PDA

View Full Version : Boot Installs

vaughanmc
06-12-09, 07:08 PM
I'm thinking about a wee ICE install in the new Nova

Was just wanting to see what you guys have done with your boot area

I fancy a 10/12 inch sub in there but still plenty of room for other stuff as well

Post up your pictures please

Vaughan :)

bmw156
06-12-09, 08:05 PM
some ideas, put a sub in the spare wheel well with perspex or something covering, sound plus boot space. but no spare wheel lol.

possible put some more small speakers in the side cards.

vaughanmc
06-12-09, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking about a decent head unit - 2 front speakers, 2 6x9's, an amp and a sub - Nothing too OTT just a nice subtle system

Nova_Tek
06-12-09, 08:29 PM
Simple 10'' sub box with hidden wires pushed right up flush with the rear bench hidden amp under pasenger seat. Simples. You can buy those specially made sub boxes that fit exactly around the rear wheel well but they are like £100+

I have rear 17cm components hidden under acoustic cloth, 2ways in the doors and 10cm 2ways in the dash on crossovers.

Spudly
06-12-09, 09:14 PM
I'm thinking about a decent head unit - 2 front speakers, 2 6x9's, an amp and a sub - Nothing too OTT just a nice subtle system

You dont need 6x9s if youre running a sub, get yourself some components in there on the oe mounts for the parcel shelf, then mount the tweeters up the C pillars somewhere, 6x9s are bass speakers and become redundant as soon as you fit a sub please dont use them if you havent already got some!

vaughanmc
06-12-09, 09:53 PM
I've no got anything yet...I'm no clued up with speakers etc

Spudly
06-12-09, 10:16 PM
6x9s are only ever needed where youre not going to be running a sub but want bass, you want to be using a decent set of components in the back and a decent headunit to filter out the bass from your speakers and let the sub handle all of that, that way you will get more volume from your speakers and good bass from your sub:thumb:

vaughanmc
06-12-09, 10:18 PM
I'll PM you when I come to do this then eh ? :)

AlexW
06-12-09, 11:25 PM
IF you fit a sub remember the design of the box does change the the sound a fair amount.

Archie
07-12-09, 01:13 AM
Vaughan, you ever hear the install i had in the Corsa?

Give me a shout when your planning on doing it, i can help you fit and set it up.

I just flung a 12" Vibe in the boot of the Nova, will do my install after winter.