PDA

View Full Version : ser turbo

torquey
11-12-09, 07:38 PM
Got a 2ltr ser lump with 105000 miles on it, want to know would it takr a t3 turbo running low boost. i know its a high compression engine so could get a decompression plate, some redtop injectors knock up a oil feed and return. how long would you rekon it would last?:thumb:

craig green
11-12-09, 07:42 PM
Longer if you did it to an NE 2.0 variant.

However, any bodged turbo engine (with knocked up parts & happy go lucky fuelling) will only last as long as you have some mechanical sympathy. 20 minutes of WOT chasing Imprezas in the fast lane will melt it.

comptoncj
11-12-09, 07:43 PM
Got a 2ltr ser lump with 105000 miles on it, want to know would it takr a t3 turbo running low boost. i know its a high compression engine so could get a decompression plate, some redtop injectors knock up a oil feed and return. how long would you rekon it would last?:thumb:

If you did it properly it would be reliable and would hold together but if your going to just bold a turbo onto a high ish milage engine without giving it new shells i dont think it would take it as i would imagine there will be a fair ammount of wear on 105k big ends. theres turbo kits and decompression plates available though. :)

torquey
11-12-09, 08:02 PM
yeh i know what your saying.think i will look out for an ne engine and rebuild it.cheers

Mike
12-12-09, 09:24 AM
I wouldnt use a T3 if it were me, there fapping huge in comparision to say a KKK from a LET. And would be massivly oversize for an 8v 2.0, an theres also space issues, or lack of.

The oil feed & return for 8v Turbos can be salvaged from a couple of Fords.

On my 1600T I used:

Oil feed: RST part, dunno what its called but it comes off the oil pump an the oil pressure switch screw into it, it fits GM oil pumps perfectly, an the GM oil pressure switch will fit it perfectly. Then I used a stainless steel braided Cosworth oil pipe which fits a T25 & also the fits the little RST adapter thing.

Oil Return: I used Sierra Saph Cos gear. The cast steel down pipe from the Cosworth charger, complete with the Ford silicone elbow, the down pipe mates upto a T2/25 then you just braze a inlet pipe into your sump, fit silicone hose between the pair of them an hey presto.

Sloth
12-12-09, 10:42 AM
t3 is actually a nice turbo to run on a 2.0 8v, dependant on spec and what your fueling it with. if you use the right bits youll be fine, a mate of mine has:

c20ne, with machined xe pistons, machined head = biggger cc,
t3/4 hybrid, off a sierra cossie,
tubular 1 off mani,
megasquirt
3 inch exhaust
apiro adjustable fpr, and saab red injectors.
massive 200sx drift car intercooler.
that spec should return 350-400bhp.

look here - www.vauxextreme.com

craig green
12-12-09, 11:14 AM
T3.... in what spec? A MEtro turbo used a variant of a T3, they arent huge. But can be.

This is the last home made turbo thread I ever get involved in. All of this has been covered before!! There is even a forum dedicated to it. (vauxextreme)

Edd
13-12-09, 02:34 PM
This is the last home made turbo thread I ever get involved in. All of this has been covered before!! There is even a forum dedicated to it. (vauxextreme)

lollollollollol

At the end of the day, if you have to ask dont bother.

craig green
13-12-09, 02:36 PM
Aye, it's getting fooking boring tbh. Still yet to see someone build one too.

Count Vaux Alot
13-12-09, 06:10 PM
Aye, it's getting fooking boring tbh. Still yet to see someone build one too.

lol ;)

jas2000000
14-12-09, 02:10 AM
I read that you had a courtenay turbo conversion on your gsi craig, what did you think of it. I used to own a courtenay turbo sr and it was a real dissapointment imo.