PDA

View Full Version : xe big problems

doey106
11-12-09, 04:40 PM
i finally got round to starting my nova yesturday with no problems. left it running for about 30 minutes when i noticed water dripping from under the car. looked under and noticed it was running down the oil filter. checked a few pipes and all seemed ok, so i thought i would fill it back up, filled it back up with the engine not running and the same thing. stripped off inlet manifold, altenator and cant see where its coming from. above the oil filter upwards is dry and all pipes are dry aswell.:wall:

could it be the water pump or gasget??

sorry for the story really need some help :cry: :cry:

thanks

jack

let_nova
11-12-09, 04:50 PM
would it be easier to see where it is coming from if there was anti-freeze in it? or could it be the hose onto the back of the head not tightened properly?

spanishfly
11-12-09, 05:16 PM
If it's dripping off the oil filter I would check pending what has been done.

3 way hose (block/inlet/hard pipe)
Water pump
core plugs
in that order.

doey106
11-12-09, 06:22 PM
isnt the 3 way pipe iv checked that, im thinking its the water pump/gasget. being stupid wheres the core plugs?? i cant see where its coming from looked from upabove and under just see it dripping down the oil filter

AlexW
11-12-09, 06:33 PM
Water pump i bet. They dont have gaskets as such, more a melted rubber ring. That or the pump has failed internaly or the like and letting water out.

The core plugs are in the block, there round things in the block. Hard to explain.

craig green
11-12-09, 06:34 PM
Sounds like water pump to me, however the lack of pics or decent explanation means no one will ever really know for sure or give a toss.

doey106
11-12-09, 06:41 PM
its hard to explain lol i cant see where its coming out of but it looks like its coming from right above the oil filter as thats the only part of the engine that is wet lol