PDA

View Full Version : The joys, of to many toys.....

MattBrown
05-12-09, 05:37 PM
As some of you are aware, ive got a shabby 1.0 road Slut, and a red shell thats having some drastic surgery (Welding, Paint, Coilovers, Full gte rep, speedlines and a c20xe)

Ive got motorbikes and loads of other tat, and about 2 sheds full of nova parts!

Ive just been offered a 14k sport by offplot, for an extremely good price, but It will be raped, then sport side of things I dont care bout, it will eventually have a c20let put in itlol

so, do i put the red project on hold, and get the sport, then put that on hold?

As ill be skint for 3 months buying it, and prgress of the red shell will be none existant really!

I want the sport shell, but then again, I dont want yet another toy round my neck!

Bubba
05-12-09, 05:45 PM
do it and then think about the consequences haha

that farmer
05-12-09, 05:49 PM
do it can never have too many toys lol

MattBrown
05-12-09, 05:50 PM
Putting a 14k shell, in the rain, as a bare shell, thats only in primers isnt the best idea though:(

Graeme
05-12-09, 05:53 PM
Stick to one project mate, I regret building my hatch for 12 months and not getting on with my saloon and I was forever skint as I was buying stuff for two cars every month and started to cause a lot of arguements at home

MattBrown
05-12-09, 05:59 PM
Stick to one project mate, I regret building my hatch for 12 months and not getting on with my saloon and I was forever skint as I was buying stuff for two cars every month and started to cause a lot of arguements at home

Exactly what im thinking!

I would rather spend the monies on the red one now, and then buy a shell to do after that one, as Im intent on having a gte, gsi, sr snowplow, a c20let and a c20xe camed on throttle bodies!

I Have no real life outside of cars and motorbikeslol

Ash
05-12-09, 06:15 PM
There are more important things than projects and toys. thats all im saying.

let_nova
05-12-09, 06:21 PM
so you wont to buy a sport with ~ID, sell the id and put a LET in the shell??? whay not buy a non sport shell

DAFTJOHN
05-12-09, 06:29 PM
Yeah what's the point of getting a sport and not kepping it a sport. You have a shell already that you can let?

MattBrown
05-12-09, 06:44 PM
Nah, the shell i have isnt 100%, this one is, so i think Ill just have a let sport lollollol

MattBrown
05-12-09, 06:45 PM
so you wont to buy a sport with ~ID, sell the id and put a LET in the shell??? whay not buy a non sport shell

I cant find a decent shell!

This ones mint, and lets face it, its only a novalol

MattBrown
05-12-09, 06:45 PM
There are more important things than projects and toys. thats all im saying.

Are there?

Such as?

Connor
05-12-09, 07:09 PM
Why dont you save the money from XEing the 1.0 and let it instead??
Then you dont need the sport really? IMO!

lewisvalver
05-12-09, 07:13 PM
just seen on your profile that your only 17!!i would of struggled to afford one project at that age never mind 2 lol if i were you i would stick to the one project:)depends how important the sport is to you tho??

Ash
05-12-09, 07:13 PM
dont get me wrong, I like a good project. But one at a time. Also could you really hack about one of the lowest mileage 'sports' just to fit a LET that you can fit to any other car...

and if you have to ask what else there is, theres no hope :p

let_nova
05-12-09, 07:42 PM
nothing wrong with more than 1 project lol. i have 3 on the go

Angus Closier
05-12-09, 07:42 PM
At the end of the day its a nova......so I think we should stay out of the its a "sport" etc argument And it can always be returned from a let back to the original specs. I think if you have the money then go for it, if not just do one properly then move onto the next. As far as I'm concerned I could not do it as I don't have enough cash to do one let alone 2! but fair play to you.

srs1
05-12-09, 08:53 PM
i know what matt is like.
he suggested i sell my house and buy a let for my car.

i think at 17 he has a one track mind, cars!

we all choose what we want as a priority in life, at this stage matt wants cars. we've all been there at some point. just we change our own direction in how we approach it.

all in,

buy the sport shell and dont you ****ing dare put a let in it.
i would store the shell and make it a project at a later date. garages around here are only £4 a week.

SR-Rally
05-12-09, 09:34 PM
dont buy the sport buy buy a standard shell. im sure someone else will buy the sport and bring it back to its former glory

MattBrown
05-12-09, 09:51 PM
dont get me wrong, I like a good project. But one at a time. Also could you really hack about one of the lowest mileage 'sports' just to fit a LET that you can fit to any other car...

and if you have to ask what else there is, theres no hope :p

The whole sport thing doesnt bother me, if people are so passionate about them, hen it should have been snapped up!

I will have a serious think, as id rather sell the i,d then have to destroy a sport!

The shell is advertised openly on the forum, and i know just how stupidly good it is!

As srs1 said, I have nothing else to do really, got the gf, dont drink, and all my dad does is motorbikes, so I do both, bit of this and that here and there etc!

My problem is only having £300 a month throw away cash!

Got £1000 on its way, maybe sell one of my motorbikes so I should have £1700, Enough to sort of paint and get an xe in the red one!

Then Im into the "Serious" let business, like 450bhp, £10k sort of serious:d

Srs1 will tell you, im a raving loonatic, he has specifically said i can never drive his car with him in it, as I try and "Kick its head in" whereever I go!

MattBrown
05-12-09, 09:52 PM
dont buy the sport buy buy a standard shell. im sure someone else will buy the sport and bring it back to its former glory

Well if someone doesnt buy it, it will meet my welder, and my new found obsession for boostlol

MattBrown
05-12-09, 09:53 PM
nothing wrong with more than 1 project lol. i have 3 on the go

Exactly, i want an xe that I can abuse to point of destruction, then a let for some nice scooby slaying!

michael squeak
05-12-09, 10:49 PM
Exactly what im thinking!

I Have no real life outside of cars and motorbikeslol

girls , beer , getting some form of s3x. ya wont get that froma a rusty olde nova ;)

MattBrown
05-12-09, 11:28 PM
girls , beer , getting some form of s3x. ya wont get that froma a rusty olde nova ;)

I'll pass tah fella!

Got my girls, got my gf, getting it regular, and she likes novas!

My gf- ftmfw!

Southie
06-12-09, 08:09 AM
Wish I was 17 again :cry:

All these dreams and plans are great Matt, I really hope that you can commit time AND MONEY to them all.

Get the sport IMO but don't LET it just get a standard twin 40 setup and you'll be able to afford to drive something that's still pretty quick and don't forget they're still only group 5.

LET the red one by this time it will be 2020 and you'll be 28 and be able to afford the insurance properly lol

Good luck you barmpot.

let_nova
06-12-09, 08:13 AM
mind you by 17 i had 4 novas and a 1.8 cavalier lol

Southie
06-12-09, 08:18 AM
Did you own them or perminent borrow them lol

I only had one Nova and no debt, now I've still got one Nova and loads of debt. :(

It should be so much easier to build a Nova with the tinterweb being available.

let_nova
06-12-09, 08:20 AM
owned them all. lol. i then fell out with the landlord so he ran over one with a tractor.

Southie
06-12-09, 08:23 AM
i then fell out with the landlord so he ran over one with a tractor.
lol pics or gtfo lol I hope it was the Cav (sorry Spud) lol

John
06-12-09, 08:27 AM
lol pics or gtfo lol I hope it was the Cav (sorry Spud) lol

lol lol

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Southie again.:(

let_nova
06-12-09, 08:35 AM
twas a nova. before i left i yied the lifting pin of the tractor to there lorry..... dont know if he noticed or not lol

Southie
06-12-09, 08:41 AM
twas a nova. before i left i yied the lifting pin of the tractor to there lorry..... dont know if he noticed or not lol
lol at the tractor.
:wtf: :( :cry: at the Nova.

Benn
06-12-09, 10:02 AM
Hows a 1lt a slut?

No point in having toys if you have no clue what to do with them..

LEWI007
06-12-09, 10:13 AM
Dont bother LET'ing a Sport.

IMO, Build a car that looks unique then put a LET in it.

MattBrown
06-12-09, 10:36 AM
mind you by 17 i had 4 novas and a 1.8 cavalier lol

Ive got 2/3 novas, a 306, a clio, and 3 motorbikes, funk loads of bits, and sold my 10K worth of rc cars!

I spend no monies on cloths, shoes etc, very little wasted, just add to my piles of parts!

Inhereted from my dad, who has the largest private collection of ducati parts ever AFIK!

We love our toys!

Btw, im really freaked out by paying £1,500 for a let lol

Benn
06-12-09, 10:38 AM
That's a rip off for a let.

MattBrown
06-12-09, 10:41 AM
Wish I was 17 again :cry:

All these dreams and plans are great Matt, I really hope that you can commit time AND MONEY to them all.

Get the sport IMO but don't LET it just get a standard twin 40 setup and you'll be able to afford to drive something that's still pretty quick and don't forget they're still only group 5.

LET the red one by this time it will be 2020 and you'll be 28 and be able to afford the insurance properly lol

Good luck you barmpot.

Getting on for 40 aint welol lol lol lol lol

Yeah, the whole let thing is a "Childhood enlargement of my manly region"

Ive been in some wicked fast cars, Giardo, 911 turbo, 911 coupe etc!

More than anything, the nova's do more for me, and my bank blance!

2nd year appo wages FTMFL:( lol

Ill build one, im thinking of reshelling my daily, getting one of my gte kits mint, and throwing that together, as im sick of having such a tatty road car!

Money is tight as ever, but ive managed to get all my arches, engine crane, welder, basic tools (Dads) grinders, etc!

Got loads of parts that I "May" need!

Got my c20 mounts, 22 spline shafts etc!

Just need an engine and box, to finish the cage, and then do some welding:thumb:

that farmer
06-12-09, 11:54 AM
go for it mate do what you wanna do, its your money and its your car. it does'nt really matter how many projects you have.
i myself have a triumph spitfire a mk 2 nova only a 1.3 twin 40's stripped as much as poss and soon to be on the road, my next project is to sell my van and get hold of a saloon then 2l 8valve it! the spitfire's gonna get a rover v8 in the nxt couple of year's its in dry storage at the moment has been for the last year.
im lucky i live on a farm so have lots of space to play with i will have more space to play with once some part's are gone and when i have a bloody good clear up!

the one big problem with loads of projects is space, and things getting muddled up but im sure you will be fine sound's like your on top of it!

good luck to you....

cheers tom

MattBrown
06-12-09, 11:59 AM
I need more space! I've got my log cabin, my grandads garage, and my aunties drive!

I'll keep plodding through the tat lol!

that farmer
06-12-09, 12:14 PM
it has to be done mate, if you love your car's and bike's that much and people dont mind letting you use there space then go for it.

MattBrown
06-12-09, 12:22 PM
it has to be done mate, if you love your car's and bike's that much and people dont mind letting you use there space then go for it.

If they don't I'll loose the plot lol

I'm gonna be fooked if I loose my liscince!

dj_wudgey
06-12-09, 12:34 PM

im with this guy whats the point off f*cking up and remooving the value away from a sport shell?? pointless!!

that farmer
06-12-09, 12:39 PM
If they don't I'll loose the plot lol

I'm gonna be fooked if I loose my liscince!

dont drive round like a nut case and you wont loose your licence time's and place's to drive crazy! :d

Edd
06-12-09, 12:44 PM
Why not just build ONE nova that your happy with ?

i also agree that it would be pointless ruining a sport.

sport
06-12-09, 12:46 PM
Who cares????

Edd
06-12-09, 12:53 PM
Who cares????

that also lollollollol

MattBrown
06-12-09, 12:56 PM
Who cares????

I'd rather see it used and abused than end up like decs!

A sport came to our nw meet a while ago!

Full car, mint condition, and he used it, in the rain, as it should be!

Think the sport shell of uncle chrisses is gone now, so anyone with a tidy White shell, lets have a looksee!

MattBrown
06-12-09, 12:57 PM
im with this guy whats the point off f*cking up and remooving the value away from a sport shell?? pointless!!

A mint shell is worth more than some gay chassis number!

jpga
06-12-09, 01:03 PM
if you was that much of a "raving loonatic" you wouldnt be asking anyone on the performance nova group weather you should buy a nova sport and "stick a let in it" if that nova sport wasnt for sale you wouldnt even be asking this question........ do you want us to work out your budget see what you can afford see what space and tools you have?

why bother buying the sport and selling the id ? its just a nova shell than ? IMO i would stop messing around a get one project done.

doesent look like your very clever " if i loose my license ill be fooked" your 17 and actually think you have a chance of loosing your license. your polanning on driving like a tool in c20xe/let?

im not having a go but it looks to me like this thread is all about you bragging about what stuff you have how much you love cars and how much your paying for lets and how fast and crazy your going to be?

dont get me wrong projects are cool but you want to build a 10 grand let and a decent c20xe and your 17 and your obviously having doubts so why even bother get your c20xe done then see how it goes.

you have 1 project on the go get off here and get it done on the road then start bragging about how good your car is cos otherwise no one really cares.

draper
06-12-09, 01:04 PM
if you was that much of a "raving loonatic" you wouldnt be asking anyone on the performance nova group weather you should buy a nova sport and "stick a let in it" if that nova sport wasnt for sale you wouldnt even be asking this question........ do you want us to work out your budget see what you can afford see what space and tools you have?

why bother buying the sport and selling the id ? its just a nova shell than ? IMO i would stop messing around a get one project done.

doesent look like your very clever " if i loose my license ill be fooked" your 17 and actually think you have a chance of loosing your license. your polanning on driving like a tool in c20xe/let?

im not having a go but it looks to me like this thread is all about you bragging about what stuff you have how much you love cars and how much your paying for lets and how fast and crazy your going to be?

dont get me wrong projects are cool but you want to build a 10 grand let and a decent c20xe and your 17 and your obviously having doubts so why even bother get your c20xe done then see how it goes.

you have 1 project on the go get off here and get it done on the road then start bragging about how good your car is cos otherwise no one really cares.

epic reply lol

MattBrown
06-12-09, 01:10 PM
You haven't seen me pedal, sit with me down my back lanes, I was asking for valid opinions on weather having a, 2 projects, and b, killing a genuine sport is the best way to go, now I've let this sport go, I doubt I'll ever find a shell as clean!

I can only hope I do, and if things don't go my way in court, my licence will be going, and that's in a 1 litre!

Before you start ranting, it was late at night on a totally empty road!

jpga
06-12-09, 01:17 PM
You haven't seen me pedal, sit with me down my back lanes, I was asking for valid opinions on weather having a, 2 projects, and b, killing a genuine sport is the best way to go, now I've let this sport go, I doubt I'll ever find a shell as clean!

I can only hope I do, and if things don't go my way in court, my licence will be going, and that's in a 1 litre!

Before you start ranting, it was late at night on a totally empty road!
yeah and i expressed my opinion. your 17 claiming your a raving loonatic. with a 1ltr telling people like .let nova and benn that your going to build a 10 grand let. and you getting banned in a 1ltr for caning it down the back roads. get your projecct thread up get your c20xe up and minted and we will see wont we. no can tell you weather to have 2 projects or to kill a sport its up to you mate. id rather have a **** mate than "watch you pedal" down a back lane in a 1ltr like ben said whats the point in having the toys if you dont know what to do with them.

Al3x
06-12-09, 01:19 PM
I'll pass tah fella!

Got my girls, got my gf, getting it regular, and she likes novas!

My gf- ftmfw!

pics or it never happened :d :thumb:

MattBrown
06-12-09, 01:36 PM
pics or it never happened :d :thumb:

Lmfao, you've met her ain't you?

Come down if your that eager lol

MattBrown
06-12-09, 01:39 PM
yeah and i expressed my opinion. your 17 claiming your a raving loonatic. with a 1ltr telling people like .let nova and benn that your going to build a 10 grand let. and you getting banned in a 1ltr for caning it down the back roads. get your projecct thread up get your c20xe up and minted and we will see wont we. no can tell you weather to have 2 projects or to kill a sport its up to you mate. id rather have a **** mate than "watch you pedal" down a back lane in a 1ltr like ben said whats the point in having the toys if you dont know what to do with them.

I could put up a project thread but don't see the point, as I've go about 6 pics, and it's a bare shell with a cage ATM!

In no way have I "told" let nova or ben i am building a 10k let nova, that's my dream, and the ref to the let sport was because of let nova coming down to groom me of I built it into a let lol

I have a love for all things engineeringy!

I don't get the suddern need to jump on me when I was discussing a valid point of "is it worth trashing a sport"

jpga
06-12-09, 01:43 PM
I could put up a project thread but don't see the point, as I've go about 6 pics, and it's a bare shell with a cage ATM!

In no way have I "told" let nova or ben i am building a 10k let nova, that's my dream, and the ref to the let sport was because of let nova coming down to groom me of I built it into a let lol

I have a love for all things engineeringy!

I don't get the suddern need to jump on me when I was discussing a valid point of "is it worth trashing a sport"

im not jumping on you..... yes thats pretty self explanitory isnt it.

"is it worth trashing a 14k nova sport" on a nova enthusiast forum:confused:

MattBrown
06-12-09, 01:46 PM
im not jumping on you..... yes thats pretty self explanitory isnt it.

"is it worth trashing a 14k nova sport" on a nova enthusiast forum:confused:

It has been forsale on here for about 2 weeks, and nobody has bought it?

That shocks me lollollol

MattBrown
06-12-09, 01:47 PM
Lovelly looking gte btw fella!

I love that colour, what is it?

Edd
06-12-09, 02:17 PM
What is the point in building a xe/let at 17 ??

even if it takes you 3 years to build are you going to be able to afford to insure it ? i doubt it.

jpga
06-12-09, 02:19 PM
Lovelly looking gte btw fella!

I love that colour, what is it?

lazer blue.

Al3x
06-12-09, 02:21 PM

even if it takes you 3 years to build are you going to be able to afford to insure it ? i doubt it.

who says you have to drive it on the road?
trackdays or a strip car ftw :thumb:

Edd
06-12-09, 02:27 PM

fair point, just with all the talk of caining it around back lanes i thought it would be for this purpose.

Benn
06-12-09, 02:31 PM

Would be crap. Having it sitting there not being used when you wanted. Car's are ment to be used, not used once a month.

vaughanmc
06-12-09, 02:32 PM
Would be crap. Having it sitting there not being used when you wanted. Car's are ment to be used, not used once a month.

:thumb:

MattBrown
06-12-09, 03:01 PM

Yes, 2 years no claims, can insure an xe for around £1400!

MattBrown
06-12-09, 03:02 PM

I'll just use it for Sunday summer drives etc!

Good point though benn!

Edd
06-12-09, 04:04 PM
Yes, 2 years no claims, can insure an xe for around £1400!

£1400 !!!! For a years issurance are you insane.

What a waste of cash.

Graeme
06-12-09, 04:17 PM
Tbh Edd thats cheap by todays standards for someone sub 25 years old, I know a lad who is paying nearly 4 and a half grand on a fiesta because he wrote off his previous car and claimed and he was the only vehicle involved

Pistol Pete
06-12-09, 05:09 PM
The whole sport thing doesnt bother me, if people are so passionate about them, hen it should have been snapped up!

It probably hasnt been snapped up, because it is a massive project to undertake.

I will have a serious think, as id rather sell the i,d then have to destroy a sport!

The shell is advertised openly on the forum, and i know just how stupidly good it is!

As srs1 said, I have nothing else to do really, got the gf, dont drink, and all my dad does is motorbikes, so I do both, bit of this and that here and there etc!

My problem is only having £300 a month throw away cash!

:roll: Yeah, i can see how that would be a problem!

Got £1000 on its way, maybe sell one of my motorbikes so I should have £1700, Enough to sort of paint and get an xe in the red one!

Then Im into the "Serious" let business, like 450bhp, £10k sort of serious:d

Srs1 will tell you, im a raving loonatic, he has specifically said i can never drive his car with him in it, as I try and "Kick its head in" whereever I go!

Why not just stop talking about what you are going to do/might do and get on and do it. You have a shell already why not just LET that? Oh, an you say about scooby slaying, you could have a good go with an XE i reckon.

And £1400 for insurance?? FLOL!!!

jpga
06-12-09, 05:25 PM
Why not just stop talking about what you are going to do/might do and get on and do it. You have a shell already why not just LET that? Oh, an you say about scooby slaying, you could have a good go with an XE i reckon.

And £1400 for insurance?? FLOL!!!

exactly my point mate either do it or done up to him not the influence of the performance nova group.

xe_nova9
06-12-09, 05:29 PM
1400 quid for insurance LOL???

I assume your taking the pi55, I got a quote at 19 with 3 points and 1 years no claims for 1300 quid all mods declared etc etc.

draper
06-12-09, 05:30 PM
1400 quid for insurance LOL???

I assume your taking the pi55, I got a quote at 19 with 3 points and 1 years no claims for 1300 quid all mods declared etc etc.

yeah but you live in a posh area lol

xe_nova9
06-12-09, 05:31 PM
haha ok its not the worst but 1300 is cheap!!!

MattBrown
06-12-09, 08:13 PM
I live in a posh area you cheeky cnuts!

Grade a for insurance iirc!

I was jumping around the room at £1400!

Like I was extatic!

If I stuff it, I'll just reshell, unless someone else is involved, I can't see the point of claiming!

Does my alarm, imobiliser, and a snap off wheel help insurance?

Benn
06-12-09, 08:39 PM
I'll just use it for Sunday summer drives etc!

Good point though benn!

Why funking bother at all then? Waist of a car/engine some one could be enjoying.