PDA

View Full Version : Engine Rebuild Parts

NitrousVaux
09-12-09, 08:17 PM
Hi all,

I am in the process of rebuilding my nova with a C20XE engine for a blast down to Monte Carlo next summer as a bit of a mad thing for me and the missus to do on our summer hols.

The nova is still in bits and I will be starting a blog and a post in the projects section on its progress.

I do however need to buy all the engine rebuild parts filets/gaskets/fluids etc. etc. and would like as much to order all of them from a single supplier to make life easier.

WHich is the best place to order all these parts? Chris Astley?

Please give me your reccomendations.

THey need to be good prices too if thats possible! I was thinking someone like Burton Power who I used to use when rebuilding my RS Turbos etc.

Cheers,

Adam
09-12-09, 08:19 PM
AutoVaux

NitrousVaux
09-12-09, 08:22 PM
Are they good value?

garethcolley
09-12-09, 08:23 PM
AutoVaux

Agreed, brilliant service and GM parts.

Nobby
09-12-09, 09:53 PM
hey mate hows it going?!? ive got another nova now that ive xe'd couldnt resist another hehe

NitrousVaux
10-12-09, 06:15 PM
OK, F**K load more welding then I first thort. Got 2 new sill, engine bay, 2 rear arches, diriving me mad.

Still going tho, will be sorted for may next year prior to my trip. how u doin?

Nobby
10-12-09, 10:03 PM
OK, F**K load more welding then I first thort. Got 2 new sill, engine bay, 2 rear arches, diriving me mad.

Still going tho, will be sorted for may next year prior to my trip. how u doin?

Sound matey the belmonts gone now and the xes in my new nova awww shame to hear that matey any pics?? youll sort it though ive just had 2 put a new front panel on mine and some arch welding lol

Stuart
10-12-09, 10:12 PM
when you say 'rebuild' and then only list service parts.... what exactly do you mean by rebuild?

NitrousVaux
11-12-09, 08:42 AM
Rebuild means everything.

New wings, new rear arches, respray, strengthening kit. The car is a shell at the momement.

I will need the service parts to rebuild the engine as I ahve never heard it running and want to confirm thats sorted prior to getting the final paint job.

Pics to follow.

Stuart
11-12-09, 12:56 PM
so in short you just want to goto halfords, get an oil filter, oil, coolant, air filter, new plugs and away you go..

wow that was hard.

NitrousVaux
11-12-09, 05:49 PM
Halfrauds!

Seriously, I was a series series on RS Turbo nut but I always had nova from when I was 17.

My last nova ended up costing me 7k although this one is a little cheaper!

I wantto orderthaprts from a eputable company and get a good deal like burton power

Pistol Pete
11-12-09, 06:12 PM
So your doing a full strip down engine rebuild or just a service??

Stuart
11-12-09, 06:25 PM
So your doing a full strip down engine rebuild or just a service??

OTT service from the sound of it.

Halfrods + Trade Card = nearly Free :d

Pistol Pete
11-12-09, 06:36 PM
Ah, then yeah Halfords FTW! Or a motor factors with a mates garage discount/account ;)

NitrousVaux
13-12-09, 11:41 PM
ha ha you guys are so funny!

I have built a number of good power strong turbo and NA engines in my time.

Never judge a book by its cover.

Seriously tho, the welding is now sorted and I just need the parts for the engine build.

Nobby
14-12-09, 07:53 AM
we need pics!! lol

Stuart
14-12-09, 09:28 AM
ha ha you guys are so funny!

I have built a number of good power strong turbo and NA engines in my time.

Never judge a book by its cover.

Seriously tho, the welding is now sorted and I just need the parts for the engine build.

we werent... you just listed that your "rebuild" was essentially a service, which requires no fancy parts.

get over yourself

NitrousVaux
14-12-09, 12:18 PM
we werent... you just listed that your "rebuild" was essentially a service, which requires no fancy parts.

get over yourself

I am over myself!

LOL. Maybe sometimes 'certain' people should ask a question rather than refer to me as some Halfrauds scum.

Another Admin Bod, please delete this post, its absolutely worthless due to the idiot above.

Stuart
14-12-09, 03:17 PM
Now where did I say "goto halfords you scumbag".... It was more a suggestion of somewhere to get the parts you need :wall:

but hey, you get your fanny in a rash over it if thats what makes you happy :p

Bubba
14-12-09, 03:20 PM
Stu:
Post Count 22,755
Big Boss Dude

NitrousVaux:
Post Count 44
New Guy

ROUND 1

mayhem
14-12-09, 04:08 PM
bitchfight :D

stu is correct tbh, youre talking about rebuild, and list service parts...

when you rebuild, you rebuild. new pistons etc etc. not just new oil and coolant.