts for his astra gte from him and its been 2 1/2 months hes never going to deal with him again. I personaly have had no problem but not going to risk it when ordering any other parts.

The Simps
03-02-10, 03:21 PM

If your mate was in such a hurry for it why did he book it online rather than phone up to confirm it was in stock and expected delivery time??

Sloth
03-02-10, 04:12 PM
no offence but v6 corsa mounts are a bit of box section and a flat bit of metal, they arnt hard to make.

blue_peg_16v
03-02-10, 04:31 PM
so are xe ones whats your point sloth some people cant weld

thats like saying an exhaust is just a few lumps of tube welded together numpty

Dirtydog1
03-02-10, 05:38 PM
no offence but v6 corsa mounts are a bit of box section and a flat bit of metal, they arnt hard to make.

its the time it takes u pillok. its not a project car, i was building a customers car. i dont have time to spend cutting and welding things together, thats why i quote a mount kit into the price of the job.

i am a proficient welder and in the end i made the mounts i needed and i shall be doing that from now on. seen as i have waited over 2 months for the 'long promised' parts to arrive.

he even wrote on here the other day id seem them soon.....have i f***!!!

vx kev
03-02-10, 07:57 PM
If your mate was in such a hurry for it why did he book it online rather than phone up to confirm it was in stock and expected delivery time??

Hes no the brightest, thought 2 weeks should be more than enough time to get one.
Didnt mean to sound as if im having a go, Not the case at all! Just thought with putting this on here Chris might see it and jog his memory or something.
Although as said he has tried phoning but cant get an answer.

Also we could make a mount but as DirtyDog says its the time involved especially when youve got work spewing out the doors! Mucho time saving needed.....

Dirtydog1
05-02-10, 09:36 PM
i expect vx kev's mate would have ordered it via phone if the bloke answered the dam thing!!!!

word down here is that he has gone bust so no chance of getting bits now.
shame really he had a good thing going until all this.

Jack
05-02-10, 09:38 PM
See sticky in this very forum