PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild

nova_saloon
10-12-09, 12:57 AM
Basically i want to rebuild my engine (c20xe) and ive just been looking over a few websites like chris astley for parts to rebuild it like Water pump, oil pump. piston rings. main bearings big end bearings. head bolts, cyclinder head gasket set , bottom end gasket set and a few other bits perhaps, but just wondering if anyone has bought parts from elsewhere or know of any good cheap places to purchase from? :thumb:

Paul
10-12-09, 01:40 AM
Steveboyslim

burgo
10-12-09, 10:17 AM
you'll do well to beat the quality and price of steves parts

mowgli
10-12-09, 01:34 PM
just get prices from your local motor factors.

the tuning companies don't make piston rings, bottom end gaskets, shells, seals & water pumps, they just buy them in & re-box them with a huge price increase.

the sooner more people realised this, the better

nova_saloon
10-12-09, 04:43 PM

the tuning companies don't make piston rings, bottom end gaskets, shells, seals & water pumps, they just buy them in & re-box them with a huge price increase.

i know that one, just i was gathering a list on there for intrest and suddenly saw how much was like jesus! but thanks guys :thumb:

nova_saloon
10-12-09, 04:44 PM
Steveboyslim

website or contact or is he a member?

Paul
10-12-09, 05:27 PM
Hes a member, if your on migweb contact via there

philip
12-12-09, 03:00 PM
i can get bearings, gaskets, pumps, etc etc, drop me a text and i can ring, have a chat 07807 040522. check username on mig for feed back on work, or leeleg on here.

payen, fai, elring gasket sets
mahle, king, acl bearings
gates cambelt kits
ks, tarabusa rings etc etc

steveboyslim
13-12-09, 05:37 PM

The sooner people purchasing rebuild parts realise that some parts sold are absolute rubbish, the better.
You do need to know what parts work and what parts do not.
Most motorfactors sell cheap rubbish, use as a minimum standard the same 'brands' Vauxhall did (elring, Goetze etc).

Steve

steveboyslim
13-12-09, 05:40 PM
website or contact or is he a member?

Yes I am a member, no I do not have a web site.
Send me a message.
I also rebuild these (and other) engines.

Steve

benton101
14-12-09, 11:29 PM
autosprint is really good and they are cheep