PDA

View Full Version : bee sting guide.......

TUBZGSXR
24-03-03, 05:56 PM
i recently bought a bee sting ariel for my sri, i was looki at the guide on nova-land, a wicked site by the way :D it all seems pretty straight foward,, its jsut the removin of the roof lining, the rubber stuff at the top, it seems stuck down, im jsut not sure if i should try and remove it, is it easy to put back? i dont wana just take it off and then get stuck!

ade
26-03-03, 12:24 AM
easy m8

lift up hatch, remove the rubber seal - it just pulls off (dead easy to put on again and you only need to remove it a bit)

Then you have to peel the roof lining back - be careful here coz it's sticky and you dont wanna tear it - make sure that when youve peeled it back (I recommend most of the width of the roof coz you dont wanna drill into the fabric from above) get your hand in the cavity and losen the foam padding thats usually stuck to the roof - it may just fall down. Its on glue so you can whack it back up.

Main thing to remember is seal the drilled hole and run the cable down the drivers side (passenger one has the rear light loom on it) - down C pillar and then simply remove the rear 1/4 panel and feed it through down side of seat and under the door trim (remove this by undoing screws - dont forget one on the side behind drivers seat at bottom of door)

Ade

Nova-Boy
26-03-03, 11:32 AM
You make it sound very easy. How long does it take? I have a standard ariel on the drivers wing. How do you get at it cos someones snapped it? :x .Couldn't figure it out. Do you have to take the wing off??

Freak
26-03-03, 03:36 PM
Wing ariel unbolts from top- undo the access hatch under drivers front wheel arch and it comes out.

Nova-Boy
26-03-03, 04:06 PM
cheers