PDA

View Full Version : Salvageble from a Mk3 astra?

Pete
10-12-09, 02:58 PM
hello, just out of curiosity, if my astra dont get sold what is salvageble from it that i can fit into a nova?
if its not sold by the end of the year im taking it scrap yard, so i want what i can out of it before i do.

from studid things like the electric windows and central locking to engine parts, i just want to know what i can take out and what i cant..

Cheers
Pete :thumb:

Jack
10-12-09, 05:34 PM
Headlight warning buzzer :p

AlexW
10-12-09, 05:54 PM
And then post the above to me.

Engine parts, fuel pump, wheels, otherwise i cant think of much lol

Aragorn
10-12-09, 06:01 PM
I'd just break it. Sell the wheels and backbox and you'll make £100, then theres the rest of the car you can sell for parts. should make double what your asking without too much trouble.

Aragorn
10-12-09, 06:04 PM
Also, if you want the stuff shifted, get it on ebay. 99p start no reserve and it goes for what it goes for.

If you mess around saying "i want £50 for that" and "40 for that" etc you'll just end up not selling anything.

Just make sure your postage costs cover the postage, the listing fee and some packaging materials, so if an item DOES go for 2quid your not making a loss

Pete
10-12-09, 06:44 PM
yeah if needs be then thats what it will come to, i want the car gone as a whole but if not then its going in bits, ive got the alloys already, the backbox is a crappy universal one, is it any good to have an asta engine in a nova?

AlexW
10-12-09, 06:46 PM
Depends what engine it is, most can be converted to nova setup. Eather carb or injection. I did.

Pete
10-12-09, 06:50 PM
its a 1.4 carb i believe, may be wrong, not realy payed much attention to the car as i dont like it. but saying that i only have a 1.0 in my nova so any engine would make a diffrence.

AlexW
10-12-09, 06:51 PM
It will be Single Point Injection. Keep it.

You can convert it to carb simple, or MPi with a bit more effort.

Presuming it aint done a millon miles.

L14MNP
10-12-09, 06:59 PM
Sod the 99p start. List things at low low low B.I.N prices and then have the buyer agree to cancel the transaction after they get the goods so you avoid all the jewtax. If most stuff goes for 99p, minus bay and paypal fee's you'll be left with about 30p per item.

As said. don't be greedy. End of the day it's a mk3 Astra. Fiver a headlight etc. and you should shift the vast majority.

People need to learn how to make eBay work for them IMO.

Logical Improvement
10-12-09, 07:03 PM
I'll have rear wiper motor if it works (most don't) and if it has electric aerial I'll have that. If prices are acceptable and delivery possible !!

The brakes would suit a low spec nova, as a upgrade which allows 13 inch wheels ?

Pete
10-12-09, 08:02 PM
ill have to check on the wiper and aerial as im not sure, ill let you know through PM tho