PDA

View Full Version : leaky doors

nova_pipi
05-12-09, 03:40 PM
has any one ever had leaky doors and the water is coming in through the seals where they join together at the bottom of the windows? if anyone has how did they fix it please because i keep getting puddles in my car :( thanks phil

Iain
05-12-09, 03:51 PM
I thought if it leaked there it would just drip in to the door and out the drain holes in the bottom of it - are you sure it's coming in there?

I've found the strips at the bottom of the windows in the doors can bend out of shape quite easily if removed, so maybe try some new/straighter ones?

w88rdy
05-12-09, 04:14 PM
whereabouts are the puddles? more likely to be battery tray area if it drivers footwell thank the door seals

Nova_Tek
05-12-09, 04:17 PM
Battery tray is the likely cause. Cheack to see if the drain holes at the bottom of the dorrs are free of poo.

nova_pipi
05-12-09, 04:42 PM
its definatly there it was coming out from behind my dorr card and into the footwell, it was dripping on to my speaker then into the car i think someone else had this problem a while back but i cant remember who, iv took my speaker out to stop it going on that so hopefully it will jus go out the bottom of the car now :D i checked all the battery tray also and got the hose spraying on it for a good 5 minutes and nothing was coming in so hopefully i wont have wet footwells now :thumb: thanks for the help everyone though ill update if it still leaks and try to get sum pics

Nova_Tek
05-12-09, 04:47 PM
Did you check the holes at the bottom of the doors? There are special drainage holes if water ever gets behind the outer window rubber then water will drip out the bottom of the door. Do check them as things can block them. Just to be sure.