PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i Injection tank outlet help

garethcolley
06-12-09, 09:28 PM
Ive completely forgotten what goes where on my fuel tank as i've lost all the hoses so if anyone can supply some that would be great. I'm running a 20XE external pump. I want to know what connects to the following numbers.

1- Filler neck
2-
3-
4-
5-

Thanks in advance :thumb:

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq205/colley340/A-Reg%20Nova%20build/1.jpg

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq205/colley340/A-Reg%20Nova%20build/4.jpg

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq205/colley340/A-Reg%20Nova%20build/5.jpg

Adam
06-12-09, 09:41 PM
1- Filler neck
2- Breather to filler neck
3- Another breather
4- Return from engine
5- Fuek pump/Supply

You cant really use an external pump because its got a pump in the tank so you would need to remove that somehow... Or see if it will pull fuel through the pump.

garethcolley
06-12-09, 09:46 PM
Adam, thanks for that, most appreciated. I used this tank in its current state on my old Nova which had a 20LET fitted??? It seemed to work fine? Unless the pump has been removed internally and the plate bolted back on (can you do that?).

For the breather you mentioned (number 3), where exactly does that go and whats on the end of the pipe as i need to get another one? As for the fuel pump supply, where do you take this from. Im sure that this never had anything connected to it after i had the LET fitted....

Adam
06-12-09, 09:50 PM
Well, the supply is in the top of the pump/plate..... So your pump must of been sucking fuel through that pump thats in the tank....

The breather runs to the charcoal canister originally, but i just leave mine open now....

garethcolley
06-12-09, 09:54 PM
Hmmm, ok mate cheers. Im just wondering if the external pump could connect to the original fuel pump and suck fuel through it? Generally how does the standard 20XE Bosch pump operate, is it gravity fed as the pump is below the tank?

garethcolley
08-12-09, 11:52 AM
Anyone else have any info on the pump problem?

AlexW
08-12-09, 01:06 PM
The standard external pump should be gravity fed from the tank.

If your shell has the hole under the rear seat id buy a mpi pump from a astra. Much simpler. Make sure the breather is up high enough too, dont want it leaking, or leaking if you roll over at anytime

garethcolley
09-12-09, 11:20 AM
The standard external pump should be gravity fed from the tank.

If your shell has the hole under the rear seat id buy a mpi pump from a astra. Much simpler. Make sure the breather is up high enough too, dont want it leaking, or leaking if you roll over at anytime
Hi mate, no my shell doesnt have the hole under the rear seats but my old one did. Really not sure on what to do??? As i was using an external pump with this tank before with the internal tank pump still fitted??? Problem is i didnt fit it and i cant remember what it was like when i stripped the shell as it was so long ago.

Any more help would be most appreciated, cheers. :thumb:

AlexW
09-12-09, 03:13 PM
Id say ditch the external pump and cut a hole in your shell. No need to get dirty underneath then lol

Otherwise id find a SRI/GTE/GSI tank for the external pump.

Adam
09-12-09, 03:27 PM
MY shell doesnt have the hole either, im just hoping the pump never dies! lol lol

garethcolley
09-12-09, 04:10 PM
Id say ditch the external pump and cut a hole in your shell. No need to get dirty underneath then lol

Otherwise id find a SRI/GTE/GSI tank for the external pump.

Im not cutting the shell up as its been painted to a high standard inside. Is the MPI pump the same flow rate as the external used on the LET?

garethcolley
09-12-09, 04:16 PM
Im just going to use the internal pump output as the inlet to the external again and see whats what. I cant see any other way how it could have been connected up. If not then is this the tank i'd want?

http://bap.dominohosting.biz/bap/bapdb01.nsf/Plookup2/62-20-384VAUXHALLNOVA04-83-03-93!EditDocument&Ret=TANKS

If thats the one then where is the feed for an external pump on these tanks? Near the return?

Adam
09-12-09, 08:17 PM
The feed on a external pump tank comes from a outlet in the fuel level sender

garethcolley
09-12-09, 10:16 PM
The feed on a external pump tank comes from a outlet in the fuel level sender

Ok, problem is solved now anyway. Took the plate off the top of the tank to find the internal pump had been removed.