PDA

View Full Version : help on engine conversion

matty-1990
10-12-09, 05:23 PM
well basicly i have just got my nova and done a few bits to it already!
i have done quite a few corsa c20xe conversions, but i am wanting to put a 1.4 c14se or 1.6 c16se mpi engine in the nova i am wanting to know what route to go down with the fuel system i.e tank pump and how many other ways you can do it please get back to me people as i want to start this asap cheers:thumb: my nova is a 1.0 mk1 e reg carburettor model

hc coupe
10-12-09, 05:31 PM
Hi,

What engine have you got at the moment ?

Carb / injection ?!?

edit : I see ..... my bad

matty-1990
10-12-09, 05:38 PM
Hi,

What engine have you got at the moment ?

Carb / injection ?!?

edit : I see ..... my badcarb model mate can you give me any info regarding this cheers

Aragorn
10-12-09, 05:44 PM
I put an EFI engine into my old 1.0, i used the fuel tank and nylon lines from a 1.2 spi, with an MPI fuel pump from some astra installed in the nova cage.

Only thing i'd say is cut the pump access hatch with the tank out, as i didnt, then had to cut it out with a chisel a few months later when the wiring went wrong!

matty-1990
10-12-09, 05:48 PM
[quote=Aragorn]I put an EFI engine into my old 1.0, i used the fuel tank and nylon lines from a 1.2 spi, with an MPI fuel pump from some astra installed in the nova cage.

Only thing i'd say is cut the pump access hatch with the tank out, as i didnt, then had to cut it out with a chisel a few months later when the wiring went wrong![/quote cheers mate:thumb: i was gonna put a c20xe in but i fancy i nice 8v this time! what does your gsi/gte go like then peformance wise?

Aragorn
10-12-09, 05:55 PM
it doesnt anymore, was like 5 years ago or summat!

it had a 1.6 16v, and the best time i managed was 16.4sec 1/4 and 87mph terminal:

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/show_times.asp?CarNumber=100&RunDate=20050206&RaceID=538

But that was on plastic ditchfinders and the worst gearbox in the world ever (WR cluster and 3.55FD from some diesel van!)

Aragorn
10-12-09, 05:59 PM
FWIW there was a standard GTE running on the same day, and its best time was a 16.7 with 79.2mph terminal.

Nobby
10-12-09, 10:05 PM
Hi matey imo if you have had a Corsa xe you WONT be happy with a 1.6 8v but as said use the astra mpi pump in the nova cage you will need a injection tank so you have a fuel return and you will need a drivers engine mount as the 1.0 is differnet everything else mechanical wise will bolt up shafts box mounts etc etc. Just the wiring after but theres enough peeps on here to help with that its been covered over and over and over try the search function :D

w88rdy
10-12-09, 10:08 PM
I used a 1.2spi tank and fuel lines and just uprated the pump to one from a mk4 2.0 astra intank version and swapped them over and ive had no probs at all.

matty-1990
10-12-09, 10:22 PM
Hi matey imo if you have had a Corsa xe you WONT be happy with a 1.6 8v but as said use the astra mpi pump in the nova cage you will need a injection tank so you have a fuel return and you will need a drivers engine mount as the 1.0 is differnet everything else mechanical wise will bolt up shafts box mounts etc etc. Just the wiring after but theres enough peeps on here to help with that its been covered over and over and over try the search function :Dhi mate i just fancy a change as ive already got a corsa xe so i fancy a nice 8v this time so im best buying a spi injection tank and putting in a mpi pump... cheers for the advice pal:thumb:

Prey
10-12-09, 10:26 PM
1600 8v and bike carbs :thumb: