PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy earth?

Jon_nova1
05-12-09, 06:10 PM
The alternator isn't charging, i thought maybe the alternator is on its way out, turned of everything and it was still not charging, took the battery off to make sure it wasn't the signal to the dash and it tried to cut out, but my wipers are now constantly on when i turn the ignition on:wtf:

any idea where the dodgy earth may be?:tard:

AlexW
05-12-09, 06:35 PM
Gearbox one id say, that or the alt one/headlight wiring etc one.

Then again it could be the one behind the dash.

Have fun :d

Jon_nova1
05-12-09, 06:59 PM
erm....why not just name them all? lol

ok, reconnected the alternator one, the inner wing one is fine

The wipers are still on, but when i disconnect the battery it still runs....with ignition on it runs very crappy, almost in time with the window wipers lol

sure i saw this the other day, will have a nosy lol

Jon_nova1
05-12-09, 08:34 PM
I do not get a charge when i unplug the wiper motor to stop the wipers from moving:tard:

I have a 30AMP current going into the interior constantly, I think earths can be counted out for this reason? or am i meant to get a constant 30amp drain?lol

the engine/alternator arn't draining

could this be put down to the alternator signal earthing? before i go and check that out?

Jon_nova1
06-12-09, 12:48 AM
no help then?:tard:

I seem to have a constant power supply to the blue on the wiper motor, when i have this connected to the wiper system i.e, reconnect the stalk, i get a voltage reading on the alternator signal (blue/white on digidash), from the volt tester i have, when this is disconnected i get no reading, as the engine isn't running

does this wire (blue/white to alternator) control the charging of the alternator? i heard you need the signal wire connected so the alternator knows the engine is running and needs to charge? is this right? does anyone have any better ideas what the problem is? or even comments?:confused:

Jon_nova1
06-12-09, 07:20 PM
Help!

I have no lights at all now! all i have is one side light and the left indicators! and the digidash goes off at random times and the car dies at the same time, but it only seems to do it for a second or so

Its blown fuse 4 and 5, anyone know what this is? i don't have a fuse cover?

Guderian
07-12-09, 01:56 PM
4 and 5...They are lights fuses aren't they?