PDA

View Full Version : The Damage :(

Lee
06-12-09, 06:43 PM
Turns out we had quite a lucky escape after looking at the road and where we exited it when you take into account a telegraph pole that was meters from the side panel, plus the lack of anything on the verge which could have easily flipped us over.

MASSIVE thanks to Dar, (as well as his better half Charlotte who rescued us in the morning). He not only drove us to the karting and only losing just over half an hour in all, but dragged the van out of the ditch with the Monty with pretty much no effort whatsoever. That thing is a beast lol

Damage is mainly cosmetic, the drivers door is stoved in at the bottom, and unfortunately, so is the sill.

My splitter was nowhere to be found :(

Smashed indicator lense

But the worst damage is ive managed to snap my intercooler clean in half, so im unable to use it for work in the morning, so the Focus is going to have to be abused despite being on its last legs lol

All in all not a bad result. Could have been way worse!

Look out for puddles kids!!!

John
06-12-09, 06:45 PM
gutted for you Lee! Glad you managed to make the karting regardless.

Plug
06-12-09, 06:56 PM
unlucky mate :(

loggyboy
06-12-09, 07:01 PM
Glad you made it, and the van made nearly made it!
Any pics of the damage and the ditch?

Lee
06-12-09, 07:02 PM
Too dark to take pics with the phone, ill get some pics of the damage end of the week, i wont be home before dark till thurs.

Nova_Sean
06-12-09, 07:06 PM
what happed?

Dar
06-12-09, 07:10 PM
The Monty ROCKS!!
Very lucky to do as little damage as we did, shame about the intercooler and sill though.

craig green
06-12-09, 07:14 PM
You had an off on the way to karting??

Spudly
06-12-09, 07:15 PM
Awww gutted for you Lee after putting all that hard work into getting it looking mint, just shows that even good drivers can be caught out sometimes, lucky its not too much damage, anyone know of an IC for a vito going cheap or free to send to Lee?

Glad you still managed to make it bud and get your superglue on the case for your trophy:thumb:

draper
06-12-09, 07:18 PM
a small block would of been easier to handle/harder to crash

John
06-12-09, 07:24 PM
a small block would of been easier to handle/harder to crash

Flol !

burgo
06-12-09, 07:27 PM
could of been so much worse, you were very lucky mr lee

Rich
06-12-09, 08:19 PM
At least the pistons are all still in place :)

Sounds like karting was a good laugh

Lee
06-12-09, 08:25 PM
Awww gutted for you Lee after putting all that hard work into getting it looking mint, just shows that even good drivers can be caught out sometimes, lucky its not too much damage, anyone know of an IC for a vito going cheap or free to send to Lee?

Glad you still managed to make it bud and get your superglue on the case for your trophy:thumb:

I said to Dan after we rolled out from paint 'I bet I go and stack it now'. Im never ever saying stuff like that in jest ever again :roll:

Spudly
06-12-09, 08:26 PM
I said to Dan after we rolled out from paint 'I bet I go and stack it now'. Im never ever saying stuff like that in jest ever again :roll:

Oh you complete and utter puddin lol

Hopefully it wont be too long before you get it sorted though bud:thumb:

Adam
06-12-09, 08:41 PM
Not good mate. So what happened? Just hit some standing water??

brainsnova
06-12-09, 08:46 PM
sorry to hear about the smash but http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/Brain_missing/needpics.gif

Fester
06-12-09, 09:15 PM
Walking away definitely the main thing; bad news on the van but it can always be fixed :)

Spudly
06-12-09, 09:18 PM
Walking away definitely the main thing; bad news on the van but it can always be fixed :)

Any landing you can walk away from, is a good one lol

Spudly
06-12-09, 09:59 PM
sorry to hear about the smash but http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/Brain_missing/needpics.gif

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/spudly01/Events%20Piccies/06122009125.jpg

Bubba
06-12-09, 10:32 PM
hell the damage is bad....its turned into a merc...im so sorry lol

Lee
06-12-09, 10:50 PM
Not good mate. So what happened? Just hit some standing water??

Yeah, did't see it till we were surfing :(

scott.parker
06-12-09, 11:14 PM
Yeah, did't see it till we were surfing :(

I did some aqua planing on the m1 to PV this year, i couldt see, was de-misting the screen and hit the water on a bend, mike looked at me and said **** what happened, i said **** knows and laughed!

Was lucky no other cars were near as we must have gone across from inside to out side lane and back!

Sorry to here the out come was not as lucky as my quick skate. :cry:

Long your alright thou lanky lover.

Scott

Sloth
06-12-09, 11:31 PM
dude im off to upullit this coming weekend,if you get me some dimensions, like pipe sizes, ill see what they have, they charge a fiver for an intercooler iirc.

Lee
06-12-09, 11:36 PM
Id rather have a like for like tbh sloth, so if you can find a vito (112 or a 111 if poss, I thing the 108's and 110's have smaller IC's) but ill measure mine up and confirm

brainsnova
06-12-09, 11:36 PM
i went aquaplaining on the M8 to glasgow many years ago and pooped it after i went round a big bend

Sloth
06-12-09, 11:46 PM
Id rather have a like for like tbh sloth, so if you can find a vito (112 or a 111 if poss, I thing the 108's and 110's have smaller IC's) but ill measure mine up and confirmno worries mate, i'll see what i find. :thumb: