PDA

View Full Version : need advice on a mag feature

Brettski
06-12-09, 10:36 PM
after the news i recived from the mrs yesterday that i am going to be a dad i am now haveing to posibly consider selling my pride and joy to go towards a house etc so......

before i sell the nova thats if i have to i need to know who i would contact etc for a magasine feature on my car any advice will be much apreciated thanks brett :thumb:

Southie
06-12-09, 10:39 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Sell it to me or a deal ;) Not the baby on the way lol

Take the nova off the road and store it.

Oh and answer to the question lol pm lynz and she will have a word with Dougie I suspect.

Spudly
06-12-09, 10:42 PM
Mate speak to Rob, (novafusion) he has three kids and a more door xe loon, and a two door loon you dont need to get rid so shush and dont do it :p

Fester
06-12-09, 10:50 PM
Congrats :)

scott.parker
06-12-09, 11:09 PM
Yeah i dont see why you need to get rid, it's not a mega hole in the pocket like a track XE can be..

I say keep it mate, you will never have another like it again, as for feature, could try retro car mag?

Also congrats on the little one on the way.

Scott

Nova_Tek
07-12-09, 12:39 PM
Firstly congratulations. But I really do not see how a Nova will a) help to fund a house, if it did it wouldn't be much lets face it :( b) be expensive to run/look after.

I would peronsally keep it stored and use it less often or when you are popping out somehwere on your own, as you will no doubt want a bigger family car to use as an everydayer.

I have seen it before, friend sells his pride and joy as he is going to be a dad but later regrets it and tries to get it back or start another one in a couple years time :)

Those are my views anyway but all the best whatever you do :thumb:

Oh and as for the feature, TV mag has a page you fill in if you think you car has what it takes. Or as it has been said write a very nice flattering PM to Lynz ;) so she has a word with Dougie

craig green
07-12-09, 01:15 PM
Abort. lol

L14MNP
07-12-09, 01:17 PM
Lol!

MattBrown
07-12-09, 01:22 PM
Abort. lol

It had to be saidlol lol lol lol lol lol

Angus Closier
07-12-09, 05:46 PM
^^^Harsh! congrats, To be honest it will cost you more in a months/years time to rebuild a nova to the spec yours is than you will get from selling it now. Which is never going to be much as even the best is not what houses cost!! and plus you will miss nova ownership.

Riggy
07-12-09, 05:49 PM
congrats on the little one mate , but as said try and keep the nova , you have your cav etc aswell just put it away and use it a bit less

Ste L
07-12-09, 06:40 PM
as said, selling the nova, wont really give much towards a deposit...

best keeping it imo and congrats :D

Mark Sparks
07-12-09, 08:49 PM
Congrats Mate.:thumb: You dont need to sell it mate i manage it.

And as already said you will wish you hadn't plus lets face it would be the best car ever to have been handed down. Its great having one to one time with the carlol I mean my boys lol

When did you find out?

loggyboy
07-12-09, 08:54 PM
Chip on migweb works for TV, maybe drop him a PM with the details.

Steve
07-12-09, 08:58 PM
Firstly congratulations. But I really do not see how a Nova will a) help to fund a house, if it did it wouldn't be much lets face it :( b) be expensive to run/look after.

I would peronsally keep it stored and use it less often or when you are popping out somehwere on your own, as you will no doubt want a bigger family car to use as an everydayer.

I have seen it before, friend sells his pride and joy as he is going to be a dad but later regrets it and tries to get it back or start another one in a couple years time :)

Those are my views anyway but all the best whatever you do :thumb:

Oh and as for the feature, TV mag has a page you fill in if you think you car has what it takes. Or as it has been said write a very nice flattering PM to Lynz ;) so she has a word with Dougie
Couldn't agree more, but your nova is really clean so would fetch quite a few pennies but towards a house, it won't really help all that much.

There's nothing worse than in a few years time looking back and thinking 'why did I sell it' but if you do sell, sell it to me for next to nothing yeah!? :d :d :d

Brettski
07-12-09, 10:39 PM
it wasnt so much towards a house as such but i may strugle insureing two cars and taxing them but will have to see if my mum will let me keep it in the garage for now :thumb:

and thanks for the congrats from everyone didnt think it would hapen to me tbh but things happen when u least expect them lol

srs1
08-12-09, 07:25 AM
congrats bret.

sure we'll convince you on sunday not to sell your car.
i have rented a garage from the council to store my car, £4 a week, so if you can afford £16 a month as appossed to insurance and tax, then your better off.