PDA

View Full Version : suspension

scotte
22-03-03, 09:15 PM
i have a k reg gsi done about 130,000.its got an omp strut brace 40mm springs and upraed shocks the shocks r pmc.the rears ahve been on there about 1 1/2 years and the front for about 4 1/2 yars. the ride is terrible on most roads its so hard,uncomfortable really.hard to controlit sometimes. im assuming i need new shocks?will i notice a difference with just new gmax uprated ones or shall i get adjustables? will the ride be ok if i only have adjustables on the front? not sure if bushes have been changed at all would that make any differnce??? cheers.......

Jim
22-03-03, 09:46 PM
You should be fine with G-max uprated shocks, like you said, might be worth letting the company know your car will be lowered 40mm as I think you can get different types of shocks for differnet ride heights. Depends how much you want to spend on your suspension. If you can afford it get adjustables, if you can afford more than that, get coilovers. Might be worth checking the bushes since the cars done a fair bit of mileage.

Jim

mikeoxford
24-03-03, 12:17 AM
i know it sounds daft but make sure everything is tight and not sloppy as you will be suprised!

check joints etc for worn components and make sure that bolts and the like are still tight in places they should be