PDA

View Full Version : What!?!?! But yipeeee!!

Nobby
03-12-09, 07:00 PM
As some of you know ive been in the process over the last month of removing the xe on bike carbs from the belmont and putting it in my new nova! Now i took the carbs off the engine as not to damage them in transit and have had loads of problems and took it for mot today still running like a bag of ****e only failed the mot on 1 bit of welding that i hoped to get done before the mot but was busy at work so couldnt do it! anyway i forgot to put the dipstick back in so drove it home from work spitting and farting after messing with it for an hour at dinner trying to find the fault and found the dipstick so then put it back in and my little bro was outside my house with his mates so went to do a little burnout messing around showing off lol and it took off like a aeroplane!!! :eek: :eek: Gave it some more beans down the road and it pulled like a train!!! Couldnt believe it! So after all i assume it was just breathing wrong due to no dipstick?!?!? Cant believe how ****e it made the engine run!!! I was about to strip the carbs down thinking it was them!! OH well lesson learned always remeber your dipstick!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: lol lol lol

saloonwoody
03-12-09, 07:01 PM
result lol

scott.parker
03-12-09, 07:23 PM
lol you pleb!

Ernie
03-12-09, 07:25 PM
dipstick lol

Spudly
03-12-09, 07:25 PM
Good times:d

Nobby
03-12-09, 07:28 PM
dipstick lol
Yup i cant believe no dipstick could cause that much problems!

Adam
03-12-09, 07:40 PM
Yup i cant believe no dipstick could cause that much problems!
I cant see how it can?? Lol

At least it seems to have fixed itself.

Nick
03-12-09, 07:47 PM
it couldn't have caused those problems. Good times though, maybe you nudged something whilst replacing it !

nova_saloon
03-12-09, 07:49 PM
messy stuff

Nobby
03-12-09, 07:50 PM
:confused:
I cant see how it can?? Lol

At least it seems to have fixed itself.

you think?? im not running any breather system at all? must of been a major coincidence lol

Adam
03-12-09, 07:58 PM
Alls removing the dipstick will do is let the engine breathe out the dipstick hole instead of up the breathers.....

Cant really see anyone it can effect the engine running

Novasport
03-12-09, 11:19 PM
We see it regularly on BMW's when people top the oil level up on their engines. If the oil cap is left loose it draws air into the engine which makes them run like sh*te and the engine light to eventually come on

Will F
04-12-09, 08:57 AM
Nah - it wont make any real differnce to teh running of the engine - but who cares - its fixed! lol