PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: z16ler Corsa VXR Engine

Gsi16vJG
06-12-09, 03:09 PM
corsa VXR (Z16LER) Engine complete with loom and ecu, can any one help me please?

novalovingned
06-12-09, 03:20 PM
Theres a corsa vxr engine on egay just now. £1150.

Gsi16vJG
06-12-09, 06:43 PM
Theres a corsa vxr engine on egay just now. £1150.
thanks for replying mate, ive emailed the seller and it dosent come with a loom or ecu,cheers tho :thumb:

napalm_27
06-12-09, 06:44 PM
thanks for replying mate, ive emailed the seller and it dosent come with a loom or ecu,cheers tho :thumb:

id still have it mate
thats cheap as chips
you could pick a loom and ecu up off ebay for it

John
06-12-09, 06:47 PM
corsa VXR (Z16LER) Engine complete with loom and ecu, can any one help me please?

Unless you're putting it into an existing corsa vxr then it's pointless buying an engine with the loom. Due to canbus technology the corsa vxr engine+loom_ecu can't be retrofitted into other cars unless you use aftermarket management.

Gsi16vJG
06-12-09, 06:57 PM
id still have it mate
thats cheap as chips
you could pick a loom and ecu up off ebay for it
yh it is quite cheap,but think im just guna wait for a complete engine,loom and ecu to turn up, one will come along in a minute, i hope lol!.:tumble:

Gsi16vJG
06-12-09, 07:05 PM
Unless you're putting it into an existing corsa vxr then it's pointless buying an engine with the loom. Due to canbus technology the corsa vxr engine+loom_ecu can't be retrofitted into other cars unless you use aftermarket management.
yh i have heard about that, some people say you can if u have the chip in the key and the ignition immoberliser, but not sure if i works.

John
06-12-09, 07:10 PM
yh i have heard about that, some people say you can if u have the chip in the key and the ignition immoberliser, but not sure if i works.

I have it on very good authority that it doesn't. The engine ecu needs to comminicate with all other ecus in the car (of which there are loads ie cim, abs, ehu etc etc) for it to function correctly. In the case of the corsa d it runs the immobilser through the cim (column intergrated module), and not the ecu. It's not just a case of taping the key to the pick up ring and it runs! Do some research before you spunk £kkks up the wall for it still not to run.

Southie
06-12-09, 07:21 PM
What's Gunny fitting in his Nova? I hope he's aware of all the ecu sensor senarios.

John
06-12-09, 07:22 PM
What's Gunny fitting in his Nova? I hope he's aware of all the ecu sensor senarios.

yeah this is what gunny is putting in his, iirc he's running megasquirt?

Southie
06-12-09, 07:26 PM
Ah all's good then :)

burgo
06-12-09, 07:41 PM
hes not using megasquirt but is using aftermarket management

John
06-12-09, 07:59 PM
hes not using megasquirt but is using aftermarket management

I stand corrected. ;) :) :thumb:

Rich
06-12-09, 09:03 PM
Yep unless your are very very clued up you wont get away with standard ecu and loom. As john said, it works off most other ecus in the car, if the ecu doesnt see the cim, or bcm etc it wont have a scooby do what its doing.

New cars arent a simple live and an earth

(just realised its a wanted thread.. sorry)

Gsi16vJG
06-12-09, 10:55 PM
I stand corrected. ;) :) :thumb:
Thanks for your help :thumb: ,would you recommend a stand alone Omex ECU with Semi Assembled loom to go with the VXR Engine?

Gsi16vJG
07-12-09, 11:23 PM
yeah this is what gunny is putting in his, iirc he's running megasquirt? whats mega squirt?

burgo
08-12-09, 12:19 AM
megasquirt is a standalone management

see here

http://www.extraefi.co.uk/