PDA

View Full Version : Z16xe same block and head as x16xe????

valvercorsa
11-12-09, 05:17 PM
Hi guys need some help and brain's lol
Blew my x16xel engine up and Carnt seem to find another one. All I can get is a z16xe looks the same really but I am wantin to fit inlet and exhaust and wiring loom to this to save messing around can this be done?

craig green
11-12-09, 06:42 PM
I may be wrong, but doesnt the Z16 have the engine mount through the cam belt as opposed to off the fr of the block. Might be an issue.

Surely you can find a 1600 Tigra for an engine?

AlexW
11-12-09, 06:47 PM
Im in agrement with craig, preety sure the Z engine is totaly different.

A corsa/tigra engine cant be hard to find, i was tripping over them when i thought about buying one.

craig green
11-12-09, 06:49 PM
Surely Corsasport should have some in the classifieds. WEven my local breakers has a Tigra & some Corsas. Usually they dont have anything this side of 1885.

DW-Nova
11-12-09, 07:23 PM
Z16XE, firstly it will not fit, and secondly you'll pay ALOT more for one than a X16XE, finding a X16XE wont be hard at all though mate, i might be able to sort you one out if your intrested as i work at a breakers yard, it would be monday before i can check though, hope this helps you.

valvercorsa
11-12-09, 07:48 PM
£150 for z16xe in local breakers. they do mount thro the centre of cam belt but you can fit one to front of engine, its like a v6 mount P/S mount and engine mount in 1 :)
scrapyard have got loads of corsa's & tigra's but no 1600's :( just my luck even dixon vaux spares not got any.